Game Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ Warriors 2006-12-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back against the Bucks?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:45 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 9

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:45 am
Milwaukee Bucks (5-9) @ Golden State Warriors (9-7)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle

ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Milwaukee Bucks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Mo Williams
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Charlie Bell
PF - Ruben Patterson
C - Andrew Bogut

Team leaders Last Season
PPG - B. Davis (20.7) | M. Redd (30.4)
RPG - A. Biedrins (10.1) | C. Villanueva (7.4)
APG - B. Davis (7.9) | M. Williams (6.1)
SPG - B. Davis (2.2) | M. Redd (1.6)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.9) | D. Gadzuric (0.7)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:22 am
The frontline has to shrug off the bad performance last game and that should happen.

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:32 am
I like the Bucks. I think their roster (with everyone healthy) should be good enough to be a top 5 team in the east.

On the other side, I consider Terry Stotts as one of the top 3 worst coaches in the whole NBA.

W's by 10.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:39 am
I like the Bucks. I think their roster (with everyone healthy) should be good enough to be a top 5 team in the east.

On the other side, I consider Terry Stotts as one of the top 3 worst coaches in the whole NBA.

W's by 10.

What he said.... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:46 am
I don't like the way the Bucks lineup is structured.

Especially since they packaged off their best point guard for ANOTHER big in the offseason. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. That being said, they've been playing pretty hot lately.

Warriors by 20.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 am
#32 wrote:I don't like the way the Bucks lineup is structured.

Especially since they packaged off their best point guard for ANOTHER big in the offseason. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. That being said, they've been playing pretty hot lately.

What are you talking about. They have two bigs starting (Villa and Bogut) and other two from the bench (Gadzuric and Ilyasova). That's exactly how a team should be build.

In fact, if anything, they don't have a backup SG (as Charlie Bell and Mo Williams are more PGs), but, other than that, the roster is pretty balanced.

And I've never been a big fan of TJ Ford. He's good, yeah... but not that good. I'd do the trade for Villa without blinking.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:24 am
The Bucks are paying 6 huge guys right now. Andrew Bogut (C), Brian Skinner (C), Charlie Villanueva (F), Dan Gadzuric (C), Ersan Ilyasova (F), and Damir Markota (F-C).

They are doing to pivot men what the Hawks have done to wingmen. There's no sense in only collecting one position. And it's been that way for the past 2 years! Joe Smith, Jamaal Magloire, Ervin Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Daniel Santiago, Calvin Booth, - and I'm sure there's more I can't remember - have all played for the Bucks since 2004! Its a joke! Stop collecting big men and buy yourself a more capable SF than Bobby Simmons or Ruben Patterson! Go get a REAL point guard (one who shoots over 30% from the arc... and averages more than 4 assists per game on his career).

Until the Bucks stop simply shifting around big men on their roster and do something with another position, I'm not gonna like how they're structured. Michael Redd is great, Mo Williams is decent (for now), and all their other guards should shampoo my crotch. Its a REAL sad thing when Steve Blake averages the most assists-per-minute on your squad. :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 am
#32 wrote:The Bucks are paying 6 huge guys right now. Andrew Bogut (C), Brian Skinner (C), Charlie Villanueva (F), Dan Gadzuric (C), Ersan Ilyasova (F), and Damir Markota (F-C).

It's funny. The salaries of all those guys added are less than we're paying to Murph and Dun... :wink:

btw, Skinner was not a signing of theirs, but a filler in the Magloire trade. He's a expirer at the end of this season. Bogut, Villa, Ilyasova and Markota are in their rookie contracts (Murphy alone has a bigger contract than those four together)... so the only bad contract they have is Gadzuric. And it happens to be three millions less than Foyle. :wink:

In other words, they have their inside men signed for a value of, roughly, $19 million. We have our inside guys signed for $23 million...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:32 am
w's will bounce back. no doubt. redd has been on fire of late though.

Warriors by 7
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:49 am
d1mex wrote:redd has been on fire of late though.

For fantasy reasons, I hope Redd drops 60 on us... but we win by 1 on a bad call by the refs. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:The Bucks are paying 6 huge guys right now. Andrew Bogut (C), Brian Skinner (C), Charlie Villanueva (F), Dan Gadzuric (C), Ersan Ilyasova (F), and Damir Markota (F-C).

It's funny. The salaries of all those guys added are less than we're paying to Murph and Dun... :wink:

btw, Skinner was not a signing of theirs, but a filler in the Magloire trade. He's a expirer at the end of this season. Bogut, Villa, Ilyasova and Markota are in their rookie contracts (Murphy alone has a bigger contract than those four together)... so the only bad contract they have is Gadzuric. And it happens to be three millions less than Foyle. :wink:

In other words, they have their inside men signed for a value of, roughly, $19 million. We have our inside guys signed for $23 million...

The amount of money wasn't the point.

What in God's name do you need to swing around 12 huge guys for (in only 2 years, no less)?

As I said before, they're doing to giants what Atlanta's doing to wingmen. I don't believe in simply collecting one or two positions. You need all 5 (or at least 4) to win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:27 pm
#32 wrote:The amount of money wasn't the point.

What in God's name do you need to swing around 12 huge guys for (in only 2 years, no less)?

As I said before, they're doing to giants what Atlanta's doing to wingmen. I don't believe in simply collecting one or two positions. You need all 5 (or at least 4) to win.

There's no other point. They're set. They moved Magloire 'cos he didn't fit their plans and now are set on Villa and Bogut starting and Ilyasova from the bench.

Anyway you look at it, they've done an impressive work there. They're one of the few teams that are completely set inside.

btw, you can never have enough bigs. If we lose Biedrins now, we're back to the lottery... if they lose Bogut, Gadzuric can give them 60% of what Bogut is.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:32 pm
Bigs are valuable, I agree, but you need guards too. Michael Redd is their only above-average little guy. That's not good.

The Washington Bullets/Wizards had an amazing front court in the mid-90's, featuring Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and George Muerusan... but their only guard was Rod Strictland. For that reason, they were continually a first-round exit.

Even though big men win championships, you're gonna have a helluva time getting there with only one short guy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:30 pm
#32 wrote:Bigs are valuable, I agree, but you need guards too. Michael Redd is their only above-average little guy. That's not good.

True, although I like the rest of the team, too (Bobby Simmons is a good player, ditto Mo Williams... and Charlie Bell is underrated). Only Redd is a star, true, but they'll have around $15 million available under the cap next season... they're in a wonderful position to sign someone that helps them before having to re-sign Bogut and Villa.

They're building the right way. Maybe they're just keeping Stotts to have a better position in the next draft before going for the big signing. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:50 pm
Milwaukee is another ex-Nelson team, so I have to imagine he will have the Ws ready...might this be the return of Ike? Against such a bunch of Giants, would be good to have someone besides Biedrins and the guards who can board - I pick Ws by 9, and Redd will have a big night...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Game Threads