Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2006-11-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis suit up against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

YES
82%
NO
18%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:21 am
Denver definitely had control of this game throughout. The Warriors made some nice runs to get close and draw even, but as others have written, Denver always had an answer for the Warriors.

Baron Davis was clearly in some pain. I commend him for doing the best he could, but I know he was only at about 70%. His explosiveness and ability to get to the basket were sorely lacking and I just hope this injury does not linger too much longer as this team needs Baron. I feel his injury slowed the game down to a pace Denver wanted. I am not saying he should not have played, but I think Nellie should have rested him more throughout the game.

Rebounding, or lack thereof for the Warriors was a big undoing in this game. Between Murph, Biedrins, Dunleavy and others, no one could seem to keep Reggie Evans and Camby off the glass. These two combined for 30 boards. That is not good.

Also, the Warrior defense was brutal. Time after time Nugget players were driving to the hoop unimpeded for easy layups and short jumpers. That cannot happen. If it does, it will result in another Warriors loss which we all do not want. If they are going to play the zone, their rotations have to be quicker and better. The team seemed unorganized on the defensive side of things.

Lastly, the Nuggets have a lot of athletic, lenghty players in Diawara, DerMarr Johnson, JR Smith and others that caused problems for the Warrior offense. Specifically, it looked like Monta Ellis was having trouble getting by his man and even trying to get space for a jumper was hard for him. I hope Nellie can figure out a way to get him some good shots on Friday night.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:33 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Didn't see it, but what stands out in the box score is the huge disparity in FT % (here comes socool) - If Ws shoot 70% they win the game

That's endemic now. I'm not worried about the boards (most teams will probably beat us, but we can live with that. That's not our game), but the free throws are killing us. It happened the same last year, and this season looks like we may lose 5-10 games just for bad % from the charity stripe.

btw, Foyle played pretty well for the few minutes he had. I still believe he should get a spot on the rotation. Not many minutes, but he can help in a reduced role. If we can't trade him, I don't know why we wouldn't use him for the things he does well.

I know what you mean, TMC. Esp. in a game where we are uoutboarded by 20. However, I think Nelson is committed to his tempo and Foyle can't do that tempo.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:06 pm
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:Wow, I guess I f***ed up that prediction. And BayAreaWarrior, Pietrus got poked in the eye and was having a hard time seeing. That's the only reason why he was taken out.

Oh alright. I didn't catch that. I saw him holding a towel over his eye but I was guessing he was just wiping the sweat off his face.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:33 pm
TMC wrote:That's endemic now. I'm not worried about the boards (most teams will probably beat us, but we can live with that. That's not our game), but the free throws are killing us. It happened the same last year, and this season looks like we may lose 5-10 games just for bad % from the charity stripe.

btw, Foyle played pretty well for the few minutes he had. I still believe he should get a spot on the rotation. Not many minutes, but he can help in a reduced role. If we can't trade him, I don't know why we wouldn't use him for the things he does well.

I think the team has the personnel to be able to outrebound most teams. Biedrins, Murphy and Diogu are all capable rebounders and JRich, Baron and Pietrus seem to get good rebounds for their size.

Foyle should definately get regular time most games. Nothing major but 5-8mins should be enough to give effectiveness

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads