Why Troy Murphy sucks now

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 am
Em... ritchie, have you ever heard of the cheerleaders thread or the private forum... because you could help a great deal there... :wink:

(btw, it has taken me 15 minutes to write this... 14:55 devoted to ritchie's new avatar...)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 am
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:seriously BD haters...like the dude says, place the blame on where it deserves to be placed...

ill keep the list short by naming those who shouldn't be blamed...

1) BD

the end...

I'll add Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus,Barnes and a healthy Ike to the list of the blameless



hmm...poooosibly..

Agree with the dude about Barnes...he's come up big a couple of times...but i've seen him make his share of mistakes and trying to do things he's not capable of.

monta...he's a tough one...maybe I just expect alot out of him based on his early season performance...i think alot of it is is that he was playing out of this world...but now that he's leveled off a bit and teams know him, his weaknesses are being exposed. he's still got a ways to go...but i dam i like his future..

pietrus, blaaah...if that fool would just stay out of foul trouble...he can contribute in many areas besides scoring...you hear that pietrus?! YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE IN MANY AREAS WITHOUT SCORING.

ike?? he doesn't really qualify for this posting since he's been gone for so long...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:31 pm
TMC wrote:Em... ritchie, have you ever heard of the cheerleaders thread or the private forum... because you could help a great deal there... :wink:

(btw, it has taken me 15 minutes to write this... 14:55 devoted to ritchie's new avatar...)

I agree, I think that it kind of slows down every thread he posts in
ImageImage
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:05 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:Em... ritchie, have you ever heard of the cheerleaders thread or the private forum... because you could help a great deal there... :wink:

(btw, it has taken me 15 minutes to write this... 14:55 devoted to ritchie's new avatar...)

I agree, I think that it kind of slows down every thread he posts in


My bad fellas. Maybe I should change my avatar?
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:14 pm
ritchie wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:Em... ritchie, have you ever heard of the cheerleaders thread or the private forum... because you could help a great deal there... :wink:

(btw, it has taken me 15 minutes to write this... 14:55 devoted to ritchie's new avatar...)

I agree, I think that it kind of slows down every thread he posts in


My bad fellas. Maybe I should change my avatar?

if you are not going to change it, at least let it run just a little longer - or slo-mo :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 am
Well hey, at least it gives us a good reason to not talk about Murphy.

The problem I have with Murph is his all around game. He's a mere stand still shooter. He does not do much but sink the open jumper or hit the jumper when he is one-on-one. Other than that, he's soft as hell on the boards. He is one reason why we get outrebounded on the offensive boards. I'm just not a fan of Murph and I think it's time we ship away before it's too late.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:27 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well hey, at least it gives us a good reason to not talk about Murphy.

The problem I have with Murph is his all around game. He's a mere stand still shooter. He does not do much but sink the open jumper or hit the jumper when he is one-on-one. Other than that, he's soft as hell on the boards. He is one reason why we get outrebounded on the offensive boards. I'm just not a fan of Murph and I think it's time we ship away before it's too late.


Pray, bro. More people sees the light with each day... :thumbleft:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:25 am
Based on my high tech statistical analysis, Murphy is by far our worst player and his absence has given us a better record than when he is on the court. Unfortunately, the rest of the league has gotten wise, so we can only move him for an disgruntled and underacheiving player and given up on a young player. If Mullin is the GM and has the ultimate power, his favorites are Biedrins (who he scouted), Ellis and Diogu (who hasn't done much to impress Nellie). If Maguette is available at years end, and Senior is still the Clipper coach ... it is very likely Jr and his bad contract will become a Clipper. The Nellie philosophy is that the best defense is a good offense which includes solid rebounding, driving to the basket unless you have an open jump shot created by dribble penetration, and getting back on quick zone defense after a made basket which don't suit a player like Murphy. Finally, the new hand check rules, the number of Euros/big that shoot threes, and the increase of pick and rolls as the main half court offense makes a slow footed Murphy a train wreck for the high flying Warriors. Our perimeter is much more solid with a quicker Barnes/Pietrus playing the 3 or 4 and junior filling in .

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:36 am
dareedle wrote:Based on my high tech statistical analysis, Murphy is by far our worst player and his absence has given us a better record than when he is on the court. Unfortunately, the rest of the league has gotten wise, so we can only move him for an disgruntled and underacheiving player and given up on a young player. If Mullin is the GM and has the ultimate power, his favorites are Biedrins (who he scouted), Ellis and Diogu (who hasn't done much to impress Nellie). If Maguette is available at years end, and Senior is still the Clipper coach ... it is very likely Jr and his bad contract will become a Clipper. The Nellie philosophy is that the best defense is a good offense which includes solid rebounding, driving to the basket unless you have an open jump shot created by dribble penetration, and getting back on quick zone defense after a made basket which don't suit a player like Murphy. Finally, the new hand check rules, the number of Euros/big that shoot threes, and the increase of pick and rolls as the main half court offense makes a slow footed Murphy a train wreck for the high flying Warriors. Our perimeter is much more solid with a quicker Barnes/Pietrus playing the 3 or 4 and junior filling in .


Excellent analysis. I am not a Murphy apologist; however, when combined in tandem with a low block player (Biedrens/Ike), Murphy is more than adequate to play the high post and the wing. His defense (or lack of) and his big contract are both big problems, however. He also may be difficult to move because of his propensity to not want to play in the paint. Murphy would play well with a Shaq or a Yao, but I highly doubt that either Miami or Houston would provide anything that the Warriors would want for Murphy.

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 am
dareedle wrote:... makes a slow footed Murphy a train wreck for the high flying Warriors .


Said it before; it looks like the mafia put some cement shoes on him and forgot to throw him into the river. Seems slower to me this year than prior, but maybe that's cause the Ws are playing faster overall.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:24 am
ritchie wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:Em... ritchie, have you ever heard of the cheerleaders thread or the private forum... because you could help a great deal there... :wink:

(btw, it has taken me 15 minutes to write this... 14:55 devoted to ritchie's new avatar...)

I agree, I think that it kind of slows down every thread he posts in


My bad fellas. Maybe I should change my avatar?




Definately a great posterior :)
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:26 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well hey, at least it gives us a good reason to not talk about Murphy.

The problem I have with Murph is his all around game. He's a mere stand still shooter. He does not do much but sink the open jumper or hit the jumper when he is one-on-one. Other than that, he's soft as hell on the boards. He is one reason why we get outrebounded on the offensive boards. I'm just not a fan of Murph and I think it's time we ship away before it's too late.



I think it is now too late to get anything decent for him alone! He has to be shipped with someone decent
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:32 am
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:seriously BD haters...like the dude says, place the blame on where it deserves to be placed...

ill keep the list short by naming those who shouldn't be blamed...

1) BD

the end...

I'll add Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus,Barnes and a healthy Ike to the list of the blameless



I would just tell Baron to not throw so many shots :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:23 pm
Have noticed that the longer Dioguis away the better he is? You guys act as if this guy is the big man saviour of the team. i fyou are realistic you realize that he is an undersized 4 with good basketball knowledge and skills that can help a good team. He is not a good defender or shot blocker. He is a fair offensive rebounder and a bad defensive rebounder.

What gets me is that he is no hurry to get back. His comments in the paper the other day was sad. He said he didn't want to come back until he got back into shape. Most players like to play themselves back into shape. He should have said somehting like " I can only give you a few minutes at this time but I will give my all to help the team win."

Remember his injury was suppose to be an ankle sprain. have youever heard of an 11 week ankle sprain? he could have grown another leg by now. I'm starting to wonder about his heart. Does he really want to play or just get paid?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:What gets me is that he is no hurry to get back. His comments in the paper the other day was sad. He said he didn't want to come back until he got back into shape. Most players like to play themselves back into shape. He should have said somehting like " I can only give you a few minutes at this time but I will give my all to help the team win."


Keep in mind that he has seen what rushing back into games has done for J-Rich this season. I guess his comments were related to that, in a "I'll be back when I'm ready to be back" way. I wouldn't read too much into that.

It's true that it's been too long for just a sprain, tho...
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron