yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes : 7

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:45 pm
What do you guys think about Andris Biedrins making the Allstar team this year? I think Andris Biedrins is the second best center in the west right now Andris Biedrins AVERAGES 11.1 points around 10 rebound a game and averages 2.80 blocks a game. I belive the only guy that is better then that in the west is Yao ming.So I think that Andris Biedrins is
going to be an allstar unless something bad happen to him.
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:57 pm
Stoudemire and Okur would be selected as all-star centers before Biedrins.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:46 am
wont happen,and shouldnt........yet.I love his game as much as any warrior fan,but are 11-10 really All Star numbers?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:12 am
Given how bad the center position is filled, he has a chance... although it's going to be tough. Yao is a lock to start... and the way he's playing, Amare will be the other center.

Biedrins needs to have better scoring numbers if he wants to go... and I don't know if he'll be involved in the offense enough to do it.

Still, due to his defensive impact, he should go above Okur. That's for sure. Only Amare is in his way.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:41 am
TMC wrote:Given how bad the center position is filled, he has a chance... although it's going to be tough. Yao is a lock to start... and the way he's playing, Amare will be the other center.

Biedrins needs to have better scoring numbers if he wants to go... and I don't know if he'll be involved in the offense enough to do it.

Still, due to his defensive impact, he should go above Okur. That's for sure. Only Amare is in his way.

Amare will get allstar but Biedrins will probably be the third best Center by the allstar game. He may not get allstar but he is very valuable to the team :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm
I think that when EVEN Steve Kerr is taking notice, the league's starting to see the talent.

Yao is the lock, Amare might be on the bench as a PF, so Biedrins is not a total impossibility...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:47 pm
#32 wrote:I think that when EVEN Steve Kerr is taking notice, the league's starting to see the talent.

Yao is the lock, Amare might be on the bench as a PF, so Biedrins is not a total impossibility...

Amare will go as center. There are a lot more options at PF, and probably coaches would rather bring another player as backup PF. The did the same thing last season when Gasol was the backup center...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:26 pm
I agree - Yao and Amare will be the centers, and that is right. Still, to be the 3rd best center in the West at 20 years old is wonderful
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:23 pm
I think the teams will probably end up being:

C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Tracy McGrady
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

6 - Chris Paul (PG)
7 - Carlos Boozer (PF)
8 - Ray Allen (SG)
9 - Dirk Nowitski (PF)
10 - Tim Duncan (C)
11 - Carmelo Anthony (SF)
12 - Baron Davis (PG) [-o<

Boozer should make the starting lineup, but too many middle school kids vote for KG. After that, I think Dirk barely nudges out Elton Brand so far this year (and they won't have more than 3 PF's). Chris Paul is also a popular choice, so he'll make it. I doubt Amare will beat out Duncan for the center spot. Kirilenko and Gasol will both be injured. And if Baron keeps playing like he has been, there's no reason any coach in the world would write him off. The backup SF comes down to Artest versus Melo... and I think Artest will get left out, due to his history.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:28 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:I think that when EVEN Steve Kerr is taking notice, the league's starting to see the talent.

Amare will go as center. There are a lot more options at PF, and probably coaches would rather bring another player as backup PF. The did the same thing last season when Gasol was the backup center...

That's right. With all the great PFs in the West and Amare playing Center for the Suns, he will be the bench Center for the West

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:41 pm
#32 wrote:I think the teams will probably end up being:

C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Tracy McGrady
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

6 - Chris Paul (PG)
7 - Carlos Boozer (PF)
8 - Ray Allen (SG)
9 - Dirk Nowitski (PF)
10 - Tim Duncan (C)
11 - Carmelo Anthony (SF)
12 - Baron Davis (PG) [-o<

Boozer should make the starting lineup, but too many middle school kids vote for KG. After that, I think Dirk barely nudges out Elton Brand so far this year (and they won't have more than 3 PF's). Chris Paul is also a popular choice, so he'll make it. I doubt Amare will beat out Duncan for the center spot. Kirilenko and Gasol will both be injured. And if Baron keeps playing like he has been, there's no reason any coach in the world would write him off. The backup SF comes down to Artest versus Melo... and I think Artest will get left out, due to his history.

I see it like this going by what has happened so far this season:

Starting Five:
C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Carmelo Anthony (because he has been great and will be hyped alot)
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Bench
Chris Paul (PG/G)
Carlos Boozer (PF/F)
Ray Allen (SG)
Dirk Nowitski (PF/F)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Amare Stoudemire (C/F)
Elton Brand (PF/F)

I reckon TMac will not make it because he has not been the scoring machine he usually is this season and so he will not be picked ahead of Carmelo by the fans and the coaches won't pick him ahead of all the other players available, not with the Rockets not being a top 3 team. Baron has been great but I don't think he will keep it up, still will be very good but not as good as he has been and he is not as popular as some others and the team is not that great so far, good but not great. An outside chance of making it is Odom because he has been very good and the Lakers are winning alot, with him being a major reason why. Marion is always a chance with the Suns being so good and him still doing his thing. Artest has been inconsistent and not as good as the other forwars of the West so he should not make it.

Carmelo is the one that has been unbelievable and he should be hyped enough to get the votes from the fans ahead of Duncan and Dirk

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:34 am
migya wrote:Starting Five:
C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Bench
Chris Paul (PG/G)
Carlos Boozer (PF/F)
Ray Allen (SG)
Dirk Nowitski (PF/F)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Amare Stoudemire (C/F)
Elton Brand (PF/F)

I agree with this team... except that T-Mac will go instead of Elton Brand. Maybe he doesn't deserve it as much, but he has a lot more cred than him. He'll be picked unless he's injured. The other option would be instead of Ray Allen... Also, I don't think there will be three PGs in the west, so Baron won't have it easy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 pm
migya wrote:Starting Five:
C - Yao Ming
PF - Kevin Garnett
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Bench
Chris Paul (PG/G)
Carlos Boozer (PF/F)
Ray Allen (SG)
Dirk Nowitski (PF/F)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Amare Stoudemire (C/F)
Elton Brand (PF/F)

You think the West will put 5 backup PF's on the bench...? :oops:

Even though Carmelo's played far better than McGrady, who will get more votes? T-Mac is the popular choice, thats why he starts. Carmelo will be on the bench.

After that, our teams are identical... except you'd pick Amare and I'd pick Baron. My problem with Amare is that the team already has 5 post-playing big men on it (Yao, Garnett, Boozer, Nowitski, Duncan). You even think Elton Brand will make the team (putting the post players at 6). At that rate, I doubt any coach would bring in another big man to pair with only 4 guards (Bryant, Nash, Paul, and Allen). Its just simple math. Too many cheifs and not enough indians.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:24 pm
I thought each squad is aloud two backups per position besides maybe one or two of 'em.

Baron is can have an all star year if he keeps up the solid play. The only thing that will penalize him is how the Warriors are doing before the all star break. That will most likely be the reason if Baron does not make it.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:06 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I thought each squad is aloud two backups per position besides maybe one or two of 'em.

Baron is can have an all star year if he keeps up the solid play. The only thing that will penalize him is how the Warriors are doing before the all star break. That will most likely be the reason if Baron does not make it.

It's the sad truth... same thing happened to J-Rich last year.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball