Why Troy Murphy sucks now

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 am
Dung-leavy. Thats right i blame the decline in Troy Muprhy's career on little mikey Dungpile. As soon as these guys become "buddies" dungpiles suckiness started rubbing off on Troy Murphy, now murphy brings the same crappy dungleavy attitude with him to every game.

Nothing is ever their fault. Its always the coaches fault, its Barons fault, its the style of plays fault, its the fans fault, its the "expectations" fault and on and on. They dont practice to get better, since nothing is ever their fault why should they practice the things they need to improve on?

We used to have one sissy boy on the team and now we got two, and im kinda thinking it has rubbed off on Foyle too, but im not sure how close Foyle and Dung are.

So on top of not playing Dung in the last 3 minutes of any game, i also say dung is not allowed to hang out or associate with Monta Ellis, Biedrins, Pietrus or any Warrior with talent. The dunginess is spreading and i think mullin has it too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:45 am
Could be a possible reason :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:55 am
So... it works like a virus, then? :scratch:

Maybe we should start destroying the poisonous cells. Would that stop it from spreading? :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:31 am
very creative. lol. :D
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:06 am
seriously BD haters...like the dude says, place the blame on where it deserves to be placed...

ill keep the list short by naming those who shouldn't be blamed...

1) BD

the end...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 am
Murphy is bad now because he's never been able to get anything but garbage rebounds and now AB is getting all the rebounds. And Enough people are scoring we don't need his scoring
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:22 pm
It isn't that Murphy sucks, it's just that he is not effective on the block or in the paint. That being said, he is more than adequate as a high post player and as a perimeter playing big man. Combine Murphy with either Biedrens or Ike, and the team has a nice high-low combination. If you combine Murphy with Dunleavy at the 5 and 4 positions, then you have some problems (read: no inside presence).

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:26 pm
The issue of Dunleavy; however, is quite a different matter.

Where does he play?

I can only see him playing power forward with Biedrens, who provides a nice inside presence.

I cannot see Dunleavy playing small forward; he is too slow and unathletic to play there.

Let's face it; Mullin should have gotten canned for letting Jameson go and signing Dunleavy to the long term deal.

Who in the NBA would want Dunleavy on their team?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Murphy's a slacker!

Have you ever seen Murphy sweat? Have you ever seen him huffing and puffing running up and down the court? NO! Murphy does not try his hardest on the floor. He's got some good skills, like Dunleavy, but skills don't mean dick if you don't try hard!

I'm not one to judge passion, but I cannot see any passion for the game of basketball in Dunleavy or Murphy. Fuckin' slackers! If they would just play their hardest on the court every night (i.e. Jason Richardson) then they would be better players than they are now.

STEP IT UP MURPHY!!! STEP IT UP DUNLEAVY!!! THE TEAM NEEDS YOU GUYS AND YOU'RE BOTH FUCKIN' SLACKING!!! TRY HARD FOR ONCE!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:50 pm
Murphy's game hasn't improved much. In fact, it's leveled off. This guy is better off on a team with an established low post big man so he can live outside. He's a classic example of decent stats, but really no substance to his game. Seriously, a 6'11 guy who shoots less than 45% from the field? YIKES!!!

I think some of us were disillusioned to what he was doing earlier in his career. I always thought he was a stiff at Notre Dame and while he is a good ROLE player, he doesn't belong on this team as the main 4.

If we had a dominant low post player and Murph lived outside, he would be viewed a bit better, but we all know we don't have that person anyway.

Also, I think him "sucking now" has something to do with his haircut.
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 pm
Nice sig...

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:52 pm
Good lord look at that ASS
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:07 pm
aletha33 wrote:seriously BD haters...like the dude says, place the blame on where it deserves to be placed...

ill keep the list short by naming those who shouldn't be blamed...

1) BD

the end...

I'll add Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus,Barnes and a healthy Ike to the list of the blameless
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:24 pm
I dunno... Barnes has made some not-so-great plays down the stretch... (even though the 3-pt play against Seattle was good). The boched rebound in Milwaukee comes to mind...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:25 am
ritchie, so how are we supposed to focus on the serious issues of this forum when you keep distracting us like that :D
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball