Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2006-11-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors prevent an eight game losing streak (past three seasons) against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:43 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm
if manu doesn't play and pietrus does, we may be able to steal one. otherwise, the spurs will remain undefeated on the road.

spurs by 9 :banghead:
u can find me in the club. need seats?? let me know.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:38 pm
You have to take into account that the spurs have been most vunerable in the second games of back to backs. They played at seattle last night and won handily. If MP is back and it is true that ginobili is not playing I would say we have 50-50 chance to win. So far we have been pretty good at home and we have had a day off. AB should be able to match up pretty well with duncan if he doesnt get into foul trouble. I think monta matches up extremely well with parker and monta might even be better than him. I dont really know what to think about oberto, from what I hear hes a pretty good offensive player and rebounder but not to great on defense. I saw we put murphy on him to maybe draw him outside. Bowen will probably defend J-rich or MP(if he plays) and i think either one of those are good matchups for us. Could really go either way. this is probably the best team in the league. It all depends on what warriors team decides to show up the one who killed the jazz or the one who gave up 140 to denver.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:20 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I am bvery nervous about tonight's game. It looks like Baron will not play tonight. For the Spurs, Manu Ginobili will be out which is good news for the Warriors.

The Spurs have NOT lost on the road yet this season. They seem to impose their will on any team they play. I hope the Warriors play the 3-2 zone against them and keep them off the boards and force them to shoot from the outside.

While Parker has improved his shooting over the past two seasons, I still do not look at him or Bruce Bowen as deadly three-point shooters. It is imperative to limit Parker's penetration in the lane. The Warriors have had trouble with guards like that this season.

I think the Warriors will play a spirited game, but ultimately fall short.

Bruce bowen ain't a deadly three point shooter? Dude led the league a couple years ago and is shooting 44% this year. about as deadly as one can be.
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm
Dubs by 11!
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Image

I'd wager to say that this is the most often used, non-sig/avatar pic on this forum (not including SoCoolBob's insane, re-used photos).

Makes me laugh everytime.

Yeah, and I've posted it pretty much every time :mrgreen:

just works in so many situations
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:19 pm
coltraning wrote:
d1mex wrote:Warriors by 3 in overtime

this shot should be framed and sent to David Stern...hey commish, you think your ref missed THIS call?

damn right it should. this number 1. then the nate robinson block on yao number 2.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:I am bvery nervous about tonight's game. It looks like Baron will not play tonight. For the Spurs, Manu Ginobili will be out which is good news for the Warriors.

The Spurs have NOT lost on the road yet this season. They seem to impose their will on any team they play. I hope the Warriors play the 3-2 zone against them and keep them off the boards and force them to shoot from the outside.

While Parker has improved his shooting over the past two seasons, I still do not look at him or Bruce Bowen as deadly three-point shooters. It is imperative to limit Parker's penetration in the lane. The Warriors have had trouble with guards like that this season.

This is largely because he only shoots open threes on passes from one of the other guys though. He's no Ray Allen.
Bruce bowen ain't a deadly three point shooter? Dude led the league a couple years ago and is shooting 44% this year. about as deadly as one can be.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 pm
cladden wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

This is largely because he only shoots open threes on passes from one of the other guys though. He's no Ray Allen.

Well stalin was no ceacescu but he was still an oppressive dictator. Lebron is no jordan but he's still a good player. He's a deadly three point shooter. end of discussion
ImageImage
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:21 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
cladden wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Well stalin was no ceacescu but he was still an oppressive dictator. Lebron is no jordan but he's still a good player. He's a deadly three point shooter. end of discussion

Bruce Bowen shoots the 3 ball well, but hes not deadly. A deadly 3 point shooter is such a damn good 3 pt shooter, that he strikes fear in the eyes of his opponents. Don't get me wrong, when left open Bowen from 3pt, he is excellent. And the most 3's hes made in a season is only 104 with a lifetime total of 611 3s made. Hes good, but not quite deadly yet.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 pm
Half Time Comment ...
It sures seems to make a big POSITIVE DIFFERENCE when Biedrins
is in the game :D :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 pm
If things were fair, Bowen would not get away with all the shiit he does!

Pietrus is better than Bowen and has more skills

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:48 pm
Wow...I'm impressed with our effort and energy level...Can't wait till we get full strength***030***
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:58 pm
:D Great All Around Game :D
:D 83 Percent Free Throws As A Team !!! :D
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All Star
we won. didn't get a chance to see the game but it looks as if everybody did great. even dungboy has to get props. Biedrins is a fecking beast
ImageImage
Role Player
t a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they play like this all season this team is a playoff team
This is the year
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads