Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonion Spurs 2006-12-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the Spurs two in a row?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:31 am

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:28 am
Damn I'm always right called it even before the game started!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:36 am
J-Rich wrote:Damn I'm always right called it even before the game started!!!

You... and the rest of the board. This game had more people sure of a loss than any other I've ever seen.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:39 am
No I called a blowout not just a loss!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:00 am
You know it's a rough night when the 12th man at the end of their bench goes for 10 points against ya.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:but Foyle was on fire :mrgreen:

Maybe he'll burn to death and that'll create some salarycap room :mrgreen:

Wouldn't work. Stern is a mean and witty guy. He's guaranteed contracts to the vets EVEN for those improbable events. :mrgreen:

lol :mrgreen:
this time, last year, the Ws were 12-6, now they are 9-9. Of course Biedrins and Ellis are vastly better and Pietrus is also improved, but on the down side, J Rich is hurt and who knows what is up with him. NONETHELESS, it is only 1 game, and if you take this eyesore out, the Ws have been in or won every game they have been in since the Utah blowout in game 3...they still could be plausibly 14-4 and I do not believe that San Antonio is 40 points better than them...it's like the cocky freshman beat the team captain in one on one, and now the team captain is sending a message to the whole school in the rematch. like last year, December is the crucial month. I predicted they would be 17-15 by 2007 and I will stck with that. They will be on the bubble of an 8th seed if they can do that, which is a realistic assessment of where they are, talent-wise. They do need a somewhat healthy JRich and they need Ike back, as those two, along with BD and Monta, draw more fouls and get to the line more than the rest of the team, and JRich is also probably the best 3 point shooter on the team. I am not shocked Cladden, that they are chucking up more 3s - the shooting percentage is not bad, but they really need some kind of inside presence...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:03 am
coltraning wrote:I am not shocked Cladden, that they are chucking up more 3s - the shooting percentage is not bad, but they really need some kind of inside presence...

I'm also not surprised about that. Our main scorers are all outside players. Our (supposedly) PF goes out to shoot. Biedrins, who has a range of 2 inches, is the only exception. Ike, who would be our main option to score inside, is injured... Add to that that this team LOVES to shoot from the outside.

I'd be surprised if it were the other way around...
Previous

Return to Game Threads