Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2006-11-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their winning ways against the Pacers?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:20 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:if you ask me, i think the simple truth is a boy who is 2 years out of high school, and has the ability to take over a game in the 4th quarter is a special talent. the maturity, the poise, i mean are you kidding? i cant wait until they start letting him take game deciding shots. he doesnt get a chance because we have baron and jrich. baron is good, but richardson,, i can count with like 3 fingers how many clutch game deciding shots hes made. baron did that last season alone? at least 2 anyway. what im saying is ellis has got the drop on all these foos and he will prove it in time.

You're not wrong... but what if Nelly ran the last shot to him and he missed? Like you said, he's only 2-years outta high school. A veteran can miss and shake it off the next night. Young kids are more fragile. I don't think Nelly's coddling Monta; but I don't think he wants to set him up to fail either.

I'd much prefer Monta taking bigger shots next year, after he's got a full season of starting minutes in the NBA under his belt. The expectations for this kid are astronomical. Lets just let him be Baron and Jason's sidekick this year... if he wants to turn into the franchise down the road, let him do it at his own pace. I still think it's too early to completely put the team on his shoulders.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:36 pm
#32 wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:if you ask me, i think the simple truth is a boy who is 2 years out of high school, and has the ability to take over a game in the 4th quarter is a special talent. the maturity, the poise, i mean are you kidding? i cant wait until they start letting him take game deciding shots. he doesnt get a chance because we have baron and jrich. baron is good, but richardson,, i can count with like 3 fingers how many clutch game deciding shots hes made. baron did that last season alone? at least 2 anyway. what im saying is ellis has got the drop on all these foos and he will prove it in time.

You're not wrong... but what if Nelly ran the last shot to him and he missed? Like you said, he's only 2-years outta high school. A veteran can miss and shake it off the next night. Young kids are more fragile. I don't think Nelly's coddling Monta; but I don't think he wants to set him up to fail either.

I'd much prefer Monta taking bigger shots next year, after he's got a full season of starting minutes in the NBA under his belt. The expectations for this kid are astronomical. Lets just let him be Baron and Jason's sidekick this year... if he wants to turn into the franchise down the road, let him do it at his own pace. I still think it's too early to completely put the team on his shoulders.

Yeah I agree here... I'd rather first choice have J-Rich take the last shot but Baron is next option. It was just the matter of taking the stupid shot. Need to try and drive next time.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:29 pm
#32 wrote:

i see where you're coming from you have a good point. he is probably too inexperienced to take on the last shot role... im just giddy because he is way to good for his age!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm
coltraning wrote:I would like to see the ball in Monta's hands when he and Baron are in the game - Baron is fantastic off the ball, and the team seems to thrive when Monta brings it up and Baron can post or cut

It's working right now and so it should continue. The running game thrives eith these tow guys on the court at the same time with Pietrus and Biedrins

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads