IVERSON FINALLY DOES IT

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:59 pm
Would you trade BD and Murphy for AI; I believe salary cap wise this might work (capologists please chime in here)?

A backcourt of Monta and AI with (a hopefully healthy) Richardson, Diogu, and Biedrens upfront would look pretty nice. Dunleavy could be used as a point guard/forward to spell either Monta, Richardson, or Diogu.

AI does play hard. He did extremely well playing for Larry Brown, an old school guy that preaches defense. I believe that he would also play very well for Don Nelson, an old school guy who preaches offense.

The Oakland fans would love AI.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:59 pm
wouldn't work cap wise. they'd need to add ollie or something
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:14 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
d1mex wrote:ill take AI over BD any day of the week. Iverson gives his heart every game and plays like a Warriors. I love BD, but for a chance to get AI, ill take him.

BD and Murphy for AI and Iggy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... =20~20~9~9

it worked on the ESPN trade machine. It sounds lopsided but I would love to see it happen.

well AI>BD and Iggy>Iike

but it might be the only way they get a bona fide superstar

now that the wolves are out of the AI running, it seems the most LOGICAL place would be the Warriors. For the 76ers, its good because hes in another conference where they dont have to see him. We lose BD, injury prone, and we lose Murphy whose not been very active this year. We get one of the best players in the NBA, definetley the best scorer. And we also get an athletic, young player whose still got room for improvement(Nellies specialty). Plus, wouldn't it be cool to have 2 dunk competition contestants on the same floor?

Well be smaller, faster, better, and score more points. Mully, listen to me, we need a closer, someone to finish games out, someone to dominate games and take control. AI is that man.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:59 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/16199928.htm

ARGGHHHHHHH

Can't believe the TWolves would say this! They need Iverson more than most teams! Trading RDavis, MJames and someone else for Iverson should be enough and they would still have Foye and McCants coming through. Anyway.

Still think the Celts will make a hard push to get Iverson

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:26 pm
look out for dallas...sleeper in the stakes for AI
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:The warriors don't want him, so that leaves the Celts, Lakes, and Bulls with the resources to get him. I Kobe+AI or Bootleg kobe+AI would not be a good combo. However I do think this would be a good trade (I think Shaq/good team could make AI be less of a ball hog) - Kapono, Posey, Haslem, and Doleac for AI and Shavlik Randolph. Now the heat's lineup looks like
"PG" - AI
Sg - Wade
SF - Toine
PF - somebody lousy like shavlik randolph
C - Shaq in a few months

Call AI a ball hog all you want but he's never shot more than he had to. With good team mates he'd stop chuckiing as much, just like toine. These guys would win the east easily. Why would the sixers do this? Expirers. because of all the expirers the sixers would be trimming 11 million off of their contracts while the heat would be contending for the chip.

Of course this would never go down.

Just don't see the Heat having anything to do with Iverson and they don't have the means to get him anyway. The only players that sixers could remotely be interested in are Wayne Simien, Posey and maybe Jason Williams. Don't reckon Wade and Iverson together would be a good mix but you never know, both are pretty unselfish and pass more than what they are given credit for!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:08 pm
d1mex wrote:ill take AI over BD any day of the week. Iverson gives his heart every game and plays like a Warriors. I love BD, but for a chance to get AI, ill take him.

BD and Murphy for AI and Iggy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... =20~20~9~9

it worked on the ESPN trade machine. It sounds lopsided but I would love to see it happen.

The sixers are not that stupid! They would not give up their most bright young player for two overpaid players right now! Be great for the team though

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:14 pm
uptempo wrote:Would you trade BD and Murphy for AI; I believe salary cap wise this might work (capologists please chime in here)?

A backcourt of Monta and AI with (a hopefully healthy) Richardson, Diogu, and Biedrens upfront would look pretty nice. Dunleavy could be used as a point guard/forward to spell either Monta, Richardson, or Diogu.

AI does play hard. He did extremely well playing for Larry Brown, an old school guy that preaches defense. I believe that he would also play very well for Don Nelson, an old school guy who preaches offense.

The Oakland fans would love AI.

You make a great point about Iverson playing harder than Baron. Most of us see Baron as a passing PG because of all the assists he gets but the truth is, Iverson gets alot of assists with less talent around him. If we look at both of them, they play quite similar - Both shoot alot and both pass alot and do it well. Baron shoots alot to be known as a pass first PG and at times (now happening more) he shoots more badly than well!

I don't want Iverson but if it got rid of TWO of the three bad contracts, I'd be alright with letting Baron go as well BUT Baron is younger and it could possibly threaten the future prospects of the team being a contender, talking about 4 or 5 years from now when Iverson will be over 35

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:30 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/16199928.htm

ARGGHHHHHHH

Can't believe the TWolves would say this! They need Iverson more than most teams! Trading RDavis, MJames and someone else for Iverson should be enough and they would still have Foye and McCants coming through. Anyway.

they aren't allowed to trade mike james.

And I would DESPISE a celtics team with Pierce and AI.... they'd never win a championship and it would ruin their future and they'd trade too many young studs. And the sixers would be trading within their division. They'd make it to the playoffs, and maybe finals (weakest conference of all time) but they would never win it all and Iverson's career would end.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:30 pm
migya wrote:

ARGGHHHHHHH

they aren't allowed to trade mike james.

And I would DESPISE a celtics team with Pierce and AI.... they'd never win a championship and it would ruin their future and they'd trade too many young studs. And the sixers would be trading within their division. They'd make it to the playoffs, and maybe finals (weakest conference of all time) but they would never win it all and Iverson's career would end.
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 am
AI on the Warriors with Nelly? WOW, that would make a deadly combination...

We probably get a majority of the calls too.... haha

AI off the pick and roll with AB... that is deadly, because if AI drives, he will either score or get foul, if he passes we all know AB can finish like no other...

Philly would probably want a future 1st, and or Ike.....

in addition to BD and Murphy....

but in terms of youth and talent, BD and Murphy isnt bad for philly...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:33 am
I'd think with all the teams in the running for Iverson, it'd be the teams in the West winning the battle. I doubt they'd trade him to a team in the East, especially if it's a team they know they can beat. The West is the most logical choice.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:44 am
I doubt they would trade AI for BD and Murphy, but maybe if the Ws throw in a first rounder. I love AI - he is a true warrior (so why not take him to the team with the name?)...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:52 am
coltraning wrote:I doubt they would trade AI for BD and Murphy, but maybe if the Ws throw in a first rounder. I love AI - he is a true warrior (so why not take him to the team with the name?)...

Well it didn't happen to Artest for one. I mean they did have Ron labeled as a "Warrior". He had a haircut saying that and all. But yes, he is a true Warrior. Never doubting the fact he would be willing to take it the hole. And the thing is that the Warriors need a go-to guy late in games. Iverson could be that guy for them when the Warriors need someone to count on to take over and pull them out of games. You can say Baron, but he hardly ever does it. Matter of fact, I'm not sure if I've seen him try and take over the final minute. I mean sure, he's taken some shots to keep the lead as far as possible from the other team, but he's never really tried to dominate the last 4 minutes of the game to win it or better yet, close it out. Not saying Baron's bad, just saying that's something we need... dearly.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:25 am
I'm pretty sure he won't stay in the east if he gets traded. In fact, I wouldn't rule out AI going to Memphis or the Clips... They have the pieces to trade. Minny?, not so much. Nothing there to interest the Sixers.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball