havent seen a bigger reason to trade now

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:22 pm
John Patrick wrote:Definitely no on trading J-Rich or Baron! It's ridiculous, if Monta pans out (which is still not for sure), he'll be only on the same level as them! No. Trade Murphy or Dunleavy or even Foyle (doubtful).

how do you figure? at monta's age, baron or jrich couldnt hold his jock.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:11 pm
#32 wrote:If Murphy loses the mask and STILL only averaged 6 rebounds a game, I'll agree with you. But I still think that mask bugs him in a MAJOR way. You see whenever the Warriors call a timeout? He can't wait to claw that mask off his face! Murphy takes the mask off almost immediately whenever the buzzer sounds; he doesn't even wait to leave the court, most of the time. I seriously can see it bugging him, so why wouldn't it effect his game?

If the mask really is upsetting him then yes, it is a real factor in his performances so far this season but I still don't see him being ahead of Diogu and Biedrins and that is the real issue here - Murphy's contract is too much for a guy that should be coming off the bench playing 20 minutes a game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:If Murphy loses the mask and STILL only averaged 6 rebounds a game, I'll agree with you. But I still think that mask bugs him in a MAJOR way. You see whenever the Warriors call a timeout? He can't wait to claw that mask off his face! Murphy takes the mask off almost immediately whenever the buzzer sounds; he doesn't even wait to leave the court, most of the time. I seriously can see it bugging him, so why wouldn't it effect his game?

If the mask really is upsetting him then yes, it is a real factor in his performances so far this season but I still don't see him being ahead of Diogu and Biedrins and that is the real issue here - Murphy's contract is too much for a guy that should be coming off the bench playing 20 minutes a game

It's not the mask. He has become a player that only works on his strong points (like outside shooting), instead of working on his weaknesses (like lack of inside game). That makes him a liability. He'll have good numbers 'cos there are several things he does well... but, long term, Murph's hurting the team more than helping.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:03 pm
I think this is all just opinion, at this point. Several players have thrived under Nelson (Monta, Baron, Andris, Mickael, Dunleavy, ect).

Troy Murphy's game should be judged when he's at 100%. As long as that mask is on his face, he's not at full speed. Unless you wanna start saying that Richardson has fallen off, I suggest we not judge players on their performance while they're injured. Murphy's nose may not be hurting as much anymore, but the mask does as much damage to his game as anything else ever has.

Once the mask is off, you can fairly judge him. But not until then.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:50 pm
#32 wrote:I think this is all just opinion, at this point. Several players have thrived under Nelson (Monta, Baron, Andris, Mickael, Dunleavy, ect).

Troy Murphy's game should be judged when he's at 100%. As long as that mask is on his face, he's not at full speed. Unless you wanna start saying that Richardson has fallen off, I suggest we not judge players on their performance while they're injured. Murphy's nose may not be hurting as much anymore, but the mask does as much damage to his game as anything else ever has.

Once the mask is off, you can fairly judge him. But not until then.

I dunno. Looking at his Bucks game, it seems he did pretty well, even with shooting.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:49 pm
#32 wrote:I think this is all just opinion, at this point. Several players have thrived under Nelson (Monta, Baron, Andris, Mickael, Dunleavy, ect).

dude, what dunleavy's doing is thriving???? :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:04 am
coltraning wrote:

dude, what dunleavy's doing is thriving???? :shock:

Just take dun's name off that list and it is right! :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:09 pm
No, no... Dunleavy looks beautiful to me riding the bench. 8)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:31 pm
#32 wrote:No, no... Dunleavy looks beautiful to me riding the bench. 8)

Can't argue with that! But in a reduced role he is fine.
Previous

Return to Trades