Fitzgerald - Dunleavy Interview

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:49 pm
Did anyone catch the Bob Fitzgerald interview with Mike Dunleavy yesterday. I heard it and Iwanted to throw-up. He kissed Mike's ass about his Duke education and his basketball IQ. Do Mike's credit, he didn't go for it. Fitz tried to kiss up to mike's unselfishness, but mike admitted that he must be more agressive. He stated that he agreed with Nelly that he is hurting the team by not being agressive.

Is there anyway we can get to Fitzgerald by to let him no how sickening he sounds when kissing up to Mike? Can we organize and call him as a group of knowledgable fans that he is bias in his announcing and interviewing? i wonder if Pietrus knows that Fitzgerald thinks he's dumb? I wish we could find away to get to this idiot.

Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm
Location: SAN FRAN
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:55 pm
what's new…a lot of reporters give him way too much credit for what he's done. which isn't much, for all the praise that he's receiving.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:49 am
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:13 pm
I still like Bob. He's a very energetic announcer.

Is there an audio of this interview online?

Starting Lineup
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:24 pm
The more and more I travel, and hear the other announcers, I'm actually glad that Fitz is our announcer because at least Fitz is knowledgable about other teams and is energetic unlike other announcers (DAN MARJLE)
New. Stuff.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:29 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I still like Bob. He's a very energetic announcer.

Is there an audio of this interview online?


I think Fitz is a pompous Notre Dame grad, Ivy League kiss ass. I would take my dumb players, Pietrus, Monta (high schooler), and Biedrins (high schooler). ina 3-on-3 game against his prima's Dunleavy (Duke), Foyle (Colgate), and Murphy (Notre Dame).
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:31 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I still like Bob. He's a very energetic announcer


Agreed... Plus Bob Fitz is paid by the Warriors Organization to kiss ass to every player on the team during an interview.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:29 pm
Well hey, at least Fitz is better than the other analysts. Such as Hubie Brown, Bill Walton, ect. Those guys are just terrible. It's like a classroom when you hear them commentating. Now you wanna know who's the real deal, that'd be Tim Roye. He's a sav.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:36 pm
it is impossible to tell whether bob has any knowledge of the game because they always take the softball questions that 6 year olds sent on ask bob and jim. though it is pathetic that fitz doesn't know what an assist is
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:54 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:it is impossible to tell whether bob has any knowledge of the game because they always take the softball questions that 6 year olds sent on ask bob and jim. though it is pathetic that fitz doesn't know what an assist is


Fitz doesn't know what an assist is??!?!!?!?!? :|

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:56 pm
Fitz is the reason why I sometimes have to watch the game on mute. He is such a kiss ass and fake. It makes me sick listening to him. Plus i think hes racist. He always gives white guys more credit than the black guys. Pay attention.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Mill Valley
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:06 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:He always gives white guys more credit than the black guys. Pay attention.


That statement is just dumb.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:16 pm
John Patrick wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:it is impossible to tell whether bob has any knowledge of the game because they always take the softball questions that 6 year olds sent on ask bob and jim. though it is pathetic that fitz doesn't know what an assist is


Fitz doesn't know what an assist is??!?!!?!?!? :|

yes, he was asked what an assist was in ask bob and jim and he said "it has to be a pass directly leading to the basket without a single dribble taken by the passer or reciever, and the shooter has to be wide open". That's the 1940s definition. In reality, the passer and reciever can both take dribbles and the reciever can have a hand in his face.
ImageImage

Role Player
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:46 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 pm
Now you know how I felt about Jeff Gar(Gay)cia all these years when he was and still is to this day, getting tons of credit and his ass kissed by announcers and blind 49er fans for being a 'great' QB when really it was all T.O. making Jeff look good.

Role Player
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:57 pm
GSW2006 wrote:Now you know how I felt about Jeff Gar(Gay)cia all these years when he was and still is to this day, getting tons of credit and his ass kissed by announcers and blind 49er fans for being a 'great' QB when really it was all T.O. making Jeff look good.


What about the job hes doing in Philly? I'd say its pretty damn decent
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:26 pm
cabarkapa wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:Now you know how I felt about Jeff Gar(Gay)cia all these years when he was and still is to this day, getting tons of credit and his ass kissed by announcers and blind 49er fans for being a 'great' QB when really it was all T.O. making Jeff look good.


What about the job hes doing in Philly? I'd say its pretty damn decent


Analysist are already starting to kiss Garcia's ass again because of how the Eagles are doing. They're facing some weak teams, and they are in the NFC.

Anyone hear what Barnett boasted about during today's game? He was saying how he put up 42 one night, then 2 the next. And to think he does praise himself of his game at times.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron