Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes : 23

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 am
#32 wrote:Mike Dunleavy Jr is, quite possibly, the 2nd most hated sports figure in the Bay Area (behind Armando Bennitez). I can't imagine anybody still liking the poor slob. We all hope for the best... but hope is one thing and reality is another.

Wow, that is hating! People hate Benitez more than Bin Laden.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:38 am
Big B wrote:
TMC wrote:
bboyppis wrote:Is there Warriors fan that actually like Mike Dunleavy Jr.????

Um, let me think... NO

And if anyone says he likes him, there are only three possibilities:

A.- They haven't seen him play.
B.- They're not Warrior fans.
C.- They're relatives. (Like pawno, who is Dun's mother :mrgreen: )

If you take a look on some older threads, you'll see what most people think about Dumbleavy (btw, welcome to the board).

You hit it out of the park with this one. You summed it up really good TMC... :mrgreen:

Let me add something = DUN IS A LOSER

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:40 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
d1mex wrote:i didnt coming into the season. with his latest hot streak of solid games, im starting to like him...

you mean one in a row? what a streak. about the best dun's done

:mrgreen:

Just lovely

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:40 am
dunleavy isn't bad, in fact he plays pretty well for the role he's given. pietrus has been getting so much recognition this year but if you look at their stats, it's comparable.

the only thing that people hate dunleavy for is that he's paid too much for what he produces. i don't agree with the amount of money that dunleavy is getting paid, but it's not like ANY PERSON would turn down the contract offered to him. heres a look at how pietrus and dunleavy compare

Mike Dunleavy
PPG 11.3
RPG 4.5
APG 3.5
SPG 1.13
BPG .53
FG% .482
FT% .629
3P% .366
MPG 28.7

Mickael Pietrus

PPG 14.4
RPG 5.7
APG 1.3
SPG .83
BPG 1.08
FG% .520
FT% .622
3P% .375
MPG 31.2

I got this off of the warriors page =P

(oh and it's my first time posting after discovering this forum)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:45 am
coltraning wrote:Not as a pampered, media-sucked, over-minuted, excuse-made-for, bitching and blaming his teammates, shot-bricking, turnover-spurting, grossly-overpaid #3 bust.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Pure poetry. You have the soul of an artist, colt. :mrgreen:

aaustria wrote:dunleavy isn't bad, in fact he plays pretty well for the role he's given. pietrus has been getting so much recognition this year but if you look at their stats, it's comparable.

the only thing that people hate dunleavy for is that he's paid too much for what he produces. i don't agree with the amount of money that dunleavy is getting paid, but it's not like ANY PERSON would turn down the contract offered to him. heres a look at how pietrus and dunleavy compare

Mike Dunleavy
PPG 11.3
RPG 4.5
APG 3.5
SPG 1.13
BPG .53
FG% .482
FT% .629
3P% .366
MPG 28.7

Mickael Pietrus

PPG 14.4
RPG 5.7
APG 1.3
SPG .83
BPG 1.08
FG% .520
FT% .622
3P% .375
MPG 31.2

First of all, welcome to the board. And keep in mind that we don't consider Pietrus as anything special either. In fact, I'm pretty sure not many people would like to see him re-sign for the same money Dun's making. Ellis and Biedrins are the players we want, not those two.

My point is that Pietrus is also expendable. People just like him more 'cos he does a bit more than Dun (other than stats, he's a much better defender, although that's not saying much when Dumbleavy is the comparison) with a much lower salary.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:38 am
aaustria wrote:dunleavy isn't bad, in fact he plays pretty well for the role he's given. pietrus has been getting so much recognition this year but if you look at their stats, it's comparable.

Mike Dunleavy
PPG 11.3
RPG 4.5
APG 3.5
SPG 1.13
BPG .53
FG% .482
FT% .629
3P% .366
MPG 28.7

Mickael Pietrus

PPG 14.4
RPG 5.7
APG 1.3
SPG .83
BPG 1.08
FG% .520
FT% .622
3P% .375
MPG 31.2

Welcome to the board.

These stats show that Pietrus does more, thankyou for giving evidence of that :)

Pietrus has improved much more this season and is a better fit for the run and gun style than dun is. Pietrus has a chance to keep a spot either on the tem or in the nba by performing well this season and he is doing exactly that

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:03 am
I suppose that I am not a fan of the cost/benefits he brings to the Warriors, but as a guy he seems allright. At least he isn't taking time off to promote his rap album or complaining that he doesn't have enough cash to raise his kids.

I would say that he is the #1 most hated player in the Bay Area (Benitez is off the hook because his short contract). It seems very trendy nowadays to bash and boo Dunleavy. I am certainly not saying that anyone here is on the hate Dunleavy bandwagon, I've been a part of the board long enough to know that our mods have been hating Dunny for a long time. It's just he is the go-to-guy for complaints, no matter if it legit or not.

With that said, I don't think it is fair to boo a guy for missing a 20 foot jumper and jump down his throat for any turnover like a strong portion of the Oracle crowd does. And it isn't the guys who know anything about basketball, it are the dopes who never touched a court but who read SI and think they are coaches. Yeah he is far from an ideal 3rd overall pick but he is at least helping the team, not to mention he has handled being booed a lot better than other people who have fallen out of favor with fans.

I would trade him in a heartbeat but mostly to dump that hideous contract. But as a player in his current role, yeah, I can live with that. I certainly don't want to beat the guy up or wish he would catch the plague. I just wish he would be more consistent, and I don't think that is a reason to hate a guy.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm

Mike Dunleavy
PPG 11.3
RPG 4.5
APG 3.5
SPG 1.13
BPG .53
FG% .482
FT% .629
3P% .366
MPG 28.7

Mickael Pietrus

PPG 14.4
RPG 5.7
APG 1.3
SPG .83
BPG 1.08
FG% .520
FT% .622
3P% .375
MPG 31.2

welcome and good post. Only thing I would like to see in addition is turnovers, so...looks pretty close: Dung 2.0 in 28.7 min, Pietrus 1.92 in 31.7 minutes
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:39 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Not as a pampered, media-sucked, over-minuted, excuse-made-for, bitching and blaming his teammates, shot-bricking, turnover-spurting, grossly-overpaid #3 bust.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Pure poetry. You have the soul of an artist, colt. :mrgreen:

thanks... :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:29 pm
This thread is worthless...no one likes him except for a few people.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:36 pm

Mike Dunleavy
PPG 11.3
RPG 4.5
APG 3.5
SPG 1.13
BPG .53
FG% .482
FT% .629
3P% .366
MPG 28.7

Mickael Pietrus

PPG 14.4
RPG 5.7
APG 1.3
SPG .83
BPG 1.08
FG% .520
FT% .622
3P% .375
MPG 31.2

Well first of all if you watch the game you know dun's stats overrate him. He can, at times, get 15-5-5 and not help the team. He doesn't fit into our offense at all. His stats are worse than pietrus and yet there are still more fanboys for dunleavy than for any other player of his calibre in the league.

He gets overrated because he does so many things slightly below average
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:48 pm
Well first of all if you watch the game you know dun's stats overrate him.

my whole argument is that he's not useless, and that people should give the guy a break. it's hard to really judge how dunleavy fits in this run and gun style of play for the warriors when you have biased opinions in your head about him. if don nelson didn't think that dunleavy fit into the lineup then he wouldn't give him any playing time. i guess you can say it's a conspiracy or something, but everyone trusts don nelson and his coaching.

it could also be that he dunleavy runs like a puppet with strings attached to him, but i've seen him do well on fast breaks along with weird looking assists. OH and not to mention his unorthodox dribbling when he trys to drive it in.

at least it's not as bad as the hype and money sebastian telfair got when he was drafted =P.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Welcome to the board aaustria, I am in agreeance with you and Thunder, Hopefully Dun can be more consistent and play more aggressive :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:13 pm
Thunder wrote:I would trade him in a heartbeat but mostly to dump that hideous contract. But as a player in his current role, yeah, I can live with that. I certainly don't want to beat the guy up or wish he would catch the plague. I just wish he would be more consistent, and I don't think that is a reason to hate a guy.

Mike Dunleavy Jr. is a human like the rest of us. Fact is that he doesn't have to be the best player on this team. He does get paid alot and the fact that his contract can and likely will prevent the signing of one the young guys is what makes him most disliked.

I bag him because it is funny and I know he doesn't read this stuff so noone's feelings get hurt :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:36 am
migya wrote:I bag him because it is funny and I know he doesn't read this stuff so noone's feelings get hurt :wink:

Yeah. Someone needs to be the scapegoat. Who'd be better than Dun? :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball