Total votes : 7

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:41 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Starting Five:
C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Carmelo Anthony (because he has been great and will be hyped alot)
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Bench
Chris Paul (PG/G)
Carlos Boozer (PF/F)
Ray Allen (SG)
Dirk Nowitski (PF/F)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Amare Stoudemire (C/F)
Elton Brand (PF/F)

You think the West will put 5 backup PF's on the bench...? :oops:

Even though Carmelo's played far better than McGrady, who will get more votes? T-Mac is the popular choice, thats why he starts. Carmelo will be on the bench.

After that, our teams are identical... except you'd pick Amare and I'd pick Baron. My problem with Amare is that the team already has 5 post-playing big men on it (Yao, Garnett, Boozer, Nowitski, Duncan). You even think Elton Brand will make the team (putting the post players at 6).

Like I said, with the season Carmelo is having, he'll get more popular this season and will be a starter.

You make a very good point about the excess in bigs and though it certainly looks that way, these are the most highly ranked forwards in the West right now! TMac just hasn't done enough so far, though he has player the role of distributor well. Hopefully Baron will make it but the team has got to be in the top 8, if not top 6 and he has to be playing like he has so far

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:55 am
migya wrote:You make a very good point about the excess in bigs and though it certainly looks that way, these are the most highly ranked forwards in the West right now!

Although the west team usually goes with an excess of bigs. It wouldn't be different from other years, when Gasol and Dirk were listed as C or SF due to the amount of PFs on the team.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball