Another Iverson Post

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:38 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm
I've been reading a bunch of rumors and I've come across one that suggests that the Warriors would be willing to trade Davis and Biedrins for Iverson. I've dismissed it just as quickly as I read it, but thought to myself that this is the same guy that signed Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy to ridiculous contracts. I would hate to believe that Mullin is that dumb.

The best cast scenario would be to trade Murphy, Richardson, and Cabarkapa for Iverson and Hunter. I would do this trade with the idea of trading Iverson as soon as he's available to be traded again. This is the only way that the Warriors can get rid of Murphy's contract. There are few teams out there that want Iverson and the might be willing to give up a big name or a young player for him. Possibly even go after Harrington with Sarunas and Tinsley.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:39 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:27 pm
So your saying that we should give up Richardson for the sole purpose of being able to get rid of Murphy's contract. If this was the case I would say do nothing period. If we aren't going to actually use Iversons services then there is no point to trading for him.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Role Player
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:32 pm
NOT CABARKAPA :evil:
Image

Rookie
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:48 pm
here is a trade for you at real gm

http://www3.realgm.com/src_checktrade.p ... id=3517806.

All expiring contracts or close to it except Millers
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm
i think this trade is best for our team and there team
we trade BD MP POB or Ike and a 1 round draft pick

76ers trade AI and and hunter

our line up will be
AI
monta
jrich
ike( if we dont trade him)
AB

that lineup will get us to the playoff for sure
This is the year
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:03 pm
No. We give up too much in that trade. Baron is younger than AI and a better PG. Baron + bad contract or marginal player is enough. This is ridiculous, stop overrating AI.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:23 am
I was bored:

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=3518531

WHAT ABOUT THAT.
New. Stuff.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:56 am
Lordsofacid wrote:here is a trade for you at real gm

http://www3.realgm.com/src_checktrade.p ... id=3517806.

All expiring contracts or close to it except Millers



Why would we want all those players, all except Andre Miller, scrubs?

BAD TRADE!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 am
BT wrote:I was bored:

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=3518531

WHAT ABOUT THAT.




Again, no to scrubs!

More quality, less quantity!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:04 pm
migya wrote:
Lordsofacid wrote:here is a trade for you at real gm

http://www3.realgm.com/src_checktrade.p ... id=3517806.

All expiring contracts or close to it except Millers



Why would we want all those players, all except Andre Miller, scrubs?

BAD TRADE!



They are all expiring contracts, except Miller's. The Warriors can dump the small contracts right away, the rest expire after this season. It is just a salary dumb. Murphey is not turning into Dirk like some people thought he would with Nelson coaching. This will make room for Ike. Foyle is not going to just leave with all that money on the table. The cost of getting rid of those contracts is losing BD. With this trade the Warriors at least get Miller for a few years.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:03 am
Lordsofacid wrote:
migya wrote:
Lordsofacid wrote:here is a trade for you at real gm

http://www3.realgm.com/src_checktrade.p ... id=3517806.

All expiring contracts or close to it except Millers



Why would we want all those players, all except Andre Miller, scrubs?

BAD TRADE!



They are all expiring contracts, except Miller's. The Warriors can dump the small contracts right away, the rest expire after this season. It is just a salary dumb. Murphey is not turning into Dirk like some people thought he would with Nelson coaching. This will make room for Ike. Foyle is not going to just leave with all that money on the table. The cost of getting rid of those contracts is losing BD. With this trade the Warriors at least get Miller for a few years.



Don't see the Nugs ever going for this
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:25 am
Not that any of the teams would do this trade but it makes the most sense for denver. They are losing Miller and contracts. In return they are getting a legit PF in Murphry, who is a lot better then Najahra with 4 rebs and 7 points a game and Iverson. The team that would never do it is Philly because why would they want Foyles contract unless they really wanted to trade Iverson.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:40 am
Lordsofacid wrote:Not that any of the teams would do this trade but it makes the most sense for denver. They are losing Miller and contracts. In return they are getting a legit PF in Murphry, who is a lot better then Najahra with 4 rebs and 7 points a game and Iverson. The team that would never do it is Philly because why would they want Foyles contract unless they really wanted to trade Iverson.


I don't think it makes much sense for Denver. Keep in mind they're already paying a max contract to K-Mart (a PF) and have just signed Nene (another PF/C) to a contract similar to the one Murphy has... And they would be getting Murphy and AI, who also has another max contract.

Too much money there. I even doubt that the Knicks would pay that much...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:02 pm
TMC wrote:
Lordsofacid wrote:Not that any of the teams would do this trade but it makes the most sense for denver. They are losing Miller and contracts. In return they are getting a legit PF in Murphry, who is a lot better then Najahra with 4 rebs and 7 points a game and Iverson. The team that would never do it is Philly because why would they want Foyles contract unless they really wanted to trade Iverson.


I don't think it makes much sense for Denver. Keep in mind they're already paying a max contract to K-Mart (a PF) and have just signed Nene (another PF/C) to a contract similar to the one Murphy has... And they would be getting Murphy and AI, who also has another max contract.

Too much money there. I even doubt that the Knicks would pay that much...



and the fact that AMiller is the perfect PG for them because he sets guys up well and plays some defense! With Iverson it may not work so well. The Nugs would be interested in baron if he wasn't so injuryprone
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest