Oh Say It Ain't So...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:54 am
AI will not be a Warrior for several reasons. 1. Practice - I don't need to practice. 2. Ellis is not on the block. 3. Murphy and Foyle are untradeable 4. Baron probably takes 3-5 bad shots per game, but is a decent all around basketball player ... AI just destroys team chemistry 5. King doesn't have a clue ... the longer he takes the better chances he gets at landing Ogden. He wants talent, 1st round picks, expiring contracts and near equal value. What GM with a solid relationship to his coach will bring in AI and strip the team of talent and 1st round picks. Unfortunately for the Sixers, Isiah has already taken the Knicks coaching job, and Matt Millen is still in the NFL.

Finally, the Biedrins and BD trade seems fairly silly, especially since a attention grabbing New York reporter creaeted the story. Typically New Yorker proably has not seen a single Warrior game and seen that Biedrins is actually a legit big.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:52 am
dareedle wrote:AI will not be a Warrior for several reasons. 1. Practice - I don't need to practice. 2. Ellis is not on the block. 3. Murphy and Foyle are untradeable 4. Baron probably takes 3-5 bad shots per game, but is a decent all around basketball player ... AI just destroys team chemistry 5. King doesn't have a clue ... the longer he takes the better chances he gets at landing Ogden. He wants talent, 1st round picks, expiring contracts and near equal value. What GM with a solid relationship to his coach will bring in AI and strip the team of talent and 1st round picks. Unfortunately for the Sixers, Isiah has already taken the Knicks coaching job, and Matt Millen is still in the NFL.

Finally, the Biedrins and BD trade seems fairly silly, especially since a attention grabbing New York reporter creaeted the story. Typically New Yorker proably has not seen a single Warrior game and seen that Biedrins is actually a legit big.


A lot seem to mention Baron taking bad shots - um, let's see... that certainly can be said about the rest of the team...

pietrus throws up junk...j-rich shoots too many fricken fadeaways...EVERYTHING Dun shoots is bad...murph throws up some p*ssy shots...ellis takes his share of bad shots...

i dont get you baron haters... objectively speaking, baron's kickin ass..

Rookie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: East San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:54 am
dareedle wrote:AI will not be a Warrior for several reasons. 1. Practice - I don't need to practice. 2. Ellis is not on the block. 3. Murphy and Foyle are untradeable 4. Baron probably takes 3-5 bad shots per game, but is a decent all around basketball player ... AI just destroys team chemistry 5. King doesn't have a clue ... the longer he takes the better chances he gets at landing Ogden. He wants talent, 1st round picks, expiring contracts and near equal value. What GM with a solid relationship to his coach will bring in AI and strip the team of talent and 1st round picks. Unfortunately for the Sixers, Isiah has already taken the Knicks coaching job, and Matt Millen is still in the NFL.

Finally, the Biedrins and BD trade seems fairly silly, especially since a attention grabbing New York reporter creaeted the story. Typically New Yorker proably has not seen a single Warrior game and seen that Biedrins is actually a legit big.


PRACTICE??.... PRACTICE???

He's a franchise player and we're sittin here talkin about PRACTICE??

:)


In terms of Baron, Baron is still key... but the big question mark is his durability. AI will play through anything and I actually think AI will excel with Nellie. Can you imagine the points we'd score with Monta, AI, J Rich and Pietrus? We'll average like 165 points a game as a team and AI average like 50 ppg. 8)

Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm
Location: SAN FRAN
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:59 pm
with ai here those guys would get way less looks. He'll probably make'em feel bad if they couldnt convert his passes.

our team is good, we need better quality big men not small…we have good ones but they need to play a lot better. and ike needs to stop taking two months off for a sprained ankle, ****…

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:04 pm
migya wrote:I don't believe Mullin would give up so much for Iverson!

Biedrins has to be kept


Migya, you know I respect your views andd basketball knowlege but I have to disagree with you on this one. Athough i love AB, he is no Olajuwonm Shaq, Wilt, or Kareem. Heck, he is not Amare, Tim Duncan, or Chris Bosh. What he is, is a good young player, who may, or may not get better.

Iverson is a proven commodity amny times over. He is showing no signs of slowing up. I have not seen a guy of that size that is so dominate since Nate Archibald. He is a hall of famer. As much as I love AB, I would trade him for AI. Plus Steve hunter is a big body with a lot of potential. As a matter of fact, he has as much potential as AB. If he were with the Warriors right now we might be talking about him. Oh yeah, don't forget about POB. Mully did not draft him to be a back-up center. Mully drafted him to be the man in the middle for this team. maybe he can develop too.

the knee jerk raction is not to give up AB for Iverson and Hunter, but if you slow down a minute, it is not such a bad deal. Think about it.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:05 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
migya wrote:I don't believe Mullin would give up so much for Iverson!

Biedrins has to be kept


Migya, you know I respect your views andd basketball knowlege but I have to disagree with you on this one. Athough i love AB, he is no Olajuwonm Shaq, Wilt, or Kareem. Heck, he is not Amare, Tim Duncan, or Chris Bosh. What he is, is a good young player, who may, or may not get better.

Iverson is a proven commodity amny times over. He is showing no signs of slowing up. I have not seen a guy of that size that is so dominate since Nate Archibald. He is a hall of famer. As much as I love AB, I would trade him for AI. Plus Steve hunter is a big body with a lot of potential. As a matter of fact, he has as much potential as AB. If he were with the Warriors right now we might be talking about him. Oh yeah, don't forget about POB. Mully did not draft him to be a back-up center. Mully drafted him to be the man in the middle for this team. maybe he can develop too.

the knee jerk raction is not to give up AB for Iverson and Hunter, but if you slow down a minute, it is not such a bad deal. Think about it.


I agree with you, Reginald, on your accessment. Biedrens is very appealing to us long suffering Warrior fans because he plays inside, plays with energy, and is not Foyle. While I would hate to see Biedrens go, the Warriors cannot give up the opportunity to pick up an AI. OG pointed out yesterday how Davis is a distributor; a backcourt of AI and Davis would devastate a Parker-Ginowhatever-his-name backcourt/a Kobe-Paker/and everyone else in the West. Only a Billups-Hamilton backcourt could match up with this backcourt. Also, think back to the AI led Philly finals team; it was AI and a bunch of lunchbox, hard hat guys. AI and Davis with a group of complimentary players could be very unstoppable. Lastly, superstars who get traded from their original team more often than not play even better (to possibly prove a point) with their new teams (Shaq, Barkley, Wilt, Moses, etc.).
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:20 pm
aletha33 wrote:j-rich shoots too many fricken fadeaways


and makes most of them... I don't think J-Rich should be criticized at all.
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:24 pm
I agree with Migya's statement.

Biedrins is one of the best centers in the league right now! Centers are the hardest thing to find in the NBA and that's why all us Warriors fans hold him so high. You can't compare him to the big boys yet. He's only 21 and not even close to his prime! "He may not get better" Sorry, but that's some BS.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:28 pm
Steve Hunter should not be part of in any trade. Remember he was traded last season to New Orleans and he failed the physical?. He has only one knee healthy and a long contract (the amount ain't that big, but he's signed til 2010).

And the problem, as I've said in other threads, is AI's age. Of course he's way better than our players... but they still have 15 years of bball on them, while AI would be great right now... and we'd have to rebuild again in 3 years.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:34 pm
WestCoast O wrote:
dareedle wrote:AI will not be a Warrior for several reasons. 1. Practice - I don't need to practice. 2. Ellis is not on the block. 3. Murphy and Foyle are untradeable 4. Baron probably takes 3-5 bad shots per game, but is a decent all around basketball player ... AI just destroys team chemistry 5. King doesn't have a clue ... the longer he takes the better chances he gets at landing Ogden. He wants talent, 1st round picks, expiring contracts and near equal value. What GM with a solid relationship to his coach will bring in AI and strip the team of talent and 1st round picks. Unfortunately for the Sixers, Isiah has already taken the Knicks coaching job, and Matt Millen is still in the NFL.

Finally, the Biedrins and BD trade seems fairly silly, especially since a attention grabbing New York reporter creaeted the story. Typically New Yorker proably has not seen a single Warrior game and seen that Biedrins is actually a legit big.


PRACTICE??.... PRACTICE???

He's a franchise player and we're sittin here talkin about PRACTICE??

:)


In terms of Baron, Baron is still key... but the big question mark is his durability. AI will play through anything and I actually think AI will excel with Nellie. Can you imagine the points we'd score with Monta, AI, J Rich and Pietrus? We'll average like 165 points a game as a team and AI average like 50 ppg. 8)


That's exactly what this whole AI hype leads up to. Do not get fooled by "how many points we could score". Last time I checked, we have one of the top scoring offenses in the league. AI is the type of superstar who would make you say, "Oh my, wouldn't that be awesome if he was doing that in a Warriors uni." or "AI played such a great game, I wish we had someone on the Warriors who could do that." What I'm trying to say is that don't get all sucked up just because of AI's scoring ability. Don't get me wrong, he's a phenomenal threat, but we don't need offense. We need a big man who will help accompany Biedrins down low.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:48 pm
Who would you rather have now

Nash or Amare?

Yao or Arenas?

Biedrins or AI?

Oden or Chris Paul?

Duncan or Kobe?

Foyle or Earl Boykins?

Let's look at the rings this last couple of years Heat - Shaq, Spurs - Duncan, Detroit (Wallace bros), Spurs - Duncan, Fakers - (Shaq).

The Warriors have talent and balanced scoring. Would a fourth quarter scorer help, yes? Would a low post player help, yes?

Aren't we still 8th in the Western Conference without a fricking dime from J-Richardson (our 2006 MVP)

We will not trade Biedrins + BD for AI for a desperate GM in King. We also got a get out of Jr. contract with the extention of Sr. in clipperland.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:31 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
migya wrote:I don't believe Mullin would give up so much for Iverson!

Biedrins has to be kept


Migya, you know I respect your views andd basketball knowlege but I have to disagree with you on this one. Athough i love AB, he is no Olajuwonm Shaq, Wilt, or Kareem. Heck, he is not Amare, Tim Duncan, or Chris Bosh. What he is, is a good young player, who may, or may not get better.

Iverson is a proven commodity amny times over. He is showing no signs of slowing up. I have not seen a guy of that size that is so dominate since Nate Archibald. He is a hall of famer. As much as I love AB, I would trade him for AI. Plus Steve hunter is a big body with a lot of potential. As a matter of fact, he has as much potential as AB. If he were with the Warriors right now we might be talking about him. Oh yeah, don't forget about POB. Mully did not draft him to be a back-up center. Mully drafted him to be the man in the middle for this team. maybe he can develop too.

the knee jerk raction is not to give up AB for Iverson and Hunter, but if you slow down a minute, it is not such a bad deal. Think about it.




Biedrins is so young and has improved so much! A very solid Center that FITS the team is not easy to find! Steven Hunter wasn't much when he was in Orlando and Phoenix and he won't be much here.

Iverson is a great player but having him, Baron and JRich together would not work and things would blow up!

Develop the young guys and forget about having three guards that need ther ball alot
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:33 am
Josh Jamison wrote:I agree with Migya's statement.

Biedrins is one of the best centers in the league right now! Centers are the hardest thing to find in the NBA and that's why all us Warriors fans hold him so high. You can't compare him to the big boys yet. He's only 21 and not even close to his prime! "He may not get better" Sorry, but that's some BS.



Biedrins should only get better! He is so valuable right now as the best interior defender and rebounder. We know that things work with Biedrins but are not sure what would happen if he was not here and I'm pretty sure the team would be real soft down low again
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest