Rashard Lewis and Maggette

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:23 am
Now that Seattle and the Clippers are both losing teams to this point. Let's start off the rumors of either why Maggette or Lewis would be an answer for the W's.

Who would you choose and why? Who would you trade and why it would make the W's offense better?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:44 am
We've been through this several times already, but I'll play again.

From those two, I'd go for 'Shard. Mags, while a good player, is injury-prone and less talented than Rashard. Also, Lewis wants to leave Seattle (or so the rumor says) so he may be available... something we still don't know about Mags.

Also, Lewis can play several positions. Specifically, he'd be a great fit at PF for Nellie's offense (pending on the rival, of course). Mags can't do that.

As for who could/should go in this trade, it's easy. Anyone except Baron/J-Rich/Ellis/Ike/Biedrins. I don't care.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:11 pm
If your Seattle wouldn't you want to have on of those players??? I don't think the Sonics will do a Foyle or Duns trade. They won't need Murphy they have a PF and a five as it stands.

So ya gotta breakup the core if that needed!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:13 pm
J-Rich wrote:If your Seattle wouldn't you want to have on of those players??? I don't think the Sonics will do a Foyle or Duns trade. They won't need Murphy they have a PF and a five as it stands.

So ya gotta breakup the core if that needed!!!

Ok, then there will be no trade. We're not forced to make a bad trade just because nobody wants any of our scrubs.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:40 pm
That's the point...we won't be able to acquire a top flight player because teams aren't that stupid to pickup our medicore players!!! Don't look for a team to trade their top player for our spare parts!!!

Equal amount of talent for the same!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:52 pm
I wouldnt really consider lewis or maggette top flight players. Neither one really will solve our problems long term. Our best hope to become contenders is keep our young core together along with J-rich and baron. Then along the way aquire some supporting players like a servicable back-up point, or back up PF. A starting line up of Baron-Monta-Jrich- Ike-and AB would be formidable. If we can keep these guys together their chemistry will grow and thats what makes great teams not a bunch of stars thrown together (like LA from a few years ago or the knicks to a lesser extent now)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:30 am
I'll play again as well.

I'll go for Lewis because Maggette is injuryprone and that is utterly important.

Trade of dun and Pietrus for Rashard would be decent enough but I'm not sure on the salaries

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:33 am
migya wrote:
Trade of dun and Pietrus for Rashard would be decent enough but I'm not sure on the salaries

The salaries work just fine. Lewis has only a $9 million contract, which probably means that he'll opt out this next summer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:13 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

The salaries work just fine. Lewis has only a $9 million contract, which probably means that he'll opt out this next summer.

Reckon the Sonics could go for such a trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:16 am
migya wrote:Reckon the Sonics could go for such a trade

If Lewis has been clear about leaving after the season, maybe... although I'm sure they could get better players from other teams. Could be worth a try, tho.

Return to Trades