Typical Warriors Loss...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:43 pm
I got a fever and the only prescription is more Monta Ellis.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 am
aletha33 wrote:
jsw548 wrote:
TUIR wrote:Not to be a Nellie basher, but tonight's rotations seemed really ineffective.

Too much Keith McLeod at key times... Roberson at crunch time... Dunleavy scarcely playing.

Hindsight is 20/20 but wtf?

Once again, too much Baron ball hogging. I don't know why Nellie keeps allowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you sick? if i was playing with a bunch of scrubs I'd dominate the ball too...

this loss had EVERYTHING to do with everyone NOT named Baron...

without BD we'd be fricken 4 and 17 or some **** like that...

come up with a real reason..

I strongly disagree. If you've noticed all the games Baron had to dominate, maybe 2 or 3 of those games out of all of 'em, we lost because Baron chose to hog and not distribute as he should. Baron is no AI, this team will go no where unless he gets others involved.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:08 am
coltraning wrote:
jsw548 wrote:
coltraning wrote:well said, Sleepy. I did not see the game, but am utterly confused at how 13 dimes from BD, getting 28 points on 19 shots and not taking a shot in the last 6 minutes constitutes ballhogging :shock:

Ball hogging also includes dribbling it for most of the 24 second clock.

maybe...Nash also dribbles for much of the clock, so it depends how you are dribbling. I didn't see the game, so you may be right, he may have hurt the team, but 13 dimes does not sound that selfish.

Baron was great as usual. Not at all his fault in my opinion. By far our best player that night.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:23 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
jsw548 wrote:
TUIR wrote:Not to be a Nellie basher, but tonight's rotations seemed really ineffective.

Too much Keith McLeod at key times... Roberson at crunch time... Dunleavy scarcely playing.

Hindsight is 20/20 but wtf?

Once again, too much Baron ball hogging. I don't know why Nellie keeps allowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you sick? if i was playing with a bunch of scrubs I'd dominate the ball too...

this loss had EVERYTHING to do with everyone NOT named Baron...

without BD we'd be fricken 4 and 17 or some **** like that...

come up with a real reason..

I strongly disagree. If you've noticed all the games Baron had to dominate, maybe 2 or 3 of those games out of all of 'em, we lost because Baron chose to hog and not distribute as he should. Baron is no AI

, this team will go no where unless he gets others involved.

distribute to who?? to monta so he can turn the ball over or drive to the hole and pick up the charge? or dunleavy so he can grab the ball and look like a lost little kid at the top of the key? to murph so he can utilize his triple threat position in slow motion and get trapped and have to give up the ball to BD with 2 seconds left on the clock? to biendris who has no real post up game yet? no wait, to barnes who can join the parade of 3-point shooters on the squad, like we need another... to pietrus so if he's not able to shoot his baseline 3, we can watch him fumble and stumble as he's still finding out how to dribble?

you want to watch the definition of a ball hog, watch arenas or lebron or wade or AI...THAT's a ball hog.

thank god Baron's no AI... can't even compare the two...

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 pm
aletha33 wrote:distribute to who?? to monta so he can turn the ball over or drive to the hole and pick up the charge? or dunleavy so he can grab the ball and look like a lost little kid at the top of the key? to murph so he can utilize his triple threat position in slow motion and get trapped and have to give up the ball to BD with 2 seconds left on the clock? to biendris who has no real post up game yet? no wait, to barnes who can join the parade of 3-point shooters on the squad, like we need another... to pietrus so if he's not able to shoot his baseline 3, we can watch him fumble and stumble as he's still finding out how to dribble?

you want to watch the definition of a ball hog, watch arenas or lebron or wade or AI...THAT's a ball hog.

thank god Baron's no AI... can't even compare the two...

Don't you dare insult Monta Ellis like that! He is God!

Baron has been very effective by passing off to Biedrins all year, I don't know if you see that. You must be doing something right if you have a 63% field goal percent.

But I don't really see Dunleavy or Murphy producing a lot this year, which is disappointing.

Baron Davis could still pass it off to Pietrus in the corner where he hangs out, he's pretty good from that spot, since it's the only place he shoots.

Also, Baron Davis is not much of a ball hog, he usually takes good shots and distributes nicely, it's only at key times when the Warriors need points, that he might try to step up and force bad shots, which I don't like to see, but what he's done to the team a lot of the time has added very positive results.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball