Mullin might just be looking to get Iverson

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:22 am
When i was messing with the trade function over at espn i had to trade Dunleavy Murphy and Pietrus for Iverson to make the money work out right.

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 am
Newest Update, as i know of it at least.

What they're saying on the Allen Iverson grapevine: The Answer has let it be known that he doesn't want to play in Charlotte.

What they're also saying in front-office circles: Iverson's camp got word to Sacramento and Golden State that he's not in a rush to relocate to Northern California, either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... id=2695408

I can't say i'm dissapointed.

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 am
System Error wrote:What they're also saying in front-office circles: Iverson's camp got word to Sacramento and Golden State that he's not in a rush to relocate to Northern California, either.

I can't say i'm dissapointed.

Me neither. Every proposal we've heard includes J-Rich and/or Monta as parts of the trade. I wouldn't like to lose any of those two for AI. We're better off (long term) without him.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 pm
Yahoo! just posted a rumor that a deal is close to being done that sends Baron and Biedrins for AI and Steven Hunter.

I hope that this isn't true. If this deal happens it immediately puts Mullin on the Isiah Thomas/Kevin McHale level.

Worst . . . trade. . . ever.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:29 pm
My thing is that I do think Mullin is really trying to make something happen because he had said in the offseason he would but never did. Getting a superstar sells and unfortunately, that is what drives a business.

The Kings apparently are front runners and are offering Bibby (reunion with Webber) and Kenny Thomas for Iverson. This might be enough, may be throw in Williamson or something.

Iverson is not the way to go but the sixers would love to get their hands on one or more of the team's young guys

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:16 pm
I shoot Mullin myself if he ever trades Biedrins!!!!

Mullin will be the Western Conference version of Isiah!!! A complete loser all the way!!! A great player but lousy GM!!! Fire his ass!!!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:03 pm
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well the rumor mill has the warriors sending baron and 2 young players for iverson, and another has jason richardson and foyle for iverson. obviously i'd go for the latter because i dont want to give up on our young talent.

It depends. If the two young players are POB and Cabarkalasjfasajgfapabitch, I'd love that trade. :wink:

I just don't want to lose Ellis for a 31 years old AI. It would be different if he were 3 years younger.

i would trade Ike and POb
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:41 pm
Don't touch Ike. It's easier to get quick guards than it is to get low post offensive threats.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:54 am
John Patrick wrote:Don't touch Ike. It's easier to get quick guards than it is to get low post offensive threats.

That and the fact that he is no contract problem! If Mullin is going to trade for someone, he has to try to get rid of at least one of the three bad contracts

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 am
A bit out of topic but, instead of trading for AI, who seems like it would cost us much more than we should give Philly, I'd be happy if we bring a player like Earl Watson, who is available for trades, wouldn't cost as much as AI, is one of the toughest defenders of the league at PG (one of our main weaknesses) and would fit a need, as we currently have no backup for Baron (no, I'm not counting McLeod as one).

Also, I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to be a Warrior, unlike AI.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:16 am
TMC wrote:A bit out of topic but, instead of trading for AI, who seems like it would cost us much more than we should give Philly, I'd be happy if we bring a player like Earl Watson, who is available for trades, wouldn't cost as much as AI, is one of the toughest defenders of the league at PG (one of our main weaknesses) and would fit a need, as we currently have no backup for Baron (no, I'm not counting McLeod as one).

Also, I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to be a Warrior, unlike AI.

What would it take to get him though? Monta? NO WAY!

Watson is more than decent but there is not much flexibility in this trade as none of the big contracts can go for him and none of the scrubs would really help the Sonics, although they would likely be interested in Barnes but he should be off limits unless it is a dynamite trade.

I can see Rashard and Watson for Pietrus, Barnes and future 1st rounder

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 am
migya wrote:What would it take to get him though? Monta? NO WAY!

I've got a feeling that, unless their new owner doesn't want long contracts, they'd be willing to trade him for Dunleavy (or Pietrus and fillers. That would be a pretty good option with a smaller contract, although I'm not sure I'd do that trade. I'd do if we don't plan on re-signing MP).

I mean, Watson doesn't play (Mike Wilks is the backup to Ridnour), has gone to the media with his desire to leave Seattle and his contract it's high (not as much as Dun's or Murph's, but too much for someone that doesn't play). The Sonics will trade him this season.

Add to that that Lewis, more likely than not, will take the option to become a free agent at season's end... and they'll need help at SF. They MAY go for that trade...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:What would it take to get him though? Monta? NO WAY!

I've got a feeling that, unless their new owner doesn't want long contracts, they'd be willing to trade him for Dunleavy (or Pietrus and fillers. That would be a pretty good option with a smaller contract, although I'm not sure I'd do that trade. I'd do if we don't plan on re-signing MP).

I mean, Watson doesn't play (Mike Wilks is the backup to Ridnour), has gone to the media with his desire to leave Seattle and his contract it's high (not as much as Dun's or Murph's, but too much for someone that doesn't play). The Sonics will trade him this season.

Add to that that Lewis, more likely than not, will take the option to become a free agent at season's end... and they'll need help at SF. They MAY go for that trade...

They would go for Pietrus and one or two others maybe, but not for dun! I agree that Mullin should be looking at this as a much more viable trade. Even Murphy and Pietrus for Lewis and Watson

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:35 am
migya wrote:They would go for Pietrus and one or two others maybe, but not for dun! I agree that Mullin should be looking at this as a much more viable trade. Even Murphy and Pietrus for Lewis and Watson

I'd try Dun just due to their needs at SF. Probably would have to settle for Pietrus, tho... but if Dun keeps having a few more good games from the bench, there may be a chance.

And, regarding Murphy, there's no chance there. They've just re-signed Wilcox and Collison this summer.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:05 pm
I just checked a Chad Ford chat & he basically said the BD + Biedrins for AI deal was hyperbolized horseshit. Which made me reallllly happy. Giving away Biedrins would make me weep uncontrollably. He's literally getting better every game. All-Star by '09 or I owe you a steak.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades