IVERSON FINALLY DOES IT

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:23 am
O.G. broe wrote:No Way Baron & Monta for AI and seriously doubt Baron at all, possibly Monta, Murphy or Pietrus involved if at all :dontknow:

If AI comes to the Warriors, Baron has to go. No way they can co-exist in the same backcourt. If the Sixers don't want Baron, we would have to look for a third team to trade him.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 am
Ahhh, well fellas, saw this lil tidbit at the NY Daily News:

Warriors working to land Iverson

By MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Allen Iverson

Allen Iverson's departure from Philadelphia might be coming very soon, as Sixers GM Billy King told another Eastern Conference executive last night that he has "two deals on the table, ready to go."

One of the deals King was strongly considering is with Golden State, for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player. In addition to Iverson, the Warriors would get backup center Steven Hunter. While a source close to one of the players involved called the deal "done," the Sixers remain quiet about where they will be sending Iverson.

"It makes sense for the Sixers to make the deal with Golden State," an Eastern Conference executive said last night. "It's the situation the Pacers were in last year with Ron Artest. It's better to get those guys out of your conference, unless you're getting a blockbuster in return."

Meanwhile, the Warriors' opponents last night, the Kings, took themselves out of contention for Iverson, according to co-owner Joe Maloof. The Pacers and Celtics were regarded as the teams in the East trying hardest to get Iverson. But a league official said that his conversations with the Pacers strongly indicated that they are just about out of the running, since they don't want to part with Danny Granger or any other players King wanted.

Since announcing last week that they are trading their disgruntled superstar, the Sixers have been holding out for a deal that will get them a combination of the following: players with expiring contracts, so they can avoid paying the luxury tax next season; a good young player; and draft picks. Earlier yesterday, they reportedly rejected the Clippers' offer of Corey Maggette and Cuttino Mobley, with Mobley's deal having three more years to run at nearly $30 million.

Earlier in trade talks, Golden State had been trying to move veterans with long-term deals, including Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle. But the Sixers asked for Biedrins - a third-year player who turns 21 in April - Monta Ellis or Mickael Pietrus. If the deal with Golden State goes through, it will allow Iverson to play in Don Nelson's freewheeling offensive system. The Warriors feel that Iverson would give them a great chance to get into the playoffs for the first time since 1994.

Originally published on December 13, 2006

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/479688p-403581c.htm
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:43 am
for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player"

This would be the dumbest trade ever. God help us...
I dunk like Tolbert

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:11 am
Damn...

They're talking Baron/Biedrins/ Ike or a #1 for AI/Steven Hunter.

:agrue:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:11 am
Hey...

any word out of the papers/radio?
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:15 am
flaaron wrote:for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player"

This would be the dumbest trade ever. God help us...

My reaction if this happens:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:29 am
WestCoast O wrote:Damn...

They're talking Baron/Biedrins/ Ike or a #1 for AI/Steven Hunter.

Just wondering... but, if that trade happens, would it be the first time that the GM of the team that trades for a bonafide superstar gets booed for doing so?.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:43 am
ritchie wrote:Earlier in trade talks, Golden State had been trying to move veterans with long-term deals, including Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle. But the Sixers asked for Biedrins - a third-year player who turns 21 in April - Monta Ellis or Mickael Pietrus. If the deal with Golden State goes through, it will allow Iverson to play in Don Nelson's freewheeling offensive system. The Warriors feel that Iverson would give them a great chance to get into the playoffs for the first time since 1994.

Originally published on December 13, 2006

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/479688p-403581c.htm

NO TO BIEDRINS OR ELLIS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: - YES TO PIETRUS. I ran a BD, Pietrus and O Bryant for Iverson and Hunter throught the trade machine and it works
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:11 am
Here's the latest and greatest:

The Warriors' second-year guard, Monta Ellis, has been compared to Iverson, and Golden State seems hesitant to relinquish him. A swap for Baron Davis may make the most financial and basketball sense, but it could also hinder Ellis's backcourt development.

Executives at two N.B.A. teams with knowledge of the Sixers' interest said yesterday that the Sixers were targeting Warriors forward Troy Murphy, as well as guard Jason Richardson. Richardson has a knee injury and Murphy did not play last night because of a sore right foot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/13/sports/basketball/13iverson.html?_r=3&ref=basketball&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I'd do that trade. JRICH and MURPH for AI?

PF Diogu (if he ever comes back)
C Biedrins
G Davis
G Ellis
G Iverson

We would just run run run.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:40 am
ritchie wrote:Here's the latest and greatest:

The Warriors' second-year guard, Monta Ellis, has been compared to Iverson, and Golden State seems hesitant to relinquish him. A swap for Baron Davis may make the most financial and basketball sense, but it could also hinder Ellis's backcourt development.

Executives at two N.B.A. teams with knowledge of the Sixers' interest said yesterday that the Sixers were targeting Warriors forward Troy Murphy, as well as guard Jason Richardson. Richardson has a knee injury and Murphy did not play last night because of a sore right foot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/13/sports/basketball/13iverson.html?_r=3&ref=basketball&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I'd do that trade. JRICH and MURPH for AI?

C Biedrins
G Davis
G Ellis
G Iverson

wow....I would too...just to see BD and AI wrestle over the ball on every possession :wink: It would either be brilliant or an utter disaster...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:40 am
ritchie wrote:I'd do that trade. JRICH and MURPH for AI?

C Biedrins
G Davis
G Ellis
G Iverson

Great, three midgets playing outside... That lineup can't work on the defensive side (although, now that I think of it, we play no defense)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 pm
TMC wrote:

C Biedrins
G Davis
G Ellis
G Iverson

Great, three midgets playing outside... That lineup can't work on the defensive side (although, now that I think of it, we play no defense)

we are third in the league in points for at 106.3, and 30th in points against at 105.8. 2nd worst D? Phoenix at 105.4, which leads in points for at 111.8 - I would watch this style over Fratello-Van Gundy ball any day of the week. If there is a way for BD, AI and Monta to coexist we could add 5 points a game to our total, and the HUGE difference between BD and AI is AI is utterly clutch in the closing minutes, so those 5 losses in 5 tries of 4 points or less so far? Different story. I still think it is more likely they move BD than JRich...we shall see....

ImageImage
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:54 pm
TMC wrote:

C Biedrins
G Davis
G Ellis
G Iverson

Exactly, this team doesn't play D. This lineup can run though and can cause mismatches on the offensive side of the ball as well. I mean, it goes both ways. Sacrifice D for some O.

Regardless, this is all speculation anyway, and this could all change in the next half hour.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:12 pm
First of all if we trade BD, Who is our distributor. Mike D? I know how much you guys hate him.
Barron is averageing 9 dimes a game.
We can already score the ball. We need Defence not offence.
Besides we won last night with 6 active guys. Just think when we have a full roster full of healthy guys. Jrich will come back its just a matter of time,
and put in his potential points with the way our bench can play, we dont need AI.
We will be fine.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:15 pm
Fitz and Brooks just shot down the AI for Davis and Biedrins trade.. They said that trade was a complete joke... if the warriors do that trade, i will no longer be a fan..
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball