Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2006-11-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors prevent an eight game losing streak (past three seasons) against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:43 pm

85%
YES
11
15%
NO
2

Total votes: 13


Rookie
Posts: 198
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:36 pm
migya wrote:
ChurroChou wrote:Looking forward to close out November 10-6.




Last season, the team ended November 12-6 but they didn't play more than two or three top teams. This season, they have won against Jazz, Spurs, Mavs and Pistons! It looks much better this time


i was saying the same thing. it feels good seeing the team come up clutch (even shorthanded) as opposed to the last 2 years where there is a 3rd or 4th quarter collapse. and even andris hits freethrows when they count! :-o
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:55 pm
Anybody praising Monta for this win didn't watch the game.

Monta Ellis had a monster 4th quarter... but was a complete negative in the first half. Had Monta not screwed up so many times out of the gate (meaning his 4 turnovers in 4 minutes, plus the 1/7 start he had), the game wouldn't have been so close.

Anybody who blasted Mike Dunleavy a few games back because he only showed up in the 1st quarter has no right to praise Monta (who only showed up in the 4th quarter) this game. At least Dunleavy didn't HINDER the team the rest of the game. Monta totally put us at a disadvantage.

I like the kid as much as anybody else (and I know he's a fan favorite, so SOMEBODY's bound to get butt hurt over this comment), but nobody can claim he played well last night. Monta Ellis played well ONE quarter last night. Get it back together, kid. Inconsistent is one thing we DONT need. Mike Dunleavy's already got that covered.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 513
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 pm
You have to credit him for correcting his tunovers early. Nelson took him out after a quick 3 turnovers, and he made 1 the rest of the game finishing with 19 points and cluch 4th quarter free throws. If he misses them we might have lost. So even though he isnt the reason for the win (pretty much AB is) we loose with out him.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:30 pm
zshook wrote:You have to credit him for correcting his tunovers early. Nelson took him out after a quick 3 turnovers, and he made 1 the rest of the game finishing with 19 points and cluch 4th quarter free throws. If he misses them we might have lost. So even though he isnt the reason for the win (pretty much AB is) we loose with out him.


Yeah. He played well when it matters. That's enough to say he had a good game.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22005
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:29 pm
TMC wrote:This season looks much more promising than last year's... and the big difference is Biedrins. I'm going to go out on a limb (not much, tho, after the way he's playing lately) and predict that he's going to be the MVP of the team this season, not Baron, J-Rich or any other player. Biedrins is being the difference and the reason we're so much competitive than past seasons.

If he keeps playing like this (I don't know if he'll be able on offense, once the defenses start focusing on him a bit more), and given how weak is the center position, I wouldn't totally rule out an all star berth for him.










btw, now that he's not alone inside, Murphy is showing the kind of player he really is... that is, a terribly overrated one.



There is a great chance that Biedrins could make the allstar game if he keeps this up.

Murphy has no place with the salary he is getting but if he was making 5-7 million, he could be good off the bench but with the money he gets, he is just too expensive to have since Diogu and Biedrins have more to offer than he does
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:02 pm
zshook wrote:You have to credit him for correcting his tunovers early. Nelson took him out after a quick 3 turnovers, and he made 1 the rest of the game finishing with 19 points and cluch 4th quarter free throws. If he misses them we might have lost. So even though he isnt the reason for the win (pretty much AB is) we loose with out him.

No doubt, he was one of the biggest deciding factors in the 4th quarter... but you can't deny that the Warriors probably would have gotten off to a much larger lead early in the game had Monta not been so damn cold... and, with that in mind, might not have had to play such a close 4th quarter. It's all could-be's and what-if's, but still...

And, on top of that, I just hate the double-standard. Ellis plays one good quarter... everybody wets themselves. Dunleavy plays a good quarter and everyone bitches. It makes no sense.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:28 pm
#32 wrote:
zshook wrote:You have to credit him for correcting his tunovers early. Nelson took him out after a quick 3 turnovers, and he made 1 the rest of the game finishing with 19 points and cluch 4th quarter free throws. If he misses them we might have lost. So even though he isnt the reason for the win (pretty much AB is) we loose with out him.

No doubt, he was one of the biggest deciding factors in the 4th quarter... but you can't deny that the Warriors probably would have gotten off to a much larger lead early in the game had Monta not been so damn cold... and, with that in mind, might not have had to play such a close 4th quarter. It's all could-be's and what-if's, but still...

And, on top of that, I just hate the double-standard. Ellis plays one good quarter... everybody wets themselves. Dunleavy plays a good quarter and everyone bitches. It makes no sense.


I agree but, you also have to give credit to McLeod. When Monta was struggling and Nelson benched him early on, he turned to McLeod and helped lead the charge for a end of the quarter run. If it wasn't for Keith's solid play, the Warriors would've been lost early in this game.

Monta came later, I will give him credit for his job in the clutch.
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 am
Give credit to EVERYBODY for the good things they did ...

Nah .. that would never work ô¿~ :roll:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 am
#32 wrote:And, on top of that, I just hate the double-standard. Ellis plays one good quarter... everybody wets themselves. Dunleavy plays a good quarter and everyone bitches. It makes no sense.


Because, in a close game, the fourth quarter is the only one that matters for the final outcome. If Ellis had played a great first quarter and an awful last one, we would have lost the game and nobody would, as you say, "wet themselves".

It's a matter of give him props for his clutch performance at the end. Something Dun can only "wet himself" while dreaming about it in bed.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:58 am
Dun came up big vs SA and scored 16 pts in the 2nd half :!:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:31 am
O.G. broe wrote:Dun came up big vs SA and scored 16 pts in the 2nd half :!:


It's Dun, so it doesn't matter. Ellis is a different story, tho. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22005
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:34 am
Hey, praise to dun for not being totally bad this season but he is slowly moving down in the roster
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 am
migya wrote:Hey, praise to dun


WHAT?????. HERESY

:mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 pm
yup, praise to Dung for the SA game...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:32 pm
The problem is consistency. He'll warrant my praise once he puts in 2 or 3 more solid games in a row. Not expecting 20 pts but solid is the word.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests