I Love Monta

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:46 am
migya wrote:Mullin just has to keep proposing trades involving Foyle, dun and Murphy.

Yeah. Exactly like you do in fantasy leagues... crappy trades and hope someone bites. :wink:

Something like this?, migya:

Mullin.- Yo, Billy King?.

BK.- Yeah, what's up?

M.- Remember last week I called you to offer Dunleavy and Murphy for Webber's expirer?.

BK.- Yeah, dumbest trade I've been offered this decade. My wife couldn't stop laughing for three days. Good times, pal.

M.- Yeah, well, you know... I now understand I wasn't being fair. I won't get anything with a proposal as biased as that one. So... even tho it's like pulling teeth, I've decided to add something to the offer. You'll run out of reasons to refuse... What if we add Foyle to the trade?

BK.- *SILENCE (of disbelief)... then erupts laughing*

At least, that's how I feel about your trades. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 am
The Real Newman wrote:
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:Sorry, I apologize. Kinda slipped.

thanks...

lol u thank people for an apology, u sir might be the nicest person in the world.(presuming u r Jewish)

The thanks is for 32 being a mensch, and I would have objected regardless of the ethnic group. I think it takes courage to admit a mistake, bro, and you rarely see it on this kind of board. Believe me, I know the other way, used to go there myself (recovering angry guy).
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:28 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin just has to keep proposing trades involving Foyle, dun and Murphy.

Yeah. Exactly like you do in fantasy leagues... crappy trades and hope someone bites. :wink:

BK.- Yeah, what's up?

M.- Remember last week I called you to offer Dunleavy and Murphy for Webber's expirer?.

BK.- Yeah, dumbest trade I've been offered this decade. My wife couldn't stop laughing for three days. Good times, pal.

M.- Yeah, well, you know... I now understand I wasn't being fair. I won't get anything with a proposal as biased as that one. So... even tho it's like pulling teeth, I've decided to add something to the offer. You'll run out of reasons to refuse... What if we add Foyle to the trade?

or the old classic

M - Isiah!! I've been meaning to talk to you. Remember I told you pietrus could suit up as a knick and Cohan would keep paying him?
Zeke - Well yes I do. And I'm disgusted by it
M - Well, now I want MP back
Zeke - No way, I am already short on athletic guards with no basketball IQ
M - Fine, I'll trade you Baron and J-rich for him.
Zeke - NO DEAL!
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:57 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:or the old classic

M - Isiah!! I've been meaning to talk to you. Remember I told you pietrus could suit up as a knick and Cohan would keep paying him?
Zeke - Well yes I do. And I'm disgusted by it
M - Well, now I want MP back
Zeke - No way, I am already short on athletic guards with no basketball IQ
M - Fine, I'll trade you Baron and J-rich for him.
Zeke - NO DEAL!

Of course. That one was my inspiration. :thumbup:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:42 pm
TMC wrote:

BK.- Yeah, what's up?

::lol: :D
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 am
TMC wrote:

BK.- Yeah, what's up?

You just don't know talent TMC!
:mrgreen:

Mullin has to make something happen and there will always be teams looking for a shot blocker or a rebounder. That makes Foyle and Murphy a possibility to be traded but dun might just be the hardest one to get rid of

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 am
migya wrote:Mullin has to make something happen and there will always be teams looking for a shot blocker or a rebounder. That makes Foyle and Murphy a possibility to be traded but dun might just be the hardest one to get rid of

Foyle?. I can believe someone can have interest in Murph, but Foyle?. Who in his right mind would trade for him until he becomes an expirer?
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:48 pm
What does the Warriors organization have to do to keep Monta?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:05 pm
Convince their owner to shell out a lot of money.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin has to make something happen and there will always be teams looking for a shot blocker or a rebounder. That makes Foyle and Murphy a possibility to be traded but dun might just be the hardest one to get rid of

Foyle?. I can believe someone can have interest in Murph, but Foyle?. Who in his right mind would trade for him until he becomes an expirer?

A team that is in need of a shot blocker! Like the Bucks! That team would be a whole lot better with a shot blocker as Bogut just isn't doing it right now. They seem to get smashed by bigs

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 am
migya wrote:A team that is in need of a shot blocker! Like the Bucks! That team would be a whole lot better with a shot blocker as Bogut just isn't doing it right now. They seem to get smashed by bigs

They have one in Gadzuric. If they want blocks, they just need to play him more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:53 am
Hoonyo wrote:What does the Warriors organization have to do to keep Monta?

As #32 said, Cohan needs to be willing to give him a lot of money. That's all. Cap doesn't matter in this case.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:26 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:A team that is in need of a shot blocker! Like the Bucks! That team would be a whole lot better with a shot blocker as Bogut just isn't doing it right now. They seem to get smashed by bigs

They have one in Gadzuric. If they want blocks, they just need to play him more.

That's just it, they have one only and that is hurting them from what I've seen.

Point is that if foyle can not be traded, he must be bought out early in the offseason if both Pietrus and Biedrins are to be kept (if Monta is up for signing, him and Biedrins are the priorities)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 pm
once again, another top tier performance by monta. if he keeps this up. he is a guaranteed winner of the most improved player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:01 am
d1mex wrote:once again, another top tier performance by monta. if he keeps this up. he is a guaranteed winner of the most improved player.

Yea, he and Biedrins have produced far more so far this season but we'll have to see if they can keep this up

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball