Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonion Spurs 2006-12-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the Spurs two in a row?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:31 am

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:48 pm
Well the game is pretty much over, get ready for some POB.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 pm
This game is a disgrace. Losing by 30 in the third. I say rest the starters let some of the guys who dont see much time get in. Were gonna need everything we have tomorrow to have a chance against the rockets.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:05 pm
Not the best game i've seen
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 pm
Haha, this game was a disgrace to the Warriors... better yet, to modern civilization. NO ONE besides Roberson and a little Dunleavy produced (Barnes was OK). It was a joke to watch. Here's to hoping we win against Houston (jeez that was a downer).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:41 pm
Didn't watch the game because I thought it was at 7:30. But I'm glad I didn't because I don't think I'd be in the mood to see what happened. And I don't plan on watching it either, just looking at the box score and the score itself shows what I need to see. Hopefully the Warriors can bounce back against Houston because this is starting to look like last year's beginning season performance.

Go Warriors.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:48 pm
John Patrick wrote:Haha, this game was a disgrace to the Warriors... better yet, to modern civilization. NO ONE besides Roberson and a little Dunleavy produced (Barnes was OK). It was a joke to watch. Here's to hoping we win against Houston (jeez that was a downer).

This looks more like the team missing arguably it's best player and best inside player (JRich and Diogu). The Spurs seemed like they were on fire, hitting so many shots.

They have to take it to the basket more against the Rockets!

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:49 pm
but Foyle was on fire :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:53 pm
coltraning wrote:but Foyle was on fire :mrgreen:

Maybe he'll burn to death and that'll create some salarycap room :mrgreen:

Nah, he played alright and should get more minutes in some games

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:29 pm
predicition: warriors lose by 40, 129-89

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Im not too surprised we got killed. The last to games we really havent been playing that well. SA was looking to avenge their loss to us earlier and it was on their home court. I hate to say it but it seems like we were playing better without baron.

Its gonna be tough without j-rich and its looking like we really need diogu back Murphy is doing squat. Even when he scored 28 against the bucks why the hell is a 4 taking that many threes?

The last thing this team needs is threes, shot selection was our downfall last year and the reason we had been playing so well early on this season is because we are getting to the rim much more and our shooting percentages are up.

Lets hope j-rich is back to close to 100% after this rest and ike gets back soon because we need them.

Gotta keep the faith though even if we do lose tomorrow Its still early and ya we have a big road trip coming up but most of it is against the east (or should I say the least).
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Im not too surprised we got killed. The last to games we really havent been playing that well. SA was looking to avenge their loss to us earlier and it was on their home court. I hate to say it but it seems like we were playing better without baron.

Its gonna be tough without j-rich and its looking like we really need diogu back Murphy is doing squat. Even when he scored 28 against the bucks why the hell is a 4 taking that many threes?

The last thing this team needs is threes, shot selection was our downfall last year and the reason we had been playing so well early on this season is because we are getting to the rim much more and our shooting percentages are up.

Lets hope j-rich is back to close to 100% after this rest and ike gets back soon because we need them.

Gotta keep the faith though even if we do lose tomorrow Its still early and ya we have a big road trip coming up but most of it is against the east (or should I say the least).

amen, brother, and I think anyone who takes a 3 that isn't open should be benched
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:42 am
coltraning wrote:
Dubs4life wrote:Im not too surprised we got killed. The last to games we really havent been playing that well. SA was looking to avenge their loss to us earlier and it was on their home court. I hate to say it but it seems like we were playing better without baron.

amen, brother, and I think anyone who takes a 3 that isn't open should be benched

According to Fitz (and he knows his numbers) we are shooting more threes this year than we were last year.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:49 am
cladden wrote:
coltraning wrote:

According to Fitz (and he knows his numbers) we are shooting more threes this year than we were last year.

22.34/game last year
23.31/game this year

On the other hand we shoot them better this year. 36% vs 34%.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:17 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:but Foyle was on fire :mrgreen:

Maybe he'll burn to death and that'll create some salarycap room :mrgreen:

Wouldn't work. Stern is a mean and witty guy. He's guaranteed contracts to the vets EVEN for those improbable events. :mrgreen:

btw, about the game, my only thought is this: Thank god is over.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:22 am
Bad, bad game for the Warriors. Definitely their worst of the season. Quite simply the Warriors zone defense was picked apart and the Warriors could not hit a shot in the first quarter to save their lives.

It is tough enough playing the Spurs on the road, but going down 20 in the first quarter definitely was not the start all of us were hoping for.

As I was telling my wife last night, it is important that over the course of the next seven days that the Warriors straighten this out. I do not expect them to win tonight, but on Saturday against the Hornets I expect a win and the game on Sunday at Seattle will be a big test. If the Warriors can salvage two of their next three I will feel good about things.

It is really early to start talking playoffs, but with the Western Conference so deep and strong, it is vitally important for the Warriors to hang around and remain in contact with that last playoff spot during the season. Playing the way they are now will go a long way in making sure they do not make the playoffs.

I hope someone or a number of people on this team help the youngsters forget about last nights game and just move on. This team has talent, but Nellie must help them maximize that talent on the court. Leadership is needed in a hurry on the court!!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads