Mullin might just be looking to get Iverson

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:50 am
I reckon that Mullin is seriously looking to get Iverson and right now, the sixers don't hold that much leverage.

Posible trade that I'm just predicting could happen:

Baron, Pietrus and future 1st rounder for Iverson and Carney

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:51 am
Only way id trade Baron, JRich, Monta or anybody of value on the Warriors is if the Sixers take one of the Stooges. If they dont I dont see AI winning with Dung-leavy and Dung-Murphy as prominent players.

AI can win pretty much by himself but supporting cast HAS to know how to play defense and HAS to know how to hit the open shot. Dung-leavy and Dung-Murph dont know how to do either.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:02 am
Dun and Murphy won't be getting as much court time with JRich at SF and Diogu at PF, which will happen because that is the best lineup.

I don't want Iverson, though baron is looking similar to him just not quite as good, but the trade I proposed might be what Mullin has in mind or something similar. He definately is thinking about getting Iverson

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:01 am
migya wrote:I reckon that Mullin is seriously looking to get Iverson and right now, the sixers don't hold that much leverage.

Posible trade that I'm just predicting could happen:

Baron, Pietrus and future 1st rounder for Iverson and Carney

I don't think Philly will trade Carney. That trade can happen (if we trade for AI, Baron should be our "meat" of the trade), but probably would be for AI and Ollie or Shavlick Randolph or some other scrub, not Carney.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:02 am
migya wrote: He definately is thinking about getting Iverson

anythin to base that on?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:04 am
According to hoopshype the Sixers would love to get Monta Ellis and either Dun Troy or Richardson would be included in the deal...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:11 am
J-Rich wrote:According to hoopshype the Sixers would love to get Monta Ellis and either Dun Troy or Richardson would be included in the deal...

That would be a pretty stupid trade on our side. AI is great... but 31. Giving up Monta would be yet another dumb move for the Warriors. Which means... I'm scared.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:33 pm
there is no way im giving our young promising players away for a 31 year old. i'd love to get iverson, but i'd be more willing to move baron, as well as a pietrus or dunleavy or murphy. i believe that would be more than fair in my opinion.

the only young player i'd part with would be P.O.B, why because i believe biedrins is our guy at C.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:47 pm
Eww, not Iverson! He's ballhoggier than Baron Davis, but Baron Davis always seems to ballhog when he doesn't take much shots and gets 10+ assists. Iverson is a bad player to build the team around, since they are currently building on their team, and when they have everyone healthy (Cabarkapa!!!) , they will probably look much more better, and not seem desperate enough for someone like Allen Iverson.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:59 pm
Well Denver and Boston are the top runners I'd think. So if the Warriors were to trade for Iverson, it'd be giving up Jrich, and/or Murphy, along with either Ike, Biedrins, or Monta. The Sixers would not Baron with his history of injuries and that contract he carries. And we aren't even sure how AI and Baron could coexist. As much as we need a leader who will carry us in the end, AI is not the choice.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:54 am
Don't know how much any of you believe or listen to what Stephen A. Smith says, but on my ride into work today he said the warriors are the front runners in the trade talks.

He also stated there is no way philly would even be talking to the Warriors if Monta Ellis wasn't part of the deal.

Dear lord don't give up Ellis..

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:57 am
System Error wrote:He also stated there is no way philly would even be talking to the Warriors if Monta Ellis wasn't part of the deal.

I just hope it's only Philly trying to raise the asking price...
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:13 am
TMC wrote:
System Error wrote:He also stated there is no way philly would even be talking to the Warriors if Monta Ellis wasn't part of the deal.

I just hope it's only Philly trying to raise the asking price...

I agree. In the next breath he also said Boston really really wanted Iverson but didn't want to give up Al Jefferson. However, they may be willing to do so in the 11th hour. Apparantly Rivers is creaming his pants thinking of AI and Pierce together.

So Hopefully just by them demanding a trade with GS would take Ellis, it puts pressure on Boston to give up Jefferson

by the way , a lil off topic, but its good to see the board flourishing. I was here from pretty much the beginning but deployment and other things have kept me away. Nice job Hobbes and the newly appointed mods.

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:33 am
System Error wrote:Don't know how much any of you believe or listen to what Stephen A. Smith says, but on my ride into work today he said the warriors are the front runners in the trade talks.

He also stated there is no way philly would even be talking to the Warriors if Monta Ellis wasn't part of the deal.

As most on here already believe, giving up Monta would be a bad move. I am not sure I understand the organizations philosophy right now. Yes, we all want to see the team make the playoffs, but not at the expense of the future of this team.

In essence, what I am saying is that there are long term solutions and short term solutions to problems. Iverson's arrival would be a short term solution with lots of questions about the long term of this organization. We all want this team to win consistently over the next decade and longer. Mortgaging a key future star in Monta Ellis for a short term pipe dream of winning an NBA title this year or next is not good business if you ask me.

In other words, if Iverson comes, I would bet the team could make it into the playoffs as a #7 or #8 seed. However, the team would more than likely get bounced in the first round by San Antonio, Dallas or Phoenix. That is not appealing enough for me to give up Monta. While getting to the playoffs would be cool, I think if this young team continued to develop without Allen Iverson and adds a few pieces to this mix, I think they can make the playoffs maybe this year and without a doubt next season. Let the team grow and develop as it is right now. Allen Iverson is one of my favorite players, but he is not what the Warriors need in the long term.

Now, if Baron was involved rather than Monta, I would be interested in this deal. However, seeing as Philly wants to get younger with bright stars like Monta, I do not think our beloved Warriors should even consider this move.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:13 am
System Error wrote:by the way , a lil off topic, but its good to see the board flourishing. I was here from pretty much the beginning but deployment and other things have kept me away. Nice job Hobbes and the newly appointed mods.

Thanks, System Error. I wasn't a member when you started posting, and now, as your pointed, the board has more members, more sections... It takes more work (for Hobbes, who is the one who should get all the props. We're just along for the ride). It's great to see the site improving.

btw, nice avatar (and sig, but the avatar caught my eye pretty fast :mrgreen: )
Next

Return to Trades