Typical Warriors Loss...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am
Location: SOCAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:24 pm
I swear its the same thing every year:

Storm out of the gates, fizzle out, and score less points in the entire second half than the team did in the 1st qtr. alone.

Weak loss, WEAK!
This season is not a flop.

Rookie
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:38 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:36 pm
Not to be a Nellie basher, but tonight's rotations seemed really ineffective.

Too much Keith McLeod at key times... Roberson at crunch time... Dunleavy scarcely playing.

Hindsight is 20/20 but wtf?

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:24 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm
TUIR wrote:Not to be a Nellie basher, but tonight's rotations seemed really ineffective.

Too much Keith McLeod at key times... Roberson at crunch time... Dunleavy scarcely playing.

Hindsight is 20/20 but wtf?


Once again, too much Baron ball hogging. I don't know why Nellie keeps allowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm
Do you smell what the Rock is Cooking? Lottery pick again baby!!!

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:45 pm
The loss was typical because the Warriors played their typical no defense game. Let's face it. The Warriors are badly coached and do not have enoughquality athletes. First, let's talk about Nelly.

What has he ever won? He got 1200 wins by being in the league forever. How many losses do he have? He has never won a championship, even when he had good teams. He's a quitter, he quit on the Warriors after he chased our star out of town (Webber). He quit on the Knicks and he quit on Dallas. I gurantee you he will quit on the Warriors again.

Dunleavy. I am tired of this pathetic little twirp. Did you see his "great handles" on display tonight? He is probably the biggest reason why the game turned around on the Warriors. Are there still any Dunleavy fans out there?

Troy Murphy is not athletic enough to be an NBA starter. has anyone notice that he's not grabbing vey many rebounds? His rebpund numbers were inflated the last couple of years because he had no competiton on the Warriors. Now he has Pietrus and Biedrins beating him to the ball, also Barnes.

We miss J. Rich badly, He is the true go-to guy on the team. Without him we have no chance.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:17 pm
They just did not come out with any energy to match Seattle's in the second half. The bench had a horrible shooting night, not much contribution from them. Nelson did have some weird lineups, but I was too busy watching the Saints kill the Cowboys so I didn't see much of this game. So all I know is that the Warriors collapsed and never recovered. It was just a matter of not being able to close out games, and it's nothing new. This problem does not sit on Nelly's coaching, this problem sits on the Warriors. It has dated back since Baron's arrival here in the bay area. They just don't finish games. I promise you, if we won at least more than 75% of the games that we had in control, then the word "playoffs" could be used in the bay area for NBA basketball.

Role Player
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: san francisco
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:49 pm
We are never as bad, or as good, as the fans on this site seem to believe. After each game we win we are making the playoffs, after each one we lose, we suck and will be back in the draft. The NBA season is a long one, and I hope that we can finish above .500, it may not be enough to make the playoffs, but it will mean we are improving - it won't happen overnight, too young a team.
As for Don Nelson - he deserves much more respect for getting 1200 wins. It isn't just about longevity. He's good for this team, and wins against Utah and Spurs are evidence. Baron may seem like he's ball hogging because other guys didn't step up tonight. For a point guard to have 13 assists while taking 19 shots isn't the definition of a ball hog. Monte, Biedrins and Barnes are reading too much of their press and didn't bring it in the second half. Dun and Troy were on the bench alot in the second half - so don't blame the usual scapegoats.

I agree with nellie that until we see the team at full strength its really hard to say how good we are. It's a long season folks. Hang in there.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:32 am
well said, Sleepy. I did not see the game, but am utterly confused at how 13 dimes from BD, getting 28 points on 19 shots and not taking a shot in the last 6 minutes constitutes ballhogging :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:41 am
On to the next game.

I sense Mullin looking to trade baron for Iverson
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:28 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
Dunleavy. I am tired of this pathetic little twirp. Did you see his "great handles" on display tonight? He is probably the biggest reason why the game turned around on the Warriors. Are there still any Dunleavy fans out there?



I wasnt able to see the game tonight but this explains it all.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:52 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Dunleavy. I am tired of this pathetic little twirp. Did you see his "great handles" on display tonight? He is probably the biggest reason why the game turned around on the Warriors. Are there still any Dunleavy fans out there?


Pawno, where are you?. Reggie is ripping your son... are you going to let him do it? :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:11 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:We are never as bad, or as good, as the fans on this site seem to believe. After each game we win we are making the playoffs, after each one we lose, we suck and will be back in the draft. The NBA season is a long one, and I hope that we can finish above .500, it may not be enough to make the playoffs, but it will mean we are improving - it won't happen overnight, too young a team.
As for Don Nelson - he deserves much more respect for getting 1200 wins. It isn't just about longevity. He's good for this team, and wins against Utah and Spurs are evidence. Baron may seem like he's ball hogging because other guys didn't step up tonight. For a point guard to have 13 assists while taking 19 shots isn't the definition of a ball hog. Monte, Biedrins and Barnes are reading too much of their press and didn't bring it in the second half. Dun and Troy were on the bench alot in the second half - so don't blame the usual scapegoats.

Sleepy, I think you have been sleeping a little bit to long my friend. The season is one quarter over and the Warriors look like the same old Warriors. You know, every time I hear someone say "wait until we are at full strength" I laugh. Is any pro team ever at full strenghth? Any team is only as good its weakest link. You have to be able to play through injuries. The moon and the stars are never in perfect alighnment.

IT IS GETTING LATE, QUICKLY. Every year we make excuses like they are young, they are injured, they have bad coaching. How about, they do not have very good players?

I agree with nellie that until we see the team at full strength its really hard to say how good we are. It's a long season folks. Hang in there.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:24 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:36 am
coltraning wrote:well said, Sleepy. I did not see the game, but am utterly confused at how 13 dimes from BD, getting 28 points on 19 shots and not taking a shot in the last 6 minutes constitutes ballhogging :shock:


Ball hogging also includes dribbling it for most of the 24 second clock.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am
jsw548 wrote:
TUIR wrote:Not to be a Nellie basher, but tonight's rotations seemed really ineffective.

Too much Keith McLeod at key times... Roberson at crunch time... Dunleavy scarcely playing.

Hindsight is 20/20 but wtf?


Once again, too much Baron ball hogging. I don't know why Nellie keeps allowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


are you sick? if i was playing with a bunch of scrubs I'd dominate the ball too...

this loss had EVERYTHING to do with everyone NOT named Baron...

without BD we'd be fricken 4 and 17 or some **** like that...

come up with a real reason..
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:46 am
jsw548 wrote:
coltraning wrote:well said, Sleepy. I did not see the game, but am utterly confused at how 13 dimes from BD, getting 28 points on 19 shots and not taking a shot in the last 6 minutes constitutes ballhogging :shock:


Ball hogging also includes dribbling it for most of the 24 second clock.

maybe...Nash also dribbles for much of the clock, so it depends how you are dribbling. I didn't see the game, so you may be right, he may have hurt the team, but 13 dimes does not sound that selfish.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests