Mullin might just be looking to get Iverson

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:46 am
TMC wrote:
System Error wrote:by the way , a lil off topic, but its good to see the board flourishing. I was here from pretty much the beginning but deployment and other things have kept me away. Nice job Hobbes and the newly appointed mods.

Thanks, System Error. I wasn't a member when you started posting, and now, as your pointed, the board has more members, more sections... It takes more work (for Hobbes, who is the one who should get all the props. We're just along for the ride). It's great to see the site improving.

btw, nice avatar (and sig, but the avatar caught my eye pretty fast :mrgreen: )

thank you thank you, I'm just a nice sweet innocent catholic boy. I just figured those nice people could use some help getting un-stuck.

And yea i go way back..used to hit golf balls through Hobbes windows when he lived by the Elks Club golf course

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:31 am
iverson , dalembert, and carney, for baron and j-rich, maybe p.o.b. or a pick.

iverson
ellis
carney
biedrins
dalembert

dunleavy, murphy, and diogu coming off the bench.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:38 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:iverson , dalembert, and carney, for baron and j-rich, maybe p.o.b. or a pick.

iverson
ellis
carney
biedrins
dalembert

dunleavy, murphy, and diogu coming off the bench.

are you crazy? ive seen some bad mentions, but this is by far one of the worst...why give two under 30 guards for one over 31 (not to mention his play is based on his speed and quickness) and an inconsistant center (who we clearly dont need). your making the 76ers better off and ours actually worse.....philly having baron, j-rich, other AI, webber,...that right there is a decent team.... not to mention AI's salary will not enable for any free agent aquisions after this season.....to many no's.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 am
well the rumor mill has the warriors sending baron and 2 young players for iverson, and another has jason richardson and foyle for iverson. obviously i'd go for the latter because i dont want to give up on our young talent.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:00 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well the rumor mill has the warriors sending baron and 2 young players for iverson, and another has jason richardson and foyle for iverson. obviously i'd go for the latter because i dont want to give up on our young talent.

It depends. If the two young players are POB and Cabarkalasjfasajgfapabitch, I'd love that trade. :wink:

I just don't want to lose Ellis for a 31 years old AI. It would be different if he were 3 years younger.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:00 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well the rumor mill has the warriors sending baron and 2 young players for iverson

This will work for me. Any word on when Iverson is going to be dealt? Word was that the Sixers wanted it done by today. Has anyone else heard anything on a timeline?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:09 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Any word on when Iverson is going to be dealt? Word was that the Sixers wanted it done by today. Has anyone else heard anything on a timeline?

The Sixers, apparently, had a deal with Charlotte, but AI rejected that trade. It may take a while, as it requires a trade that satisfies the three sides. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up lingering in a similar way as the Artest trade did.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:35 am
i think something will get done by tomorrow evening at the latest..

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:19 pm
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well the rumor mill has the warriors sending baron and 2 young players for iverson, and another has jason richardson and foyle for iverson. obviously i'd go for the latter because i dont want to give up on our young talent.

It depends. If the two young players are POB and Cabarkalasjfasajgfapabitch, I'd love that trade. :wink:

I just don't want to lose Ellis for a 31 years old AI. It would be different if he were 3 years younger.

Wouldn't keep your hopes up, I doubt CABARKAPA is on anyone's want list.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:23 pm
I would never forgive mullin if he trade monta. I know hes still rough around the edges but in a few years i have no doubt he will be extremely good. The team should build around him, AB, J-rich- and baron. Mullin will regret it if he trades him because he has a chance to become great.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 pm
The Warriors and Kings are reported to be among the Western Conference teams bidding for Iverson, along with Boston, Indiana and Orlando in the East. Any potential deal involving Golden State likely would include Jason Richardson or Monta Ellis, unless the Warriors offered to swap point guards (Baron Davis).

Asked if he was happy with his backcourt, Mullin said he would "be happy when I get all the pieces in the backcourt back."

Mullin spent $173 million to lock in Richardson, Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy -- players he has repeatedly referred to as the Warriors' core -- but the unit has lost some luster in the wake of various injuries and inconsistent play.

Richardson has been temporarily shelved as he recovers from various knee ailments, while Murphy has often found himself on the bench during the end of games. That's left Dunleavy as the only Warrior to be available for every game this season.

Though Davis said Monday that the veterans needed to step up to ease the pressure being put on the Warriors' younger players like Ellis and Andris Biedrins, Mullin took a softer stance given the circumstances.

"I think they're doing well," he said when asked specifically about Dunleavy and Murphy. "Again, when you do pull one or two guys out, roles change. There is a direct effect on the team ...

"Two main guys that we expected to be in that rotation have not been there," he said, referring to Richardson and Ike Diogu. "Again, that's had an influence on trying to figure out the best solution for that game, for that play, for that last five (minutes), or whatever it may be."
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... MTUF11.DTL

im all for the BD trade but if you trade away J-RICH and MONTA your a dumb a** mother F**KER that all i have to say
This is the year
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 pm
i posted this on another post....

from rotoworld.com

Iverson to the Warriors?

The New York Daily News is reporting that a three-team deal involving the Bulls and Warriors may be a possibility for a trade of Allen Iverson.
The Warriors would possibly send power forward Troy Murphy or point guard Baron Davis to Chicago as part of a package of players, while the Sixers would get Ben Gordon. The Bulls reportedly don't want Iverson as they fear he and Scott Skiles would clash, which makes sense. Other Bulls mentioned going to Philly in a potential deal have been P.J. Brown and ex-Knick Michael Sweetney, each in the final year of his contract. Interestingly, Troy Murphy is not playing for the Warriors on Tuesday night, giving this rumor some extra intrigue. Dec. 12 - 11:18 pm et
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:33 pm
d1mex wrote:The Warriors would possibly send power forward Troy Murphy or point guard Baron Davis to Chicago as part of a package of players

Or? Hmmm...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am
This AI news is starting to heat up. A bunch of freshmen at my school are all hyped up with the possibilty of AI coming to the bay area. So can't wait to see how this pans out.

Anyway, the possible Warriors who would depart if AI comes to Oakland would be...

Jrich, Baron, Monta, Murphy, POB, and Ike. Pietrus is a possibilty but I doubt it would happen. I'd think if he doesn't get traded that would signal the resigning of Mickael during the offseason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 am
d1mex wrote:The Warriors would possibly send power forward Troy Murphy or point guard Baron Davis to Chicago as part of a package of players, while the Sixers would get Ben Gordon.

Sounds extremely dumb. So the Bulls would trade for two players they don't need to... help us. Right. Sure.

btw, this trade needs $15 millions more going in Philly's way to work.

d1mex wrote:The Bulls reportedly don't want Iverson as they fear he and Scott Skiles would clash, which makes sense.

And Baron and Skiles wouldn't clash?.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades