downhill city from here

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:27 am
The lineup they need is Ike, JRich, Monta, BD and Biedrins, with Pietrus, Barnes, Murphy and Dunleavy off the bench in that order, with a sprinkling of Mcleod and Roberson and Foyle. The reality is, 2 of their best 5 players are hurt...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:58 am
A sparkling Foyle is always nice!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 pm
Ike Diogu must have the "mother -of-sprained ankles" in the history of the NBA. If he hasn't been able to play for this long, I wonder how long is it going to take to get him back in shape? Plus, when he comes back, will he and Biedrins be able to play offense at the same time. They both operate very well in the low block.

Also, one of the Warriors biggest problems is defense. ike will not help that. he is not a good defender and he is not tall enough to be a defensive stopper inside.

I like Ike, but he is not a savior for this team. J-Rich is that savior. A 100% healthy J-Rich is what the Warriors need the most.

P.S. We also could use Zarko's length too.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:42 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Ike Diogu must have the "mother -of-sprained ankles" in the history of the NBA. If he hasn't been able to play for this long, I wonder how long is it going to take to get him back in shape? Plus, when he comes back, will he and Biedrins be able to play offense at the same time. They both operate very well in the low block.

Also, one of the Warriors biggest problems is defense. ike will not help that. he is not a good defender and he is not tall enough to be a defensive stopper inside.

I like Ike, but he is not a savior for this team. J-Rich is that savior. A 100% healthy J-Rich is what the Warriors need the most.

Ike has a bigger role to us than it seems... as I said in another post, it helps to be able to dump the ball in to the low post when the team is on a shooting slump... Also Ike is a good defender, and can rebound well as well, his height is short for a PF but his wingspan more than makes up for that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:26 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:32 was right

"expect the bandwagon-jumping bitches to start pissing and moaning about us losing 3 (possibly 4) in a row."

:dontknow: It's pretty much a science by now.

Every losing streak Golden State goes on, there's a flurry of 3-10 posts talking about how "the season's over" and stuff. I've just learned to tune them out.

I guess it's time I get working on another article. I'm tired of all these <10-responded-to threads. I'll post something in the next day or so.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Caparkapa is set to debut Saturday he hopes. Ike is due another week or so he says. I hope he returns soon, because I really miss Ike's play down low. Biedrins needs another complementary player down there.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:55 pm
John Patrick wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:Ike Diogu must have the "mother -of-sprained ankles" in the history of the NBA. If he hasn't been able to play for this long, I wonder how long is it going to take to get him back in shape? Plus, when he comes back, will he and Biedrins be able to play offense at the same time. They both operate very well in the low block.

Ike has a bigger role to us than it seems... as I said in another post, it helps to be able to dump the ball in to the low post when the team is on a shooting slump... Also Ike is a good defender, and can rebound well as well, his height is short for a PF but his wingspan more than makes up for that.

I agree, and also the thing missing lately is drawing fouls on the oppostion, which he and JRich are great at. It changes strategy when your players get in foul trouble, and Ws have not been doing that lately, obviously if you can pass and shoot like the Suns you don't need a lot of post play, but Ws neither shoot nor pass like the Suns, so inside play is a must. 5 players on the Ws can do that, but 2 of them are very hit and miss as to when: BD and Monta. Biedrins does but he is an awful free throw shooter so I think this is the area where the absence of Jrich and Ike is really hurting the Ws
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 am
John Patrick wrote:Also Ike is a good defender

No, that he's not. I agree with the rest of your post, but he's not a good defender... yet. I'm pretty sure he'll be in time (if not good, at least serviceable), but right now I still consider him a below average defender at the NBA level.

The more he plays, the more he'll improve, tho. I can't wait til he's back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:05 am
Like I've said before, Diogu was a good defender in college and he will be also in the nba but he needs consistent minutes and some time to adjust to the nba. Defense is harder than offense and a young guy will find it tougher to adapt defensively than offensively

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:47 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:downhill city from here. and we don't have the eastern conference helpin us out much either..

DAM'MIT!!!!!! :banghead:
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:16 pm
Like I said Chad this is a make or break roadtrip and the W's will miss the playoffs because they can't win on the road and this is the biggest road trip that they cannot afford to lose games!!!!

Playing close games doesn't cut it anymore...The W's have had too many close games to makeup excuses for losing a games...It just doesn't cut it for me anymore!!!

We need to clean house with this team!!! Trade the whole team and the team's kitchen sink!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:17 pm
I want to see Pau Gasol in a W's uniform before or after the trade deadline!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:07 pm
The problem with this team is that Mullin put built the team around the frontline of Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy, a truly ugly combination. The issue becomes even more problematic as the team cannot find anyone around the league who would want to trade for any of these three. That being said, no matter what Mullin and Nelson do, this team was never architected to win a championship. Why is it that the Lakers are playing better than the Warriors? After trading Shaq, I would have thought that the Warriors would ascend and the Lakers would descend. It comes down to the front office expectations. Kupchak follows Jerry Buss's lead and has to build a team to win, while Mullin follows Cohan's lead and builds a nice team that has no chance to win. The team needs to sit down Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy and play the youngsters. The team may continue to lose; however, the youngsters do have upside. This group of Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy are as good as they will ever be. I would rather see the team lose with the youngsters than lose with the overpaid veterans.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball