Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2006-11-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis suit up against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

YES
82%
NO
18%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 am
I watched the Nuggets play the Bulls last night and I think their style falls right into the way the Warriors want them to play. They are going to try to match the Warriors up and down the court and they do not have the horses to play like that.

JR Smith had a career night last night with 36 and despite scoring 29, Carmelo was not that spectacular in my opinion.

If the Warriors make this an uptempo game, which I am sure they will, I think they will win this one tonight. I do not think Denver is all that great. It will be important to keep Camby, Najera and Reggie Evans off the boards to limit second chance put backs and easy points.

Can't wait for the tip in......14 hours.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 am
if BD and Monta can go, Ws by 8
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:41 am
Personally, I'm not sure whether if BD will play tonight, as unfortunately he is so injury prone. I think Monta shouldn't be a problem as he is just blowin it up for us. As for J-Rich, whatever it takes to get him back to good ol 23 ppg like last year! Games against the Nuggets are usually pretty close, so I say if either BD or Monta plays well get the W by 6.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:31 pm
What the HELL is going on with Comcast in Fresno? FSN, FSN+, FSNHD = Sharks games

FSN+ is supposed to broadcast the Warriors game but its the damn Sharks game.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:51 pm
Wow didnt know that Monta Ellis was leading scorer for 2nr year player...

This feels like one of those games that will come down to the 4th quarter. Inconsistent calls from the Refs, and WE NEED TO STOP CARMELO & REGGIE EVANS :D :D

Our bench is damn leathal...that i admit
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:51 pm
im watching it. i have comcast digital. its on channel 410...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:09 pm
bigtime clutch players..... :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:27 pm
Great game but the Nugs pulled away in the last 3 minutes and even though the boys almost made a miraculous comeback (letting dunnyboy shoot the last shot was not the answer though :oops: ), they shouldn't have let the Nuggets pull away like that

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 pm
Didn't see it, but what stands out in the box score is the huge disparity in FT % (here comes socool) - If Ws shoot 70% they win the game

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:33 am
coltraning wrote:Didn't see it, but what stands out in the box score is the huge disparity in FT % (here comes socool) - If Ws shoot 70% they win the game

What else is new! That and the rebounds!

This team can score! they just have to try harder on rebounds and they have finally got to get the fukin FT shooting up to at least decent

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:01 am
didnt get to catch the game on tv.. how was baron lookin out there first game back? from teh stat sheet he did quite well.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:29 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:Didn't see it, but what stands out in the box score is the huge disparity in FT % (here comes socool) - If Ws shoot 70% they win the game

What else is new! That and the rebounds!

This team can score! they just have to try harder on rebounds and they have finally got to get the fukin FT shooting up to at least decent

rebounding will be helped when ike returns, and it does seem like Pietrus, Davis and Biedrins have all improved their FT - JRich is going the wrong way on FT...on the up side, 7 blocks for Andris, and, other than FT, best game of the season for Jrich and nice games by baron, Monta and Murphy
Last edited by coltraning on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:29 am
Baron did what he could manage with those ribs still in tact.

The whole game seemed unexciting. There were times where I could get on my feet over something worth clapping and yelling, though it was mostly near the end of the game. The tempo was always in Denver's favor. The Warriors never actually controlled the game. If you thought they did, I wouldn't blame you, but what you're mistaken by is that when the Warriors went on a run, Denver answered right back at the Warriors with their own. Murphy was real soft, R-E-A-L soft on the boards. If anyone deserved booing at that game, it should be Murphy, not Dun, Murph. Also the Nuggets were fearless, driving the ball to the hoop. And most of the time, the Warriors hardly contested the shot. The Warriors didn't drive much either. They started putting up jump shots from the perimeter... and missing. In the 3rd quarter, I looked up at the scoreboard and it showed the Nuggets had 1 team foul, and there was about 6 minutes left in the quarter. The Warriors just weren't aggressive. And if anything else, the Warriors didn't rebound either. To make a long analysis short, the Warriors lost because of too many missed FT's, one too many missed layups, bad interior defense, horrible defensive rebounding, and the fact they were not able to sustain a tempo in their favor. It's that simple, and the Warriors could not capitalize on many of those things.

Also, I did not understand what was up with benching Pietrus with 7 minutes left in the game, the tempo on your side, and him on fire. When Pietrus was in, the game was different, the tempo was balanced. And when he got going, the Warriors seemed unstoppable. Pietrus was hitting his shots, making his layups, and hell, even making his FT's. Then he came out. What was the move for? Was he out of breath? Was he tired? Did he hurt himself? What? For whatever reason, I hope it's a good one. The game was in the Warriors favor and once a red hot Pietrus got going, he was cooled off from the bench.

I'd also like to add that this was a very weird game. Foyle was playing. Scored and rebounded. And didn't hear much boo's when this was said... "Checking into the game for the Denver Nuggets is Joe Smith."

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:06 am
Wow, I guess I f***ed up that prediction. And BayAreaWarrior, Pietrus got poked in the eye and was having a hard time seeing. That's the only reason why he was taken out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:06 am

That's endemic now. I'm not worried about the boards (most teams will probably beat us, but we can live with that. That's not our game), but the free throws are killing us. It happened the same last year, and this season looks like we may lose 5-10 games just for bad % from the charity stripe.

btw, Foyle played pretty well for the few minutes he had. I still believe he should get a spot on the rotation. Not many minutes, but he can help in a reduced role. If we can't trade him, I don't know why we wouldn't use him for the things he does well.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads