thinkin about '07-08

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:44 pm
so im down with the whole AI sweepstakes, but only in 1 condition. i would rather have a third team or even a fourth involved in the mix, so we can get rid of multiple crappy contracts...

....even better would be to have a fire sale and put our efforts on gettin oden and a guy like billups or rashard lewis in the offseason...im tired of this same team, same playoff drought... its a group of talented guys but there no chemestry.......its been too long, get rid of them all...and put our efforts in a new crop of players....only guys i want coming back are monta, biedren, and j-rich, and other bench players that are cheap and talanted.

team for 2007 ( a good fit for the ageless nelly)

pg: Billups, Anthony Roberson
sg: Monta, Barnes
sf: J-rich, (1st Rounder)
pf: Lewis, Dioku
c: Biedren, Darko

Now it doesnt seem like its that special of a team, but i see depth, determine players and a great point guard leading the way...any thoughts
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:11 pm
Eh... Billups is getting older, but I'd love to have Shard. He's a reliable permiter threat and is a great scorer and decent rebounder. Baron is younger than Billups and I'd rather keep him now, but Shard is a good idea.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:so im down with the whole AI sweepstakes, but only in 1 condition. i would rather have a third team or even a fourth involved in the mix, so we can get rid of multiple crappy contracts...

....even better would be to have a fire sale and put our efforts on gettin oden and a guy like billups or rashard lewis in the offseason...im tired of this same team, same playoff drought... its a group of talented guys but there no chemestry.......its been too long, get rid of them all...and put our efforts in a new crop of players....only guys i want coming back are monta, biedren, and j-rich, and other bench players that are cheap and talanted.

Now it doesnt seem like its that special of a team, but i see depth, determine players and a great point guard leading the way...any thoughts

errr..... that's basically an allstar team. We aren't an allstar team. that tells me that we couldn't trade for this.
ImageImage

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:53 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:so im down with the whole AI sweepstakes, but only in 1 condition. i would rather have a third team or even a fourth involved in the mix, so we can get rid of multiple crappy contracts...

errr..... that's basically an allstar team. We aren't an allstar team. that tells me that we couldn't trade for this.

no, billups and lewis, and darko are all free agent aquisitions after this year....honestly, this team has little hope already for this year, trade all are guys for less talented players who got 1 year left on the contract and start fresh, while keeping a few players and backups...thats gettin rid of baron, dunleavy, murphy and foyle....and peitrius can be the bait cuz lots of teams are intrigued of this guy.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:20 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

no, billups and lewis, and darko are all free agent aquisitions after this year....honestly, this team has little hope already for this year, trade all are guys for less talented players who got 1 year left on the contract and start fresh, while keeping a few players and backups...thats gettin rid of baron, dunleavy, murphy and foyle....and peitrius can be the bait cuz lots of teams are intrigued of this guy.

A) we ain't gonna get the cap room
B) Expirers don't grow on trees.

No team would trade a valuable expirer for dunleavy or foyle. They wouldn't even trade todd macullogh for dunleavy.

Murph could be traded but that's not enough.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:11 am
Well all I can say about this season is that if the Warriors do not get it done this year, expect Nelson to make some moves himself.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:only guys i want coming back are monta, biedren, and j-rich, and other bench players that are cheap and talanted.

:D I totally agree with you! Keep those three guys and everyone else is expendable.

J-RICH NEEDS TO STAY A WARRIOR!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:46 pm
dont forget about diogu, the guy can still be the next elton brand.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:58 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:dont forget about diogu, the guy can still be the next elton brand.

he can but he doesn't really fit into our system and is enticing trade bait. sometimes you have to give something to get something in return
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:42 pm
Keep Diogu? The reason? He is a low post block player who doesn't rely on perimeter shots. When we are on shooting slumps (I'm sure you have all noticed these) it helps BIG TIME to be able to just get points by dumping the ball into the block. Monta Ellis is more expendable since we already have a scorer in J-Rich and a PG in Baron.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:31 am
THE DIOGU will prove you all wrong once he has the minutes. Remember what he did last year in Detroit (in the only game in which he was given a real chance to shine).

I still think that Biedrins and him are the perfect inside game to build around. Add Monta and J-Rich (and, the way he's playing, Matt Barnes), and those should be the building blocks of the team.

(I know I'm not counting Baron, but he'll probably have to go if we're going to re-sign all the young guys. Maybe not this season, but he'll have to go at some point).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:46 pm
Im tired of people refering to the Detroit Game LAST YEAR.
That was his one good game, not great. Its like saying Matt Barnes is the Next JRich for his 32 point game last night. Guys have good games from time to time. Ike had alot of chances last year, he started at C for qoite a few of them and played weel in most but he is not and may never be an Elton Brand type guy. Dont get me wrong I like Ike but lay off the one game he shined in last year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:13 pm
zshook wrote:Im tired of people refering to the Detroit Game LAST YEAR.
That was his one good game, not great. Its like saying Matt Barnes is the Next JRich for his 32 point game last night. Guys have good games from time to time. Ike had alot of chances last year, he started at C for qoite a few of them and played weel in most but he is not and may never be an Elton Brand type guy. Dont get me wrong I like Ike but lay off the one game he shined in last year.

Image <----- zshook

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Just ain't going to happen mate! :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball