Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2006-11-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors prevent an eight game losing streak (past three seasons) against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:43 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:26 pm
IT WOULD SEEM GIVEN THE MIN. HES GETTING HIS STATS ARE FAIR ENOUGH TO HAVE MY PRAISE. I AM CONTENT WITH HIS PERFORMANCE THIS SEASON, AND HOPFULLY HE WILL STAY ON TRACK AND MAKE THE MOST OF THE MIN. NELSON GIVES HIM.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 pm
John Patrick wrote:The problem is consistency. He'll warrant my praise once he puts in 2 or 3 more solid games in a row. Not expecting 20 pts but solid is the word.

well put - btw, I was at the Utah game, and it was patently obvious from the get go that Dung HURT the team when he was in. Disregarding the plus 27 when he was out and minus 14 when he was in, all the dung-lovers should just go to a game and watch him, and see all the little things he DOESN'T do and DOES do that hurt the team...I did not see the SA game, but assume from the stat sheet that he had a strong game, and props for that. However, Don Nelson put it best about the dung disgust and I don't think he is exactly a know-nothing about BBALL

"A lot of it is his own fault," said Nelson. "He needs to step up and do more, get tougher. I mean, I have the same problem the fans do. I'm not booing , but I'm thinking that way. Like, if he's got a mismatch down low, he might not do anything about it -- that sort of thing. I'm on him a lot, because he's our team captain, and there are times when he needs to be dominant."

If your own coach is thinking about booing you, maybe it ain't just fickle fans... :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:07 pm
coltraning wrote:
John Patrick wrote:The problem is consistency. He'll warrant my praise once he puts in 2 or 3 more solid games in a row. Not expecting 20 pts but solid is the word.

well put - btw, I was at the Utah game, and it was patently obvious from the get go that Dung HURT the team when he was in. Disregarding the plus 27 when he was out and minus 14 when he was in, all the dung-lovers should just go to a game and watch him, and see all the little things he DOESN'T do and DOES do that hurt the team...I did not see the SA game, but assume from the stat sheet that he had a strong game, and props for that. However, Don Nelson put it best about the dung disgust and I don't think he is exactly a know-nothing about BBALL

"A lot of it is his own fault," said Nelson. "He needs to step up and do more, get tougher. I mean, I have the same problem the fans do. I'm not booing , but I'm thinking that way. Like, if he's got a mismatch down low, he might not do anything about it -- that sort of thing. I'm on him a lot, because he's our team captain, and there are times when he needs to be dominant."

If your own coach is thinking about booing you, maybe it ain't just fickle fans... :roll:

Nellie justifies the case for hating on Dumbleavy. As pointed out by Nellie, the hate for Dun isn't only by a couple of ungrateful Warrior fans, the hate or disgust with Dun’s performace is mutual with Nellie.

I don't want to read anymore posts about, how the fans should praise Dun no matter what, because even Nellie is thinking the same way...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:25 pm
Who ever said praise Dunleavy no matter what :?:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm
coltraning wrote:"A lot of it is his own fault," said Nelson. "He needs to step up and do more, get tougher. I mean, I have the same problem the fans do. I'm not booing , but I'm thinking that way. Like, if he's got a mismatch down low, he might not do anything about it -- that sort of thing. I'm on him a lot, because he's our team captain, and there are times when he needs to be dominant."

This says alot! Nelson knows what he is saying and this is really an issue which either dun has to address or Nelson will encourage Mullin to trade him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads