Game Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ Warriors 2006-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Bucks?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:45 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:28 am
TMC wrote:Nah, really... this is the kind of player we should go after as our backup to Baron.

He played starting SF last game for the Bucks

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:50 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Nah, really... this is the kind of player we should go after as our backup to Baron.

He played starting SF last game for the Bucks

Yeah, in a small ball lineup. He played pg and sg last year. He'd do well in any of those positions...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:49 pm
I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Bell. I think he'd be an upgrade, compared to Anthony Roberson.

Offer the Bucks Troy Murphy. They can't get enough big men.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:52 pm
#32 wrote:Offer the Bucks Troy Murphy. They can't get enough big men.

::lol:

It's funny. A year ago, before the Villa trade, we might have had a chance to ship him there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:18 pm
For who?

Jamaal Magloire, maybe (prior to the Portland trade)?

Note: I hate Magloire's gamel his value to me is purely as an expirer.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:26 pm
I disagree here, Magloire is a good center, but he fits terribly with the Warriors. (being slow and all). If we got him, he'd be very useful as a backup center though behind Biedrins.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:08 pm
Like I said, my interest in Magloire would be PURELY as an expirer. Not that we'll get him or anything. Portland needs that money to resign Brandon Roy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:05 am
#32 wrote:For who?

Jamaal Magloire, maybe (prior to the Portland trade)?

Note: I hate Magloire's gamel his value to me is purely as an expirer.

Could be. All I know is that they were in the market for a PF... It would have been a good trade for us, even if only for salary reasons.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 am
The way things are going for the Celtics, Mullin might just be able to get one of either Jefferson or Perkins for not very much :dontknow:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 am
migya wrote:The way things are going for the Celtics, Mullin might just be able to get one of either Jefferson or Perkins for not very much :dontknow:

Yep. Wouldn't surprise me. Ainge has said this week that everyone not named Pierce is available for trades...

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:48 am
migya wrote:The way things are going for the Celtics, Mullin might just be able to get one of either Jefferson or Perkins for not very much :dontknow:

I have never been all that impressed with either Perkins of Jefferson. Jefferson seems to be hurt every other week and when he does play, he is far from consistent. I do think he has more of an upside than Perkins.

In Perkins you get a player that has no offensive game. He is a rebounder and shot blocker which at this point is not what we need. If anything, we need a scoring big man.

As mentioned, neither of these players excite me. I think it would be a mistake to bring one or both of them in.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:51 am
ChicagoTom wrote:As mentioned, neither of these players excite me. I think it would be a mistake to bring one or both of them in.

Nah, if we can get rid of Murphy for one of them and a expirer it'd be a great trade... Keep in mind that we can benefit from a trade in several ways, not only with the players we may get.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:16 am
ChicagoTom wrote:

I have never been all that impressed with either Perkins of Jefferson. Jefferson seems to be hurt every other week and when he does play, he is far from consistent. I do think he has more of an upside than Perkins.

In Perkins you get a player that has no offensive game. He is a rebounder and shot blocker which at this point is not what we need. If anything, we need a scoring big man.

As mentioned, neither of these players excite me. I think it would be a mistake to bring one or both of them in.

I thought that both would be better by now but these two are the types of big men (REAL BIG) that take time to develop and when they do, they should become near unstoppable.

Perkins hasn't loked like much of a scorer but he has had flashes of dominance when he wants to score. Both are just so strong and have nice skills already

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:25 am
TMC wrote:Nah, if we can get rid of Murphy for one of them and a expirer it'd be a great trade... Keep in mind that we can benefit from a trade in several ways, not only with the players we may get.

I guess the infamous "expirer" always makes for a good trade. Also, if Mullin does try to work a deal with the Celtics, he just might be able to fleece the Celtics and Danny Ainge.

Due to the fact that Isiah Thomas has been the conductor and gotten all the attention on the East coast for the train wreck that is the Knicks, Danny Ainge has been an awful general manager. He might be desperate for a deal and the Warriors just might be a team willing to make it happen.

As said before, I am more interested in Jefferson as Perkins reminds me of a younger, albeit, a bit quicker version of Adonal Foyle, which we do not need. However, I do think these two big guys are going to improve. How much they improve remains to be seen.

Thinking more about this, I do not think the Celtics would trade both of these guys. Perhaps one and a guard. A player that I think would flourish with the Warriors would be Tony Allen. He can run, jump, slash, play defense, get to the basket and play defense. I think he is a very underrated player in the league.

While on the Celtics, it was nice to Gerald Green fill it up with 21 points last night. I have no clue why a cruddy team like the Celtics continue to sit a player like Green who when given a chance I think will be a very good player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:08 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:A player that I think would flourish with the Warriors would be Tony Allen. He can run, jump, slash, play defense, get to the basket and play defense. I think he is a very underrated player in the league.

Absloutely. Allen looks like a nice solid player that could be a real contributor in the right situation.

As you said, he play defense and play defense :mrgreen: That he does do though

ChicagoTom wrote:While on the Celtics, it was nice to Gerald Green fill it up with 21 points last night. I have no clue why a cruddy team like the Celtics continue to sit a player like Green who when given a chance I think will be a very good player.

Doc Rivers has to be the one to blame because with Wally injured, Green should be getting alot of court time! He would be great to steal from the Celts

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads