Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2006-11-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus suit up for this game?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:29 pm

YES
4
44%
NO
5
56%
 
Total votes : 9

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:28 am
Did anyone catch the game? It was on FSNBA+ but when I changed it to the channel it was supposed to be on(which is 77), it didn't show up. I would love to see what happened.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:36 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Did anyone catch the game? It was on FSNBA+ but when I changed it to the channel it was supposed to be on(which is 77), it didn't show up. I would love to see what happened.


I watched it through a chinese channel. If I find a torrent, I'll let you know.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:52 am
Alright thanks.

I heard they were using a 1-2-2 defense on the Jazz which slowed them down significantly. And Boozer had a bad night from what I saw in the box score. And did Barnes really score 24 points? Wow, what a way to take over when everyone is down and out.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:And did Barnes really score 24 points? Wow, what a way to take over when Dunleavy is down and out, as always.


As Pest would say, fixed that for you. :mrgreen:

btw, it was 24, 7 boards and defense, not only scoring. The team is so much improved when he's playing instead of Dun... just look at pest's stat line.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:25 am
Definately a great win!

Murphy's stats look pretty unbelievable with the steals and the blocks! He has got to perform more like this because he has been far less than usual so far this season. The team was really short on players with the injuries but bet the best team in the nba right now! Seems strange but a real important win.

What I see with all these injuries and players like Monta, Barnes, Pietrus and especially Biedrins stepping up and getting alot of minutes is that come playoff time, if the team does make it, bench players will not be shy because they would have played a fair bit early on in the season. You'd think that the team or most teams really, would lose alot without what is considered their best player, best low post scorer and best rebounder and also best defender and one of the emerging young players, that being Baron, Diogu, Murphy and Pietrus respectively. Monta and Biedrins both are the main reasons why the team has been able to win despite the injuries
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:18 am
migya wrote:What I see with all these injuries and players like Monta, Barnes, Pietrus and especially Biedrins stepping up and getting alot of minutes is that come playoff time, if the team does make it, bench players will not be shy because they would have played a fair bit early on in the season.


If we make the playoffs, they'll have enough experience and will have been starting for a few months. If we stick to the old starters, we won't make the playoffs.

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 am
migya wrote:Definately a great win!

Murphy's stats look pretty unbelievable with the steals and the blocks! He has got to perform more like this because he has been far less than usual so far this season. The team was really short on players with the injuries but bet the best team in the nba right now! Seems strange but a real important win.

What I see with all these injuries and players like Monta, Barnes, Pietrus and especially Biedrins stepping up and getting alot of minutes is that come playoff time, if the team does make it, bench players will not be shy because they would have played a fair bit early on in the season. You'd think that the team or most teams really, would lose alot without what is considered their best player, best low post scorer and best rebounder and also best defender and one of the emerging young players, that being Baron, Diogu, Murphy and Pietrus respectively. Monta and Biedrins both are the main reasons why the team has been able to win despite the injuries
I agree, hopefully Baron's ribs get better and Ike and Pietrus come back healthy soon so we can see the Warriors at full strength [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Alright thanks.

I heard they were using a 1-2-2 defense on the Jazz which slowed them down significantly. And Boozer had a bad night from what I saw in the box score. And did Barnes really score 24 points? Wow, what a way to take over when everyone is down and out.


its was a 3-2 zone.... with a lot of weak side help, and terrific rotation
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:12 am
spur of the moment I got a walk-up ticket last night...fun atmosphere. It was a magnificent win, as essentially there were 5 healthy Warriors who could play last night. A total gut check win and I do think they caught Utah sleeping.

If JRich had been the JRich of last year, Ws win by 30, it was not that close. He missed about 8 shots he would have easily made last year and what is the deal with him and Free Throws? When you are at the game, it is even more clear that Dung doesn't belong out there...spend a few minutes watching his movement, handles, D etc...and you realize he is much more of a detriment to their rhythm than what comes across on TV. The 2 games I have been to this year, sitting in different sections, the love is gone for Dung. He did one really sweet over his head pass to JRich on the break and the management tried to whip up the crowd with a chant of "Mike". NO takers. Folks sat on their hands. People boo, moan when he is put in the game and groan as he does one of his inevitable miscues. When he came in the game and when he left there was zero applause for him and I have seen 1 Dungleavy jersey being worn at a game. It's the end of a love affair for sure.

Monta is astonishing and he had an off game shooting. Still, he is turning into a player who can get to the rim at will and will either score or be fouled or both. Biedrins as well. He is a for real center for the new millennium and even his free throws are looking better. Hard to believe he and Monta are 20 and 21...how cool for the team's future. Murphy had a strong game, esp. defensively, but man is he soft on the finish underneath. Barnes played strong again, and he is giving Nelson an excellent problem of having 8 players who all will be able to make a case for starters minutes and all, on any given night can step up and give you 20 points (Dung is 9th on the depth charts).

I watched Foyle in warm-ups and he was involving the fans, throwing them the ball, etc...and generally comporting himself with warmth and dignity. I think his attitude is why he gets a lot more love from the fans than does Dung. Always positive, never complaining, and trying the best he can with his limited skills in his limited minutes. Obviously they should buy him out and with the cheapest F**king lower bowl ticket being $65 they have the money!!! I think the only other games I can afford this year are Cleveland and Denver, maybe the Lakers, and I make a good living. It is obscene, between that and $15 parking and $8 beer, they can afford to buy out Foyle and build about 1000 low income homes in Oakland. That gives me an idea -what if they make a deal with Foyle where part of the buyout is the Ws building some low income housing, or giving away 1000 tickets a game to people who couldn't otherwise afford to go? What a great PR gesture. You see some real people in the seats I got, but looking at the sideline club it's corporate privileged city - no wonder the crowds are so sedate at times.

It was a tremendous win, and esp. remembering no BD, Ike or Pietrus! This team gets anywhere near full strength they are a 50 win team, and I don't see how anyone other than Phoenix and Denver stays with a BD, Monta, JRich, Pietrus Biedrins starting 5, tempo-wise. :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:42 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Alright thanks.

I heard they were using a 1-2-2 defense on the Jazz which slowed them down significantly. And Boozer had a bad night from what I saw in the box score. And did Barnes really score 24 points? Wow, what a way to take over when everyone is down and out.

They played an 0-5 zone for a while in the second. No joke.
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:44 pm
migya wrote:Murphy's stats look pretty unbelievable with the steals and the blocks! He has got to perform more like this because he has been far less than usual so far this season.


:) that's what we call the box score reader opinion (no offense, you obviously have no other choice in australia). Murph was the fourth best player on our team last night after monta, barnes, and AB. Still had a good game though.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:59 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy's stats look pretty unbelievable with the steals and the blocks! He has got to perform more like this because he has been far less than usual so far this season.


:) that's what we call the box score reader opinion (no offense, you obviously have no other choice in australia). Murph was the fourth best player on our team last night after monta, barnes, and AB. Still had a good game though.



You're right and the stats sure look good. Better than they have for him in a long time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:02 pm
coltraning wrote:I watched Foyle in warm-ups and he was involving the fans, throwing them the ball, etc...and generally comporting himself with warmth and dignity. I think his attitude is why he gets a lot more love from the fans than does Dung. Always positive, never complaining, and trying the best he can with his limited skills in his limited minutes. Obviously they should buy him out and with the cheapest F**king lower bowl ticket being $65 they have the money!!! I think the only other games I can afford this year are Cleveland and Denver, maybe the Lakers, and I make a good living. It is obscene, between that and $15 parking and $8 beer, they can afford to buy out Foyle and build about 1000 low income homes in Oakland. That gives me an idea -what if they make a deal with Foyle where part of the buyout is the Ws building some low income housing, or giving away 1000 tickets a game to people who couldn't otherwise afford to go? What a great PR gesture. You see some real people in the seats I got, but looking at the sideline club it's corporate privileged city - no wonder the crowds are so sedate at times.




Nice thoughts, won't happen in this world the way it is.

Foyle would be great in an off the court role with the team. He is positive and that means alot!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 am
A 1-2-2 zone. Neato! Something interesting being used in the game! This is a sign this team might be gellin' well.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron