Our Real Problems

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:14 pm
I agree on everything except the Biedrins reference. Andre has shown a number of very impressive low post moves. But his main strength is his hands and his quickness to the rim.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:47 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I agree on everything except the Biedrins reference. Andre has shown a number of very impressive low post moves. But his main strength is his hands and his quickness to the rim.

Definately hands and quickness are a major strength of Biedrins. He seems to catch anything thrown at him. His ability to block shots had also been huge because it has been one of the only elements of defense the team has had

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:07 pm
i don't think we can complain about monta too much since he's really more than we expected, same goes for barnes, peitrus and biedrens. The players that need to show up is dunleavy, j-rich, and murph.

j-rich really feeds off his athletism and i think it's a great opportunity for him to rely on other aspects of the game, he should talk to dunleavy since he understands the game so well but is unable to do anything about it.

nelson has to change his ****ing mindset as a strictly fast paced team, because we don't have the weapons to run that kinda offense right now…do something with foyle or trade his ass. watchin him set on the bench collecting a fat paycheck is making me sick.

and ike needs to come back from his "sprained ankle" how bad can it be? he didnt even jump on it. and how old is he? he should be up and ready to go by now…i'm starting to feel that he's injury prone, just what we need.

We also wasted a pick this year, i haven't seen anything that impresses me about POB. he looks like a foyle-vontego project in the making. I would've been really impress if he could've done something in the houston game with yao. But he looked like a chump. Yao looked like daddy playing with the kids. it was one of the worst display i've seen.

okay i said it. that's how i feel about the warriors rite now. ooh yea and they're going to lose tonight, i hope i'm wrong tho.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:52 pm
The Warriors won't lose tonight, the Hornets are down men and Nelson will have them ready.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:00 pm
you're right, thank god i was wrong, we needed a win

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:40 am
The real reason is that the dunginess is spreading and we do not have the vaccines to stop it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:26 pm
aletha33 wrote:1) An at best 70% JRich

2) An unathletic, non-blocking out, one-dimensional Murph

3) An inexperienced, streaky shooting, turnover prone Monta

4) A streaky shooting, no dribbling, foul-a-minute Pietrus

5) A will-he-or-will-he-not show up Dun

6) Having to rely on Barnes to consistently produce

7) BD coming back from a rib injury after kicking ass in the 1st month.

8. Andris with no developed back-to-the-basket go to move...and I ain't talking about picking up garbage points or getting dimed by BD.

9) It's Nelson playing SO MUCH ZONE. If we're going to get scored on, let's at least do it playing man. At least our rebounding assignments will be clear. We LET teams shoot 3's - wide open. These ain't recreational players. These are pros who will knock down the open 3. Look at that dude from Mil - who's Bell??? what he hit, 6 3's? WTF? What about the other Bell, Raja, that killed us. What are we doing playing zone against Phoenix?

These are our problems, plain n simple...

Dear God, this might all be true...

You're a bit harsh about it, but i've noticed most of these problems, too. I don't trust Monta Ellis yet. The kid must average 4 turnovers a night and 20% from the field (prior to the 4th quarter). People are trying to say he's our version of Iverson... but he's more like our version of Ben Gordon; a short SG being forced into a point role, giving up a ton of turnovers, and showing his best stuff PURELY in the last quarter of play. There's no denying the skills when Monta turns it on full blast. But Golden State needs consistency. Monta certainly hasn't been that.

I also don't like the huge amount of pressure we put on Baron. Relying too heavily on him will make us psychologically dependent. Look at what happened last year at around February. 'Nuff said.

And I've noticed Biedrins lack of polish around the cup... but it doesn't really bother me. Kid can rebound, he can catch, and he alters shots (not just by blocking them; he scares opposing players into missing). That's good enough for me. Ike has the crazy scoring post game that we're all waiting for.

But, seriously, Golden State's biggest problem can be summed up in one word: injuries. I remember the ESPN announcers making a huge deal that TMac was missing the Houston game last night... but they never once mentioned the fact that we were playing with Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy, or Ike Diogu (who, as far as I'm concerned, are 3 of Golden State's top 7 or 8 guys).

Richardson and Murphy are like Zarko; we haven't seen them yet this season. I know that the box scores say they've played minutes, but they weren't playing like the Troy Murphy and Jason Richardson we know. Once those two guys are at 100% (and Ike comes back), the Warriors are going on a rampage. Count on it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:50 pm
#32 wrote:
aletha33 wrote:1) An at best 70% JRich

2) An unathletic, non-blocking out, one-dimensional Murph

3) An inexperienced, streaky shooting, turnover prone Monta

4) A streaky shooting, no dribbling, foul-a-minute Pietrus

5) A will-he-or-will-he-not show up Dun

6) Having to rely on Barnes to consistently produce

7) BD coming back from a rib injury after kicking ass in the 1st month.

8. Andris with no developed back-to-the-basket go to move...and I ain't talking about picking up garbage points or getting dimed by BD.

9) It's Nelson playing SO MUCH ZONE. If we're going to get scored on, let's at least do it playing man. At least our rebounding assignments will be clear. We LET teams shoot 3's - wide open. These ain't recreational players. These are pros who will knock down the open 3. Look at that dude from Mil - who's Bell??? what he hit, 6 3's? WTF? What about the other Bell, Raja, that killed us. What are we doing playing zone against Phoenix?

These are our problems, plain n simple...

Dear God, this might all be true...

You're a bit harsh about it, but i've noticed most of these problems, too. I don't trust Monta Ellis yet. The kid must average 4 turnovers a night and 20% from the field (prior to the 4th quarter). People are trying to say he's our version of Iverson... but he's more like our version of Ben Gordon; a short SG being forced into a point role, giving up a ton of turnovers, and showing his best stuff PURELY in the last quarter of play. There's no denying the skills when Monta turns it on full blast. But Golden State needs consistency. Monta certainly hasn't been that.

I also don't like the huge amount of pressure we put on Baron. Relying too heavily on him will make us psychologically dependent. Look at what happened last year at around February. 'Nuff said.

And I've noticed Biedrins lack of polish around the cup... but it doesn't really bother me. Kid can rebound, he can catch, and he alters shots (not just by blocking them; he scares opposing players into missing). That's good enough for me. Ike has the crazy scoring post game that we're all waiting for.

co-sign!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:07 pm
#32 wrote:
aletha33 wrote:But, seriously, Golden State's biggest problem can be summed up in one word: injuries. I remember the ESPN announcers making a huge deal that TMac was missing the Houston game last night... but they never once mentioned the fact that we were playing with Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy, or Ike Diogu (who, as far as I'm concerned, are 3 of Golden State's top 7 or 8 guys).

Richardson and Murphy are like Zarko; we haven't seen them yet this season. I know that the box scores say they've played minutes, but they weren't playing like the Troy Murphy and Jason Richardson we know. Once those two guys are at 100% (and Ike comes back), the Warriors are going on a rampage. Count on it.

I agree that Richardson has yet to show up - when he's back, and i mean fully back, that's gonna be pretty scary.

Ike, as much as everyone likes the dude, we still don't know what we have in him...

Murph, he's another story. I know you like Murph, and I respect that and all...

but the man is useless on the court...his only truly effective game? vs milwaukee, when they did their version of our defense, playing zone the entire game. i love him as a zone buster...but how many teams will we face that play strictly zone? none...

he can't get his own shot off consistently where he can rely on him to score CONSISTENTLY...sure he'll come across a scrub every now and then and use the triple threat tohis advantage..but again, that's rare.

he can't create off the dribble...he's just too slow. and him recovering from that achilles injury isn't going to make him THAT much faster.

doesn't rebound well...doesn't block out...hopes the ball falls within his grasp...

can't finish inside...

man, im getting frustrated listing his flaws...

i'll be one happy dude when they get rid of him..
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:22 pm
Hey, the team has done GREAT without JRich, Murphy and Diogu - The first two were in the top 3 players of the team last season and the third is the future PF and the best post player! All credit to Baron and Pietrus for playing better than they did last season, Barnes and a bit of Robertson for contributing and most of all, Monta and Biedrins for stepping up HUGE and really being the difference between being 25% and 50% right now!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball