Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2006-11-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors take care of business in Denver?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:59 pm

YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes : 11

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:00 pm
We are the worst defensive team in all of organized sports!

We will never win another game without Ike. I'm so disgusted with our effort I could puke. Damn, can't anyone feel the slightest bit of pride and play defense? AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We suck, we suck we suck, we suck.

I've seen better defense from my high school team.

Let's not fool ourselves, we really don't belong in the NBA. We couldn't beat San Jose State with our shitttttttty defense............Shiiiiiiiiiit
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:08 pm
Geeze, don't go overboard will ya??

Sure we're playing like a piece of steaming dog turd tonight, and yes we're an awful defensive unit but we know how to put points on the board. To bad we can't seem to hold onto the ball on offense.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:11 pm
AB.....:D

Rest of the Warriors..... :banghead:
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:15 pm
AB is having a great game....apart from the turnovers. Then again, no one else on the Warriors roster seems to be able to hold on to it either.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:26 pm
And The Nuggets score 140! We Are Sooooooooo Awesome....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:26 pm
Worst collective defensive game that I've ever seen from both squads... This game came down to FT's: They made them, we didn't. Sad...score 130 and lose.
This season is not a flop.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:52 pm
Well what more are you suppose to expect from this team? We are down on bodies. No Baron, Pietrus left with the flu, no Diogu. Where are you trying to go with this one? Yes, we are horrible defensively, but last time I checked, we are not an defensive oriented team. This team builds around the fast break and moving the ball. We had hope because we were facing teams who refuse to play defense. Now comes the tougher part of the schedule. I can only hope that the Warriors survive this part of the schedule. Too early to say, "we suck, we suck, we suck." Time to start thinking before you act.

Anyway, yes the Warriors were horrible defensively. We're the 49ers of weeks 1-8. Horrible defense, giving up way too many points. But last time I checked, the Nuggets were one of the top scoring offenses in the NBA. We run on the break. That's our game. Trying to control the tempo, but we couldn't. The Nuggets did it all, and we let them do whatever they wanted.

Jsw...get out of here. You're a damn disgrace. That is way too harsh. Worse than Barkley.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:55 pm
What a bad game. It's nice to see Dre put in a career high but it's to no avail. Shiet... good efn night everybody***030***
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:07 am
Dudes, seems like, other than the 2nd quarter, they were dead even, Ws shot better percentage, got the same # of boards, looks like the main difference is Nuggets got to the line 11 more times and shot a better percentage when they got there. I am not at all surprised they lost on the road to a very high-powered Nuggets team. The Ws have the third fastest pace in the league, the Suns the second and the Nuggets the first. With no BD, No Ike and a sick Pietrus, I think it was an entertaining effort and nice to see Biedrins break out...though he and Dung had 12 turnovers, so gotta protect the ball more
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:07 am
jsw548 wrote:I've seen better defense from my high school team.

jsw548 wrote:I've been an avid W's fan since 1973

well, we all have the explanation for JSW's amazing knowledge of the game, either he's been a fan since before he was born or he's been in high school for thirty years :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:05 am
coltraning wrote:Dudes, seems like, other than the 2nd quarter, they were dead even, Ws shot better percentage, got the same # of boards, looks like the main difference is Nuggets got to the line 11 more times and shot a better percentage when they got there. I am not at all surprised they lost on the road to a very high-powered Nuggets team. The Ws have the third fastest pace in the league, the Suns the second and the Nuggets the first. With no BD, No Ike and a sick Pietrus, I think it was an entertaining effort and nice to see Biedrins break out...though he and Dung had 12 turnovers, so gotta protect the ball more

I don't agree much. I know we're not a defensive team, but 140 points allowed?. No self-respecting team can have a game in which the minimum points allowed in one quarter was 31. That's a disgrace. We allowed 62 points in the paint against Denver, for god's sake. We also had 26 turnovers. Anything over 10-12 is too much for any game, but 26!!!. I know Denver played almost as bad as we did, but that's not excuse.

The Nuggets are not that good either. They'll be a 6-8 seed in the playoffs, at best. In fact, I'm not even sure they're the second best team of the worst division in the West. We're fighting for those same spots as well.

I'm happy to see that Biedrins is developing nicely, but that's the only positive of this game. Other than that, it's a game to remember. A game that every player and coach in the staff has to have present for the rest of the season to not repeat a performance like this.

I know I sound a little down on the team, but I've never believed in a high powered offense with no defense, and seems that's where we're heading.

One last thing, that would improve the team immensely:

GET MURPHY OUT OF THE F*CKING LINEUP AND LET HIM ROT IN THE BENCH

God, I'm starting to hate him more than Dunleavy... I didn't believe that could be possible. :banghead:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:05 am
AB played very good :D
b-ball..

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:55 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

well, we all have the explanation for JSW's amazing knowledge of the game, either he's been a fan since before he was born or he's been in high school for thirty years :mrgreen:

My high school team back in 1978 genius. It was a joke, anyway, out of frustration.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:58 am
Another loss! The team is beat up and missing some players. Murphy is not as good as before either.

Biedrins had his best game ever so that is a good thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:06 pm
jsw548 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

My high school team back in 1978 genius. It was a joke, anyway, out of frustration.

---------->sarcasm

----------> jsw
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads