Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2006-12-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors break their losing streak against the Rockets?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:37 am

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Embarrassing. We still have the 8th seed though. (if the Clippers and the Kings lose).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:24 pm
damn, we're in a tight spot :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:34 pm
Coming into the game, the team was leading the nba in FG% :shock:

This shows you what happens when you come back down to Earth! An outside shooting team will die more than it will live and the team has to drive more and play better defense and/or run and gun much more (difficult to do often).

The last two games have shown what good opposition defense does to the team!

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:43 pm
migya wrote:Coming into the game, the team was leading the nba in FG% :shock:

This shows you what happens when you come back down to Earth! An outside shooting team will die more than it will live and the team has to drive more and play better defense and/or run and gun much more (difficult to do often).

The last two games have shown what good opposition defense does to the team!

Yep, Migya, you are right, and you could have posted that exact same comment last year about a month later...Murphy will NOT post up, BD is back to his mr Hyde self and our only TRULY legitimate inside scorer has a bum ankle and a coach who never met a post-up player he ever liked...we shall see, we shall see...on the bright side, O Bryant showed some signs of life in garbage time. My question is: Which is the mirage? The BDless Ws who manhandled the Jazz and took the Spurs, the late game chokers against the Pacers and the Bucks, or the team that was ROLLED in texas the last 2 nights? :| :| :|

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:33 am
coltraning wrote:Which is the mirage? The BDless Ws who manhandled the Jazz and took the Spurs, the late game chokers against the Pacers and the Bucks, or the team that was ROLLED in texas the last 2 nights? :| :| :|

You'll probably fingd it's actually a bit of all three. The team is capable of actually blowing out most teams but also getting smashed. It is what is to be expected from a very young team = Inconsistency

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 am
maybe you are right. Charlie Rosen just ripped the living shiit out of them. Esp. Baron , but brutal on all, check out the article under news

ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:19 am
Where to begin with this one I really don't know. What is sad is that the last two games were over in the first quarter. In both games the Warriors got themselves down 20 and looked like brutal in the process.

A few observations:

1. I am not sure what has happened, but both Baron and Monta have for all intents and purposes quit driving to the basket. They are shooting threes or long-range jumpers which obviously does not help the FG%. For the Warriors to be successful, this team needs to get to the basket and get to the free throw line which has not been happening of late.

2. More with the offense, everyone is just standing around. No one is moving. Everything is all one-on-one. I did not get to listen to Fitz and Barnett the last two nights as the NBA League Pass had the San Antonio and Houston announcers, but both crews were talking about the Warriors just stnading around watching one another fire bad shot after bad shot up. The offense must get some flow and movement to it as this team is not good enough to beat any NBA team the way it has been run the last two games.

3. Where in the world is the defense?? I was puzzled that Nellie played straight up man-to-man to start the game last night. Yao just destroyed Andris in the first quarter. Then, after Yao leaves, Nellie went to a zone. That made no sense to me. I think he got things backwords. I would think the zone would have been better suited when Yao was in there and man against the Yao-less Rockets. Anyways, the defense was horrible again last night.

4. As mentioned in other posts, there is no leadership on the floor for this team. No one seemed to care or have any passion out there which is disappointing. I am not saying no one cared about losing these last two games, but looking at the player's faces, you could not really tell. Someone, preferably Baron, needs to lead this team in the right way. Not just chucking up bad shots, but getting the team's offense moving and the defense set.

Needless to say, I am disappointed with the last four games and two in particular. Saturday is a must win against the Hornets at home. Nellie and the Warriors have three full off days to get things right. They better do something in a hurry.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:33 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Where to begin with this one I really don't know. What is sad is that the last two games were over in the first quarter. In both games the Warriors got themselves down 20 and looked like brutal in the process.

A few observations:

1. I am not sure what has happened, but both Baron and Monta have for all intents and purposes quit driving to the basket. They are shooting threes or long-range jumpers which obviously does not help the FG%. For the Warriors to be successful, this team needs to get to the basket and get to the free throw line which has not been happening of late.

2. More with the offense, everyone is just standing around. No one is moving. Everything is all one-on-one. I did not get to listen to Fitz and Barnett the last two nights as the NBA League Pass had the San Antonio and Houston announcers, but both crews were talking about the Warriors just stnading around watching one another fire bad shot after bad shot up. The offense must get some flow and movement to it as this team is not good enough to beat any NBA team the way it has been run the last two games.

3. Where in the world is the defense?? I was puzzled that Nellie played straight up man-to-man to start the game last night. Yao just destroyed Andris in the first quarter. Then, after Yao leaves, Nellie went to a zone. That made no sense to me. I think he got things backwords. I would think the zone would have been better suited when Yao was in there and man against the Yao-less Rockets. Anyways, the defense was horrible again last night.

4. As mentioned in other posts, there is no leadership on the floor for this team. No one seemed to care or have any passion out there which is disappointing. I am not saying no one cared about losing these last two games, but looking at the player's faces, you could not really tell. Someone, preferably Baron, needs to lead this team in the right way. Not just chucking up bad shots, but getting the team's offense moving and the defense set.

Needless to say, I am disappointed with the last four games and two in particular. Saturday is a must win against the Hornets at home. Nellie and the Warriors have three full off days to get things right. They better do something in a hurry.

nice, post Chi-Tom. I agree with most of what you said. As for Nelson, let's face it, the dude is a quirky, brilliant coach who has never been known for defense. His scheme against Yao made zero sense. The other excellent point is that Baron and Monta were just chucking instead of driving. Part of that is Houston has such good transition D (like all Van Gundy teams - he's the anti-Nelson, all D,slow the offense down) they couldn't get running and breaking, whichis when BD and Monta do a lot of their driving. I still believe the real Ws are somewhere in the middle, neither the giant killers who beat Spurs and Jazz at home, nor the group that looked like the worst team in the league in texas. we will have a good sense on Saturday. A lot depends on which Baron shows up.

ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:39 pm
I have been disappointed with Baron's play as of lately. It's always been me-ball. He's the best when creating off the dribble, yet he tends to keep the ball after he creates. One-on-one is his game, that's all he's been pretty much been doing. Jack up a jump shot on one end and brick, then let his opponent hit one in his face. Baron has been lazy, it's like he's scared to take it to the hole. I have yet to see him take it to the hole more than jack up a a jump shot during this losing streak. If he's struggling, drive the ball down the lane. We do not need Baron to put up 30 points a night, we need Baron to put up 10+ assists and become the leader he was appointed to be.
Previous

Return to Game Threads