IVERSON FINALLY DOES IT

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:50 am
denver, minny, and the mavs have all taken themselves out of the running...

that leaves Boston, and most likely us in the West. Please Mully make it happen.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:03 am
That's all we need now!!! Why the hell would we would want to get small with adding a 30 yr old ball hog who is only 6'0. We have Ellis already!

We should have traded for Boozer at the end of last season! But according to report it never made it pass the initial stages for Murphy for Boozer!!! Ike will never become the next Brand or Boozer!!! Trade his ass too!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:06 am
With all his damn shooting it would piss off all the W's. He might as well play 1 on 5 if he were traded to the W's. This would be a terrible trade!!!

If we traded for him the only positive would be that have has 3 yrs left and we could dump some of our bad contracts!!!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:35 am
Philly choice would be expiring contracts, unloading webber, lottery type 1st round picks, and a proven all-star or emerging player. It seems the best candidates are

1. Monta Ellis/Richardson combo
2. Mike Bibby
3. Randy Foye
4. Green ,West, Rajon combo from Celts
5. Maguette , Livington

Minnesota is not know for big trades but Cohan and the Maloofs have a track record of landing the big trade. Unless we are planning on firing Nelson, and like to play the small percentages, we need to throw in a 1st round pick to close the deal, despite dealing a possible Ogden pick. If I were Philly, I would trade AI to the Pacific because of ability to raise the ante between GS, Sacramento and the Clips.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:56 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
coltraning wrote:I doubt they would trade AI for BD and Murphy, but maybe if the Ws throw in a first rounder. I love AI - he is a true warrior (so why not take him to the team with the name?)...

Well it didn't happen to Artest for one. I mean they did have Ron labeled as a "Warrior". He had a haircut saying that and all. But yes, he is a true Warrior. Never doubting the fact he would be willing to take it the hole. And the thing is that the Warriors need a go-to guy late in games. Iverson could be that guy for them when the Warriors need someone to count on to take over and pull them out of games. You can say Baron, but he hardly ever does it. Matter of fact, I'm not sure if I've seen him try and take over the final minute. I mean sure, he's taken some shots to keep the lead as far as possible from the other team, but he's never really tried to dominate the last 4 minutes of the game to win it or better yet, close it out. Not saying Baron's bad, just saying that's something we need... dearly.

Yeah, I have seen Baron take over a game and win it, but also take one over and lose it by dribbling around for 15 seconds then chucking up a 3. I know there are some AI-haters, but one thing you can't accuse him of is chucking up 3s. That dude is fearless and relentless driving to the hole. I know he hogs the ball, but if we traded him for BD, we would be trading an injury-prone only intermittently effective ballhog superstar for an MVP, consistent 30 point a game-scoring, foul-drawing ballhog. Anyway, this is all idle speculation.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:02 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:The warriors don't want him, so that leaves the Celts, Lakes, and Bulls with the resources to get him. I Kobe+AI or Bootleg kobe+AI would not be a good combo. However I do think this would be a good trade (I think Shaq/good team could make AI be less of a ball hog) - Kapono, Posey, Haslem, and Doleac for AI and Shavlik Randolph. Now the heat's lineup looks like
"PG" - AI
Sg - Wade
SF - Toine
PF - somebody lousy like shavlik randolph
C - Shaq in a few months

Call AI a ball hog all you want but he's never shot more than he had to. With good team mates he'd stop chuckiing as much, just like toine. These guys would win the east easily. Why would the sixers do this? Expirers. because of all the expirers the sixers would be trimming 11 million off of their contracts while the heat would be contending for the chip.

Of course this would never go down.

Just don't see the Heat having anything to do with Iverson and they don't have the means to get him anyway. The only players that sixers could remotely be interested in are Wayne Simien, Posey and maybe Jason Williams. Don't reckon Wade and Iverson together would be a good mix but you never know, both are pretty unselfish and pass more than what they are given credit for!

Um... Iverson unselfish? He might be the most selfish player in the NBA (maybe behind Kobe).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:27 pm
John Patrick wrote:Um... Iverson unselfish? He might be the most selfish player in the NBA (maybe behind Kobe).

Don't know about that. I really believe he doesn't deserve all the rep he has as selfish. His numbers show that, every season he plays as PG (he played as SG under Larry Brown, and Brown had him as the first, second, third and fourth option on offense, and it shows in his stats) he averages around 7 or assists per game (which are a lot given how bad his teammates usually are, and how many shots he takes). Also, he takes those shots 'cos no one else can do it in his team (although I think Iggy is a better scorer than he has showed so far).

Although that's all a matter of opinion...

Regarding other posts, and if we want to consider us a contender for the AI trade, I'd love to see a trade of Baron (completely agree with Colt's assessment. Plus, I don't think a team with Baron and AI in the backcourt would work), Murphy and POB for AI and some scrubs to make the salaries work... That would really be a great trade for us.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:41 pm
TMC wrote:
John Patrick wrote:Um... Iverson unselfish? He might be the most selfish player in the NBA (maybe behind Kobe).

Don't know about that. I really believe he doesn't deserve all the rep he has as selfish. His numbers show that, every season he plays as PG (he played as SG under Larry Brown, and Brown had him as the first, second, third and fourth option on offense, and it shows in his stats) he averages around 7 or assists per game (which are a lot given how bad his teammates usually are, and how many shots he takes). Also, he takes those shots 'cos no one else can do it in his team (although I think Iggy is a better scorer than he has showed so far).

Regarding other posts, and if we want to consider us a contender for the AI trade, I'd love to see a trade of Baron (completely agree with Colt's assessment. Plus, I don't think a team with Baron and AI in the backcourt would work), Murphy and POB for AI and some scrubs to make the salaries work... That would really be a great trade for us.

IMO Iverson isn't "unselfish", but he isn't any more selfish than Paul Pierce or Kobe or any number of good players on bad teams. He does what he has to do to win the maximum number of games his team can win. Period.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:58 pm
coltraning wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
coltraning wrote:I doubt they would trade AI for BD and Murphy, but maybe if the Ws throw in a first rounder. I love AI - he is a true warrior (so why not take him to the team with the name?)...

Well it didn't happen to Artest for one. I mean they did have Ron labeled as a "Warrior". He had a haircut saying that and all. But yes, he is a true Warrior. Never doubting the fact he would be willing to take it the hole. And the thing is that the Warriors need a go-to guy late in games. Iverson could be that guy for them when the Warriors need someone to count on to take over and pull them out of games. You can say Baron, but he hardly ever does it. Matter of fact, I'm not sure if I've seen him try and take over the final minute. I mean sure, he's taken some shots to keep the lead as far as possible from the other team, but he's never really tried to dominate the last 4 minutes of the game to win it or better yet, close it out. Not saying Baron's bad, just saying that's something we need... dearly.

Yeah, I have seen Baron take over a game and win it, but also take one over and lose it by dribbling around for 15 seconds then chucking up a 3. I know there are some AI-haters, but one thing you can't accuse him of is chucking up 3s. That dude is fearless and relentless driving to the hole. I know he hogs the ball, but if we traded him for BD, we would be trading an injury-prone only intermittently effective ballhog superstar for an MVP, consistent 30 point a game-scoring, foul-drawing ballhog. Anyway, this is all idle speculation.

And as much as many would say we don't need a type of player of his caliber, we truely do. If Baron or Jrich(when healthy) jack up three's late in games, then who are we to trust the rest of the season late in games? As much of a player you just described in AI, at least he can take a team late in a game down to the wire and win it rather than jacking up a random shot that is unnecessary and not needed.

Also Jrich did say something about the possibility of AI coming to the bay area. He said, "We're going to be tossed into every rumor until we make it to the playoffs. That's just how it's going to be." He continued on after saying, "If I vouch for him to come, I'll probably be the one leaving. I don't have any control over that and don't want any control over that."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:05 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:IMO Iverson isn't "unselfish", but he isn't any more selfish than Paul Pierce or Kobe or any number of good players on bad teams. He does what he has to do to win the maximum number of games his team can win. Period.

Yeah, that's how I see him, too. In fact, he doesn't have a lot of options to get traded. He probably will want to go to a team that already is a contender (and keeps that status with the trade)... and not many contenders will be interested in him with his age.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:09 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

IMO Iverson isn't "unselfish", but he isn't any more selfish than Paul Pierce or Kobe or any number of good players on bad teams. He does what he has to do to win the maximum number of games his team can win. Period.

yep - you have a nuanced bball mind, pest. good point. At any rate, is there even any credible talk about him coming this way?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:16 pm
coltraning wrote: At any rate, is there even any credible talk about him coming this way?

Nothing credible, from what I've read. A long shot, at best.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:23 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote: At any rate, is there even any credible talk about him coming this way?

Nothing credible, from what I've read. A long shot, at best.

yeah, would be fun...

ImageImage

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:59 pm
theres a rumor stating that the bobcats are quietly discussing a deal that will send raymond felton and a 1st round draft pick for AI...bobcats wouldnt want to give up morrison or okafor, and philly doesnt want an old knight...dont think philly will except, but u never kno
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:32 pm
salaries aren't even close to working there, and they'd have to add a lot of people to make it work
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball