History Redistory - 7 in, 1 spot remains DONT MISS OUT

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:53 pm
The sequel to the most popular thread in the history of the forum, this thread should be a lot less tedious than the redistribution of NBA talent. For starters, we will only have one team apiece (so the talent is more concentrated, thirty teams is annoying. also so the draft goes faster) and, more importantly, you guessed it, you can draft any player in the history of the league. This will spark much more interesting controversy as we can get into discussions of Bird vs. Russell instead of Derek Fisher vs. Stromile Swift. Anybody who wants in post here.

In - Pestilence, Migya, coltraning, tmc, jaypat, Reggielewis, xbayareawarriorx
Last edited by tHe_pEsTiLeNcE on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:30 pm
migya in!



Also, I think the cheerleaders thread is the most poular thread in history! :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:35 pm
seems very cool - socool would argue his is the most popular, but guess that depends how you define popular :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:36 pm
migya wrote:migya in!



Also, I think the cheerleaders thread is the most poular thread in history! :mrgreen:


and the most satisfying!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:23 am
I'm also in.

Great idea, pest. We're not only limited to the current bunch of players, sot he talent pool is much deeper.

But we need more people for the draft. We're just four teams right now. If we make this draft with four teams, the rosters will be extremely loaded and we'll left undrafted lots of great players.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:59 am
TMC wrote:I'm also in.

Great idea, pest. We're not only limited to the current bunch of players, sot he talent pool is much deeper.

But we need more people for the draft. We're just four teams right now. If we make this draft with four teams, the rosters will be extremely loaded and we'll left undrafted lots of great players.

yeah, I'm gonna wait until there's at least six (preferably ten) to start. The biggest mistake last time was starting it too quickly without giving people a chance to join
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:02 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:yeah, I'm gonna wait until there's at least six (preferably ten) to start. The biggest mistake last time was starting it too quickly without giving people a chance to join


Yeah, 8-10 teams would be the perfect number for the draft.

Come on, guys. We need at least four more people to make this work!!!!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:41 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:yeah, I'm gonna wait until there's at least six (preferably ten) to start. The biggest mistake last time was starting it too quickly without giving people a chance to join


Yeah, 8-10 teams would be the perfect number for the draft.

Come on, guys. We need at least four more people to make this work!!!!!!

the problem is that I'm not sure we have 8-10 regulars :)
ImageImage

Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:42 pm
why not sounds fun
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:48 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:yeah, I'm gonna wait until there's at least six (preferably ten) to start. The biggest mistake last time was starting it too quickly without giving people a chance to join


Yeah, 8-10 teams would be the perfect number for the draft.

Come on, guys. We need at least four more people to make this work!!!!!!

the problem is that I'm not sure we have 8-10 regulars :)


Yep, that may be a problem. #32 probably ain't to keen on these drafts, so I expect JP or xbayareawarriorsx to join and help us with this.
(HINT ========> This is a not-so-subtle way of "ordering" you two to join :wink: )

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:15 am
Sorry for the newbie question, but what exactly is this draft about? Are there rules to this competition? For those like myself who are new, can someone please explain this whole thing?

Thanks!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:47 am
It's not exactly a competition. We just take over a team and, according to a specific order (that could be the same order we joined the draft, tho we can also randomize it), we draft the players from all NBA history that we want to form that roster. Obviously, you can't pick a player that has already been picked before.

It's just a way to see how people rates the old time (and current) greats of bball (and discuss those ratings).

You're welcome if you want to join.

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:13 am
It depends when the draft is. Have you set a date or a time? How will the draft work? Will it take place over a few days or over a period of a few hours?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:19 am
ChicagoTom wrote:It depends when the draft is. Have you set a date or a time? How will the draft work? Will it take place over a few days or over a period of a few hours?


We'll do it in its own thread. It's hard to set a specific day and time that works for everybody. We'll do it during the course of several days (maybe weeks. We're in no rush to do it) updating the thread with each pick.

The order for the draft will be discussed later, once everybody is ready to go.

btw, this is how we did the old redistro thread. Pest is the one that started this one, so if he wants to change anything, he'll correct me later.

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 am
Thanks for the info TMC. I like the idea and it sounds cool. I am not sure if I will be able to do it. I will be out of the country with little to no Internet access for two weeks. I will let you know. Thanks again!
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron