Looks like AI is definately gonna be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:26 pm
TMC wrote:That's true, but the risk was always once he gets over the 30 years limit. Nobody breaks down at 28. This is the time to care about that. If we could be sure he'd still play til 34, that'd be great, as that's when his contract ends.

Agree about BD, tho. I can't see them playing well together... although probably Philly wouldn't go for that deal. They're supposedly looking for young guys and expirers.

Hey, we got young guys. Take Mike Dunleavy, for example. He's young. PLEASE take Mike Dunleavy. (obligatory)

And I agree: Iverson's more likely to break down every year. But some players are just tough and hang around. I think he's one of these. I can see him playing at a high level until he's in his late 30's, honestly. He'd have to change his game but I think he's capable of it.

We'll see. I think he's going to the Celtics anyhow but I'm praying for the Wolves. I'd like to see two of the feircest yet abandoned competitors have a few good stabs at it together.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:51 pm
Sac pulls out of A.I. sweepstakes :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:15 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Sac pulls out of A.I. sweepstakes :!:

That's big, because they were one of the frontrunners...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am
Well hey, you never know. They did it with Artest last year and they could do it again.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:35 am
it's so sad to see anyone go :(.

but i'd have to see BD, Pietrus, Murphy. its pretty late and i can't get to sleep so i wish i could provide an explanation.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Unfortunately, the Warriors are a possible team to trade for Iverson because of the three bad contracts and young, performing players. Not unforseeable to see Monta and Murphy for Iverson or something similar. Doesn't make sense from a personnel standpoint but getting rid of some bad contracts along with a great young player works.

I really hope Mullin doesn't trade for iverson but it is very possible

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:10 pm
Would you guys trade:

Murphy, Foyle, and Ellis for Allen Iverson

Honestly, Murphy has been playing like **** lately and the emergence of Andris Biedrins is killing Foyles and Murphys playing time with the starting lineup looking like : Davis, Richardson, Ellis, Pietrus, Biedrins. Everynight

So we get rid of two players that are dramatically falling and give them a prospect thats developing (ellis) and then the lineup would be. Davis, Iverson, Richardson, Pietrus, Biedrins.

i dont know.

another tradable probable would be, Davis, Zarko, and Biedrins for Iverson
New. Stuff.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:19 pm
BT wrote:Would you guys trade:

Honestly, Murphy has been playing like **** lately and the emergence of Andris Biedrins is killing Foyles and Murphys playing time with the starting lineup looking like : Davis, Richardson, Ellis, Pietrus, Biedrins. Everynight

So we get rid of two players that are dramatically falling and give them a prospect thats developing (ellis) and then the lineup would be. Davis, Iverson, Richardson, Pietrus, Biedrins.

i dont know.

sadly, the top trade would definately be rejected...too much money, not enough talent...and i wouldnt want ellis gone...the second one, would be more realistic..but i still wouldnt do it cuz biedren is very young too, not even 21 yet...like i said earlier, ellis and biedren should be in the no touch list when it comes to tradable players.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:30 pm
Actually you never know.

But, they might not bite on the Foyle line, but a prospect of Murphy and Ellis is nice. Murphy could grab 14/10 and would be a great backup to Webber or play the 5 spot while Webber the 4 and Ellis is a smaller version of Iverson. They'll bite on the potential of Ellis, the assurance of a big man with range and rebounding skills (Murphy), and a big black man that could block shots. because supposedly in some team's eyes, Foyle is a great prospect.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:52 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:

i dont know.

sadly, the top trade would definately be rejected...too much money, not enough talent...and i wouldnt want ellis gone...the second one, would be more realistic..but i still wouldnt do it cuz biedren is very young too, not even 21 yet...like i said earlier, ellis and biedren should be in the no touch list when it comes to tradable players.

The sixers might go for the Ellis, Murphy and Foyle trade but I want to keep Monta, plain and simple. Monta has so much potential and is already playing well.

No to Iverson though. He is great but we have enough of a core here to break it up

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:34 am

Um... if AI is willing and motivated to play for the Warriors, I'd say (reluctantly) yes.

Losing Monta would hurt... but may be the only way to get rid of those contracts. That would allow us to re-sign Biedrins... and, in three years, we would have cap space, as both AI and Baron would finish their contracts. We would free $40 millions by that time (that is, if we don't trade one of them by then). Financially would be an extremely benefitial trade.

I don't want to lose Monta, so that would be the only option. I'd trade any other trade before that one... but I'd go for it if there's no other option.
Previous

Return to Trades