havent seen a bigger reason to trade now

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:55 pm
WE REALLY HAVE TO GET RID OF ONE OF THE BIG CONTRACTS. with the emergence of our younger core, we really need to do something to keep it. I have been pushing for Biedrins for a while now and he is finally proving why he deserves the starting job. if we dont get rid of either foyle, dunleavy, or murphy, we are gonna have to lose about 2-3 of our younger players. If we lose ellis, biedrins, pietrus, i think we will end up regretting it in the future. our starting lineup can be davis at 1 ellis at 2 jrich at 3 diogu at 4 and biedrins at 5, gives them many more years to get that chemistry
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:09 am
Viz wrote:WE REALLY HAVE TO GET RID OF ONE OF THE BIG CONTRACTS. with the emergence of our younger core, we really need to do something to keep it. I have been pushing for Biedrins for a while now and he is finally proving why he deserves the starting job. if we dont get rid of either foyle, dunleavy, or murphy, we are gonna have to lose about 2-3 of our younger players. If we lose ellis, biedrins, pietrus, i think we will end up regretting it in the future. our starting lineup can be davis at 1 ellis at 2 jrich at 3 diogu at 4 and biedrins at 5, gives them many more years to get that chemistry

I don't think we'll lose Biedrins. I'm pretty sure he's the one we're going to keep for sure.

As for the others... well, as pointed in other threads, if we don't get rid some contracts (at least one) I think Ellis is gone, there's a strong chance we're going to lose some of the young guys.

But getting rid of those contracts won't be easy. Everybody knows how bad they are.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:32 am
I agree, Pietrus and Ellis are the ones who will most likely be gone by the offseason if we keep these bloated contracts. If anything though I'd rather have Biedrins and Ellis rather than Biedrins and Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:35 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I agree, Pietrus and Ellis are the ones who will most likely be gone by the offseason if we keep these bloated contracts. If anything though I'd rather have Biedrins and Ellis rather than Biedrins and Pietrus.

No doubt. The extensions should go in this order:

1.- Biedrins.
2.- Ellis.

3.- Pietrus.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:46 am
Agreed. Unless Pietrus somehow starts scoring 24+ a game, then that "Go Warriors!" and "Whatever coach Nelson says" chants and sayings will become "Why Cohan?" and "Whatever, he didn't win championships anyway." by Mickeal.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:07 pm
If we lose Monta Ellis, I'll be shocked.

After the Gilbert Arenas fiasco, I doubt Chris Cohan will be able to survive another one of those episodes, in the eyes of the public. Ellis is a fan-favorite, a terrific player, and worth shelling out cash for.

If Cohan gives a **** about what Warriors fans think of him, he'll extend Ellis.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Since the team does have Baron and JRich, Monta is not as valuable as Biedrins, who is the only real good Center and shot blocker on the team. That doesn't mean that everything shouldn't be done to resign Ellis but if it looks like he won't be resigned, he should be traded along with one of the bad contacts

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:51 pm
If all this winning continues, look for the W's to go over the cap***030***
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 pm
zero3zero wrote:If all this winning continues, look for the W's to go over the cap***030***

That's it, the winning will bring more profits (or should) to Cohan so it is better for him to keep a good thing going

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:19 am
zero3zero wrote:If all this winning continues, look for the W's to go over the cap***030***

We're already over the cap. We've gone over the cap with the losing. My worries is how much more can we go over the cap...
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:52 pm
We definitely need to trade....

I didnt know wut Chris Mullin was doing when he signed

Mike Dunleavy for about 7.5 Mil a yr
Troy Murphy for about 8 Mil a yr
Adonal Foyle for about 8 Mil a yr

Murphy is okay I guess. But Dunleavy and Foyle... come on...

Sadness...

The truth is, we cant make any trade.. cuz.. I dun think anyone wants them... unless we ship some of our youngers along .. otherwise.. there is nothing we can do...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:59 pm
bboyppis wrote:We definitely need to trade....

I didnt know wut Chris Mullin was doing when he signed

Mike Dunleavy for about 7.5 Mil a yr
Troy Murphy for about 8 Mil a yr
Adonal Foyle for about 8 Mil a yr

I like how this guy thinks. :thumbright:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:31 pm
We have to resign Monta and we should definitely sign Biedrins. Of course consistant with Warriors luck, they will both have great years this year to price them out of our range. Mullin won't have the balls to trade a fellow pale SF and keep Dunleavy, no one will take Foyle and Murphy will stay. Baron Davis will be injured half the year along with another key injury that will keep the Warriors out of the playoffs but assure that we lose half our young players. I hope to god this does not happen but judging by Warrior history this is the most likely scenario.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 pm
Mullin will keep the young core. There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't, cap issues included. If we need to go with 6-7 well paid athletes and fill the rest of the roster with NBDL scrubs/undrafted rookies then so be it ***030***
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
zero3zero wrote:Mullin will keep the young core. There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't, cap issues included. If we need to go with 6-7 well paid athletes and fill the rest of the roster with NBDL scrubs/undrafted rookies then so be it ***030***

Truth is, it's all about money and Cohan might value keeping some rather than spending more just for winning more. He might see that he wouldn't make a significant amount more money or actually not make more money if he spends more on contracts.

All about the money again

Next

Return to Trades