Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2006-12-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors end their losing streak against the injured Hornets?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:54 am

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 10

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:24 am
if zarkobitch doesn't play, we win big.

chris paul will not have another career game tonight. with the injuries he'll try to carry the team-you know the rest. best part, i'll be there watching :hello2:
u can find me in the club. need seats?? let me know.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:59 pm
hell yah wat a win
This is the year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:20 pm
Huge in the 2nd half! Thought the team could have actually lost this one but the were dominant after half time!

I have to say that Pietrus has stepped up this season and is going to be hard to let go! Maybe he can be used in a trade to get a real good proven player. He has definately stepped up so far this season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:22 am
tunnelrat wrote:if zarkobitch doesn't play, we win big.

chris paul will not have another career game tonight. with the injuries he'll try to carry the team-you know the rest. best part, i'll be there watching :hello2:

You mean "the Z man" haha man I love nelly
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:40 am
Don't have FSNBA+ anymore for some reason, kind of pissed with comcast for that but oh well. I'll watch it through a torrent or so.

Anyway, heard the Warriors had a big 2nd half. And by looking at the box score, Chris Paul had a rough night. Looks like the Warriors not only stopped his scoring, but his ability to pass the ball. Only 5 assists. Mason was the only player who seemed to do something according to the stats. Biedrins and Pietrus had huge games I see. Biedrins was a monster offensively and on the boards. Baron and Monta put up respectable numbers. Overall, good stats. Just waiting for this torrent to download and it'll be interesting to watch.

Also heard Nelson was so pissed off at the Warriors lack of defense against the Spurs and Rockets, he called for a 2-day defensive mini camp to reinforce everything they lacked on that side of the ball. Good to hear that, the Warriors were not only poor on offense, but defense too in those games in Texas.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:45 am
Pietrus has certainly stepped it up a notch but he's still inconsistent. Plenty of time left for him to work on that though. As for the game...Good win! Looks like chris Paul had a shocker. Baron had a good all-round game it would seem although I think we'd all be alot happier if someone tazed him every time he even thought about shooting a three pointer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 am
Haven't seen this game, just the boxscore, but seems like everybody did well (except Murphy, but we should already be used to that). And, even more important, we seem to have been able to stop Paul... It's true that the Hornets had a lot of injuries, but it's a good (and needed) win.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:51 am
congrats to Nelly on 1200th win. Congrats to the Warriors for breaking their losing streak...

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 am
What channel was this game on? On the highlights it said it was fsn+ but when I went to 77 the santa clara vs pacific game was on...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:54 am
I was there, and I have to comment that the defense was the key here. Not only did it hold the Hornets to 80 points and a bad offensive night, those steals often trigger the fast break.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:48 pm
Dubs4life wrote:What channel was this game on? On the highlights it said it was fsn+ but when I went to 77 the santa clara vs pacific game was on...

It was supposedly on FSNBA HD but the damn Hockey game was on. Then, last time I checked, FSNBA+ is on channel 77 for Comcast. But that college game was on. Was really pissed so I had to use On Demand to watch the recap. So to answer your question, it was not televised, unless you have NBA League Pass of course.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:56 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Don't have FSNBA+ anymore for some reason, kind of pissed with comcast for that but oh well. I'll watch it through a torrent or so.

You probably don't have FSNBA+ anymore because Comcast changed the channel lineup to include (in many areas in Northern California) FSNBA+ the digital classic lineup ... it costs more than standard cable .... but gives you a much better picture on all channels, and provides a lot more channels and features including Digital Video Recording done by Comcast ON DEMAND for a TON of Interesting Programs.

BUTT ... you do know someone who might be able to assist you with a special RISK FREE, NO INSTALLATION CHARGE, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee "Trial" of this and other comcast services, including High Speed Internet and/or Digital Voice Telephone Service ... if available your area and you don't already have it.

:cheers: GUESS WHO THAT WOULD BE? and get a Free PPV Movie, while they last, with Your Risk Free Trial at NO EXTRA CHARGE :hello2: Image

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDWzPHiEs-k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>

:thumbleft: BUNDLE UP FOR THE WINTER :thumbright:
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:09 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
Dubs4life wrote:What channel was this game on? On the highlights it said it was fsn+ but when I went to 77 the santa clara vs pacific game was on...

It was supposedly on FSNBA HD but the damn Hockey game was on. Then, last time I checked, FSNBA+ is on channel 77 for Comcast. But that college game was on. Was really pissed so I had to use On Demand to watch the recap. So to answer your question, it was not televised, unless you have NBA League Pass of course.

I got part of it in Santa Rosa .. which doesn't get a LOT of the EXTRA CHANNELS and doesn't have On Demand ... but it went off just before half time.

Yo COMCAST ... WE LOVE OUR WARRIORS !!!!

Especially when they shoot 84 plus percent free throws :oops:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:51 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Don't have FSNBA+ anymore for some reason, kind of pissed with comcast for that but oh well. I'll watch it through a torrent or so.

Anyway, heard the Warriors had a big 2nd half. And by looking at the box score, Chris Paul had a rough night. Looks like the Warriors not only stopped his scoring, but his ability to pass the ball. Only 5 assists. Mason was the only player who seemed to do something according to the stats. Biedrins and Pietrus had huge games I see. Biedrins was a monster offensively and on the boards. Baron and Monta put up respectable numbers. Overall, good stats. Just waiting for this torrent to download and it'll be interesting to watch.

Also heard Nelson was so pissed off at the Warriors lack of defense against the Spurs and Rockets, he called for a 2-day defensive mini camp to reinforce everything they lacked on that side of the ball. Good to hear that, the Warriors were not only poor on offense, but defense too in those games in Texas.

Do you have a link for that torrent? I looked at http://bt.davka.info/ but couldn't find it there.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:55 pm
Fantastic win! I was worried about this game simply for the fact that the team had not been playing that well. And in the first half, the Warriors looked lethargic for the most part.

However, the key to this win was the defense. The team forced Paul into a bad shooting and passing night and really put the clamps on the inside game of the Hornets. The Warriors held the Hornets to 36 points in the second half. There have been a few quarters this season where the Warriors have given up more. I was really happy with the defense.

Nellie talked in the pre-game show about how the team worked the last three days on defensive situations and what to do. This seemed to work very well.

I was a bit disappointed with Monta's outside shooting last night. He has been off a bit the past few games. I hope he will find his jump shot in the very near future. If anything, perhaps it will force him to drive more to the basket where I think he does better.

Overall, a great win for the Warriors! Another big one tonight against the Ray Allenless Sonics.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads