A positive outlook on the warriors' bad record

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Many people are complaining. They say that "if the warriors are only .500 with an easy schedule then how will they do with a hard schedule?". What they fail to notice is that the warriors have played the HARDEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE thus far. Their opponents have a 56% winning % (highest in the league) that will go up after the next two games. There is a reason we're having a tough time so far. We've had a crazy amount of injuries AND a crazy tough schedule. By RPI, a scale that weighs number of wins by how hard the wins were, the warriors are #7 in the league.

just to put perspective on things.
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:57 pm
Indeed, I just keep telling people, "When Cabarkapa gets back, the Warriors will finish around 50-10"
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:35 pm
cabarkapa wrote:Indeed, I just keep telling people, "When Cabarkapa gets back, the Warriors will finish around 50-10"

HAHAHAHA your funny, your just joking right
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:37 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Many people are complaining. They say that "if the warriors are only .500 with an easy schedule then how will they do with a hard schedule?". What they fail to notice is that the warriors have played the HARDEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE thus far. Their opponents have a 56% winning % (highest in the league) that will go up after the next two games. There is a reason we're having a tough time so far. We've had a crazy amount of injuries AND a crazy tough schedule. By RPI, a scale that weighs number of wins by how hard the wins were, the warriors are #7 in the league.

Amen. I also think there's a decent chance we'll tear up the east since they're the sorriest conference I've seen since I started watching the NBA.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:56 pm
Nelson has gotten outstanding performance from our youngsters (Biedrins, Ellis and even Pietrus). Unfortunately, it will be difficult to move players and their bad contracts because we moved from a failed college system with Monty to a more up tempo with Nelson. The Warrior's are playing .500 ball and have the ability to compete for the eighth and final spot in the Western Conference. Like the Lakers, having the right coach can make a huge difference in gradually moving a team in a winning direction.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:59 pm
hellkiller wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:Indeed, I just keep telling people, "When Cabarkapa gets back, the Warriors will finish around 50-10"

HAHAHAHA your funny, your just joking right

Yup, but J. Rich and Diogu still injured anyway, just like to tell people that Cabarkapa is good.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 am
cladden wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Many people are complaining. They say that "if the warriors are only .500 with an easy schedule then how will they do with a hard schedule?". What they fail to notice is that the warriors have played the HARDEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE thus far. Their opponents have a 56% winning % (highest in the league) that will go up after the next two games. There is a reason we're having a tough time so far. We've had a crazy amount of injuries AND a crazy tough schedule. By RPI, a scale that weighs number of wins by how hard the wins were, the warriors are #7 in the league.

Amen. I also think there's a decent chance we'll tear up the east since they're the sorriest conference I've seen since I started watching the NBA.

I also reckon the team will win most of its road games against the east teams. They are doing well so far, over 50 % after playing the Spurs twice and top teams like the Jazz (twice as well) and Rockets (twice again) is quite good

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:15 am
great research, pest. Also interesting to note they have played fewer games against the LEASTERN conference than any other BESTERN conference team has, so we should see a real uptick in their record after that evens out a bit...of course, they have played 16 home and only 7 road games thus far...I think a reasonable expectation is that they go 3-3 on this road trip
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:37 am
i won't consider myself a basketball expert...but i would say that a majority of the people focus on the actual numbers to determine how good a team is. with no analysis for WHY the team lost or WHY they won, these critics just hop on the bandwagon when the team does well and blame SOMEONE for why the team lost. THAT'S IT. the warriors are still a young team who have still played considerably well against the top teams in the league (as mentioned above). and for the record... cabarkapa is awesome :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:20 am
coltraning wrote:they have played 16 home and only 7 road games thus far

That's the point about the schedule. It's been labeled as easy because we have played a lot more games at home, and we all know we play much better at The Oracle.

It's true that we have won against really tough teams, but it's also true they have wiped the floor with us when we didn't play at home (San Antonio, Utah, Houston...).

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:01 am

I definitely agree that this has been a pretty tough schedule on the dubs thus far...awesome win tonight and I think like Coltraning said 3-3 is respectable if they lose to phoenix, orlando and either miami or new jersey.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:18 am
I just don't see the Hawks, Celts and Bobcats beating the Warriors anywhere. Obviously any team can beat any other team on a given night but those teams are bad defensive teams and that is what the team does well against.

Going on an East road trip will really show what the team is made of

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:33 am
in addition to the tough schedule, we all, including myself, forget that the warriors are the 2nd youngest team in the nba.

but i guess i feel like the warriors are like my kids - i'm going to be hard on them regardless only b/c I want the best for them.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:34 am
migya wrote:I just don't see the Hawks, Celts and Bobcats beating the Warriors anywhere. Obviously any team can beat any other team on a given night but those teams are bad defensive teams and that is what the team does well against.

Except we don't play Atlanta and Charlotte til our second road trip. This one is composed of Phoenix (not an east team, but still part of the trip), Toronto & Boston (both winnable), New Jersey, Orlando and Miami... Tough games ahead.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I just don't see the Hawks, Celts and Bobcats beating the Warriors anywhere. Obviously any team can beat any other team on a given night but those teams are bad defensive teams and that is what the team does well against.

Except we don't play Atlanta and Charlotte til our second road trip. This one is composed of Phoenix (not an east team, but still part of the trip), Toronto & Boston (both winnable), New Jersey, Orlando and Miami... Tough games ahead.

true...2 and 4 or 1 anf 5 are not at all out of the question. I remember last year's december road trip being the beginning of the downward spiral. 3 and 3 augurs well if they can pull it off. Means beating at least 1 good team on the trip.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball