Game Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ Warriors 2006-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Bucks?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:45 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 9

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:53 pm
yes we lost again.... unbelievable..... :banghead:
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:54 pm
I hate tosay it, but Baron has been awful these last two games back. Terrible shot selection - that three and all those fallaways - has killed us. What an awful couple of loses. Just heartbreaking, giving up the lead at home.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:56 pm
worse game they've played all year.

I agree about B diddy, too much dribbling and then a pass with the shot clock running down. I don't know why Nelly had em playing zone all game vs a good 3pt shooting team. It yielded a bunch of 3's and Bucks offensive rebounds. Warriors D sucked this game. Just a poopy game.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Dunleavey did not score??? holy moly.... 20 minutes and did not do anything, and there is Roberson who played 7 minutes had 13...AMAZING

Monta needs to take care of the ball better again, 5 turnovers...

Does anyone know when Ike is back?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Michael Redd is great, Mo Williams is decent (for now), and all their other guards should shampoo my crotch.

That won't get rid of the rash #32 :mrgreen:

Are you speaking from experience? :wink: :mrgreen:

Just an educated man and one that just wants to help out a man who is suffering :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:21 pm
Another bad, last minute loss! The boys have got to look at this and learn from it and put teams away! These last two games show how lackluster the team can be at winning a game when they need to. Just hope they don't drop their heads and start playing bad!

Both Pietrus and dun did fukall today! Guys like Barnes and Robertson should have got more minutes with these two playing like garbage!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:28 am
no doubt Murphy had a good game, but what the hell is the PF doing taking 9 3s? and getting to the line only twice? I know he made 5 and that's great, but one of the jobs of the PF is to get some fouls on the other bigs, something a fella named Diogu does very well when he is playing. I wish to God Murphy played like a POWER forward, not a FLOWER forward. And can someone explain Roberson getting 7 minutes when he gets 13 points/2 steals in that time and Dung getting 19 with zero??? I really need to know what naked pics he has of nelson and mullin, it's the only explanation. Is there some weird love shack thing with Nellie, Mully, Dung, Barnett, Fitz and janny Hu? Jrich needs to rest, he is just not there right now. Biedrins,MOnta and Baron all had fine games...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:09 am
We are currently 1-5 when games are decided by 4 points or less. That just goes to show we are still the same team from last in terms of not being able to close the gap. The Warriors should be 11-6 instead of 9-8. I think the Warriors played much different ball without Baron. More players contributed, and they played much better. They chose the right shots, playing better defensively and handling the ball better. Don't know what's up, but the Warriors better correct their playing style when Baron is in the lineup because I'm starting to take notice Baron changes the whole team in a way that seems to be hurting them late in games.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 am
Monta made a couple of mistakes down the stretch too and Roberson didint return because he injured his hand :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:15 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:doc's ban??? what happened?

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3028&start=15

Everything is explained starting at the end of the second page and the next one... That way, we'll save the time to explain it all again.

coltraning wrote:no doubt Murphy had a good game, but what the hell is the PF doing taking 9 3s? and getting to the line only twice? I know he made 5 and that's great, but one of the jobs of the PF is to get some fouls on the other bigs, something a fella named Diogu does very well when he is playing. I wish to God Murphy played like a POWER forward, not a FLOWER forward. And can someone explain Roberson getting 7 minutes when he gets 13 points/2 steals in that time and Dung getting 19 with zero??? I really need to know what naked pics he has of nelson and mullin, it's the only explanation. Is there some weird love shack thing with Nellie, Mully, Dung, Barnett, Fitz and janny Hu? Jrich needs to rest, he is just not there right now. Biedrins,MOnta and Baron all had fine games...

Murphy is killing us. Even when he has good numbers, he's hurting the team. The PF cannot shoot 9 3s... hell, at the third attempt he should go straight to the bench... Ditto for Dun (but without the good numbers, which makes it even worse).

About Roberson... I also think he should have gotten more minutes. He was scoring, shooting well... I mean, what else can you do in seven minutes?. Why not play more a guy that's doing well?

#32 wrote:Michael Redd is great, Mo Williams is decent (for now), and all their other guards should shampoo my crotch.

Still feel the same, #32? :wink:

I told you Charlie Bell was underrated... I've always like him, and can't understand why he wasn't given a chance before. He's way better than half the starters of the league at his position.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:37 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:We are currently 1-5 when games are decided by 4 points or less. That just goes to show we are still the same team from last in terms of not being able to close the gap. The Warriors should be 11-6 instead of 9-8. I think the Warriors played much different ball without Baron. More players contributed, and they played much better. They chose the right shots, playing better defensively and handling the ball better. Don't know what's up, but the Warriors better correct their playing style when Baron is in the lineup because I'm starting to take notice Baron changes the whole team in a way that seems to be hurting them late in games.

potentially, the Ws could be 14-3 right now if they won all 6 close games...they will want those 5 back at the end of the year
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:09 am
coltraning wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:We are currently 1-5 when games are decided by 4 points or less. That just goes to show we are still the same team from last in terms of not being able to close the gap. The Warriors should be 11-6 instead of 9-8. I think the Warriors played much different ball without Baron. More players contributed, and they played much better. They chose the right shots, playing better defensively and handling the ball better. Don't know what's up, but the Warriors better correct their playing style when Baron is in the lineup because I'm starting to take notice Baron changes the whole team in a way that seems to be hurting them late in games.

potentially, the Ws could be 14-3 right now if they won all 6 close games...they will want those 5 back at the end of the year

What's done is done and the team just has to learn from this and get better. Getting to the foul line (though they shoot badly) is the best thing at the end of games and something the athletes like Monta and Baron should be doing

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 am
Very disappointing loss on Saturday night. Eerily reminded me of the Pacers game from Wednesday night. The Warriors were in control of this game almost the entire way yet could not find a way to put the Bucks away and they paid for it.

Yes, the offense sputtered a bit at the end, but the bottom line is that the Warriors need to get better defensively. Giving up over 110 points is unacceptable. I know they still could have won giving up that many points, but to beat some of the better teams as they will face tonight and tomorrow in San Antonio and Houston, defense will have to be played and played well if the Warriors have any hopes of winning.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:16 pm
TMC wrote:

Still feel the same, #32? :wink:

Yes.

Mo Williams went a pathetic 3-of-19 (missing his first 12 shots of the game!).

Michael Redd was clearly nuetralized. Bullshit foul calls (ending up with him getting an incredibly generous 17 free throw attempts) are the only thing that salvaged his box score reputation. Anyone who watched the game knows Redd was not a factor; in fact, minus the free throws, he would have only scored 11 points (going 1-for-5 beyond the arc).

Steve Blake played decently. Like I said, he's the team's best passer (which is a sad thing). 6 assists in 17 minutes. It took Williams 20 more minutes to beat out Blake by one dime. Whoopie.

The only out-of-the-ordinary thing was Charlie Bell (who had a career game). And anytime somebody who averages 10 PPG drops 30 on you, it's always the defense's fault. Always.

The Warriors dropped this game; Milwaukee didn't take it. The Bucks beat the Warriors 3 minutes of the entire contest... and still get the W. That's highway robbery.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:45 am
#32 wrote:The only out-of-the-ordinary thing was Charlie Bell (who had a career game). And anytime somebody who averages 10 PPG drops 30 on you, it's always the defense's fault. Always.

I don't really agree. Bell has just dropped 23 on the praised Jazz defense. I've just seen him do it too many times to think it's a concidence or that it was just a career-night fluke.

People said the same thing last season when he started playing big minutes, and started delivering great lines (including several double-doubles and a triple-double).

In other words, Charlie Bell is not only one of the most underrated scorers of the NBA... he's a basketball god. :mrgreen:

Nah, really... this is the kind of player we should go after as our backup to Baron. It's hard to believe he's playing for just $744,551...

(btw, and to explain this, I'm terribly biased towards this guy. I've been lucky enough to see him play for a full season in Spain, and he's been the most exciting player I can remember playing here since Darrell Armstrong. I know for certain that he's much better than people gives him credit for.)
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads