Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2006-11-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus suit up for this game?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:29 pm

YES
44%
NO
56%

Total votes : 9

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:49 pm
On paper we might not match up very well, but this is why you have to play the game!

GREAT VICTORY....GREAT VICTORY!@!@ Way to snap a losing streak by beating the BEST!@!@

I give the game ball to Nelly, brilliant with the zone and STICKING with the zone all night, just BRILLIANT. Other coaches might have went back to man to man when we were only up by 1, but Nelly stuck with it.

-AB, wow, 17 rebs, and 5 Block shots, he actually had 8 but 3 tacky fouls. Once again, he change the game inside, and agressive, and YES he can pass too!! Lastly, his free throws looking sooOOOooo much better

-Monta Ellis can sure finish, and we need him to stay aggressive, which he did, but still too much turnovers. Luckily it didnt hurt us.

-J Rich, I think he is about 90% now, his shot looks great and BOY CAN HE JUMP, getting lift back! Couple of shots rimmed out

-Barnes, I know he had a great game (great 3rd quarter) and yes normally game ball should go to him, but the zone is what stop the Jazz. Still great game, and Kudos to Nelly starting him and playing him lots instead of Dunleavey

-Dunleavey, played to our expectation, which was missing open jumpers, but he was def passing pretty well

-Murphy, Tough and rugged and he even drove the ball into the lane with several and ones...we need him to do that more often, dammit@!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:06 pm
Man. We ****ing crushed them. This was almost pitiful. And we did it against a healthy Jazz team without Pietrus, Diogu, Davis and JR is still not at 100%. Not even 90% I think. They had no answer against the zone. They only played well when they outshot themselves. Deron hitting 4 threes? And we could afford to be our usual suckful pathetic excuse for an NBA team from the line. I am so impressed. We ruled, ruled!!! Matt Barnes is really impressing me. I am so happy. Happy happy happy!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:28 pm
I was at the game, some thoughts

Andris was a real center - 17 boards and five swats.....the fourteen points and 2 steals weren't bad either........Too bad Barnes got hurt, he played great......Does knee surgery affect your skills? J-rich and Amare are both back to their athletic peak, it's just their skills and hands that are rusty....Monta played great again......DUNLEAVY PLAYED TERRIBLE.....not that we had any other choice......Murph played alright, he actually got quality rebounds for once, not the garbage rebounds he usually gets.........Boozer the "MVP" apparent was stymied, trammeled, and humiliated........Why were the refs listening to whatever sloan told them?.....free throws are still a problem......Imagine what a full powered warriors squad would have done

Pest's neato stat-o-the-night: When Dunleavy was on the court we were outscored by fourteen. When he was off the court we outscored them by 27
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:35 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Pest's neato stat-o-the-night: When Dunleavy was on the court we were outscored by fourteen. When he was off the court we outscored them by 27

DAMN - talk about plus and minus...speaking of stats, has a team EVER allowed 62 points less in the game following? From 140 to 78!!! Biedrins is HUGE, they get BD, Ike and Pietrus back, they are a plausible 50 win team...oh, at which point Dung (Mr. Minus) will be 9th in the rotation.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:41 pm
Haha oh how mercurial this forum is. We lose three in a row and were going back to the lottery but next night we blow the jazz out and were winning fifty. Anyways WHAT A WIN! What did I say... jazz are good but they were playing way over their heads and heading for a whoopin.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:43 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Haha oh how mercurial this forum is. We lose three in a row and were going back to the lottery but next night we blow the jazz out and were winning fifty. Anyways WHAT A WIN! What did I say... jazz are good but they were playing way over their heads and heading for a whoopin.

it's the forum as a whole that's mercurial though, not the individuals.
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:52 pm
wat a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:58 pm
I am sure fans of some teams feel this all the time but I am amazed that we:

shoot threes like ****
shoot ft's like ****
basically shot pretty bad

and still fecking manhandled them like nobody's business. And we were extremely shorthanded. I can't recall a larger disconnect between reality and my expectations (in the warriors favor) in recent memory.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:02 am
where jsw at???

haha.

solid win. this is what we needed badly. not to mention a bigass quality win.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:19 am
:D :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:34 am
Dubs4life wrote:Haha oh how mercurial this forum is. We lose three in a row and were going back to the lottery but next night we blow the jazz out and were winning fifty. Anyways WHAT A WIN! What did I say... jazz are good but they were playing way over their heads and heading for a whoopin.

not all of us are mercurial, dubs...I picked them to beat the Jazz, for one, won a fat $100 from JSW538 in the process, and picked them to win 50 at the beginning of the year...only thing they have to do is get healthy and keep Dung ninth in the rotation and it'll happen...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:26 am
I was almost certain that we would get handed by the "#1 team" in the association, but apparently the crew has bounced back from giving up 140 to just 78, simply amazing.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:40 am
There was actually not a single jazz player that played a good game. The closest being Deron Williams but with 6 TO's and 5 of 14 I won't say that is a desirable line for him either. Whether this is because of Don Nelson/Andris Biedrins and the zone defense or whether they all just had a collective bad night is tough to say. Probably some combination but I'm a believer in the former.
Last edited by cladden on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:53 am
Random game related comment from someone at jazzfanz.com:

Kirilenko is back to his greedy/ambitious ways. Yes, AK, we did sign you to a max contract. But that was a mistake because you are far from a franchise player. So the best thing you can do to help us is to act like the player you are -- a role player, and stop throwing the ball away or terribly missing shots.

Also, Brewer and Kirilenko screwed up many possessions together. Boozer had very lazy defense. Boozer and Okur WEREN'T GETTING TOUCHES. What a terrible game. I'm not going to concede to the GSW saying "Wow, this player is good" because they're not. Every single one that we saw sucks, from McBrick to Dunleavey. Don Nelson is good though for making them work against a zone.

Don't you just love it when he names our two worst players in that second to last line? :-)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:19 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Pest's neato stat-o-the-night: When Dunleavy was on the court we were outscored by fourteen. When he was off the court we outscored them by 27

:shock:

Well, that should be proof enough to never, and I mean NEVER, play him again. Not a single minute. Send him to the NBDL until his contract expires. :mrgreen:

About the game, I don't know what to think. This team is maddening. The Nuggets score 140 points on us, looking like they could have scored 180 had the game gone to overtime. And the next game, with even more injuries, we destroy the (supposedly) best team in the NBA. Deron played well (at least compared to his teammates), but we stopped any other Jazz.

We're probably something in between. Not as good as we looked today (defense?. I thought it was forbidden to play defense), but not as bad as against the Nuggets. But, at the same time, I don't think we'll ever play consistent bball. We'll have great nights in which we can win against anybody... and other we'll look destined to the lottery. That's how I see this team.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads