Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2006-11-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you think Baron Davis will be able to suit up against the Suns?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:51 pm

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 20

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:52 am
carlgo wrote:Can't overcome a real cramp, it is physically impossible. A bad cramp takes over your body and applies your muscles in ways you cannot control. Has to do with a change in the tissues that acts like a ratchet so that the muscles only work in one direction. A Dr told me that, or similar.

It is always amusing when fans call out players for not being as tough as they are, or my favorite: "If I were making $8 million per year I wouldn't let injury slow me down".:roll:

True. I've also gotten through that, and there's no way you can play. If it's hard enough, you'll be barely able to move... Injuries are a b*tch. I may say sh*t about players if they suck, but not if they're injured. Sometimes, your only option is to rest.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:01 pm
Two quick points...

1. Props to Dun. :D Anyone who reads my posts with any kind of regularity, know my disdain for Dun, but he looked good last night. Coming off the bench seems to be his niche. Keep up the good work Dun!

2. After hearing Marjerle commentate during the 2nd quarter made me not feel so bad for having Barnett as a commentator. Marjerle is terrible, and I feel sorry for the Suns fans that have to hear him game in and game out...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:09 pm
God, I miss Murphy...

9 minutes... 9 rebounds.

He's been hot all season. We need him back bad.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:43 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:
[quote="BT"It's a cramp. Now I've had some pretty bad cramps in my legs after long long games of non stop basketball, but wow, Ellis needs to suck that **** up. .

Can't overcome a real cramp, it is physically impossible. A bad cramp takes over your body and applies your muscles in ways you cannot control. Has to do with a change in the tissues that acts like a ratchet so that the muscles only work in one direction. A Dr told me that, or similar.

It is always amusing when fans call out players for not being as tough as they are, or my favorite: "If I were making $8 million per year I wouldn't let injury slow me down".Rolling Eyes

Honestly, girls get cramps when they PMS. Does the Warriors training staff need a bottle of Midol in case Ellis cramps up? :) When he came down and just crumbled, I immediately thought it was his knee, so I went "Oh ****" to myself, but then Barnett said it was a cramp.........and when you do get a really bad cramp, you immediatly stretch the muscle in the opposite direction of the where the musles are directed at. You don't crumble to the floor for couple minutes in front of everybody like you just got shot in the chest multiple times. The kid was sprawled across the floor with a cramp. I've had a Grade III ankle sprain where theres a complete tear, there was 5 more minutes in the game, and the coach took a timeout, I then took a break for the next 2 baskets, wrapped it up completly, tied my shoes. played the last 2 and a half minutes because nobody could defend the block. I eventually went to Arthur Ting, and rehabed for a year and never played basketball game again. but Ellis needs to step up with the toughness
New. Stuff.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:48 pm
the dubs had some turnovers down the stretch but it was a great game anyways (w/o baron). JR had a great look too

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:51 pm
the suns are a team looking 4 a title and 60 wins this year: i thought we did damn well, notwithstanding the loss.

the fact that we forced the 2-time mvp to make a play at the end of the game to win it, says alot about this team. we took em to the wire without diddy, and might have won if it weren't 4 some bonehead-ass miscues:
barnes wondering pass the hash marks durind biedrins last free-throw; pietrus missing layups; poor passing decisions...

everone's said it, monta's a pimp. i see his perimeter game blossoming, and once that gets going he'll put up 25-30 EVERY night.

if we continue to play this way, NO TEAM will want to come to the oracle arena.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 pm
I've had a Grade III ankle sprain where theres a complete tear, there was 5 more minutes in the game, and the coach took a timeout, I then took a break for the next 2 baskets, wrapped it up completly, tied my shoes. played the last 2 and a half minutes because nobody could defend the block. I eventually went to Arthur Ting, and rehabed for a year and never played basketball game again. but Ellis needs to step up with the toughness

Uhh... you just said you never played again after you want back on your ankle. Ever think that if you did come out maybe you would have been able to play again? One game is not woth sacrificing multiple games. I recently dislocated my shoulder in a game popped it back in and kept playing. Worst decsion i ever made I ended up popping it back out and I had to have surgery and now im done for the season. Lesson here is if your injured get the **** out of the game.

Either way i dont believe monta would have had much of an impact even if he did come back in. We got a wide open three at the end of the game which is all we could have asked for J Rich just missed...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Either way i dont believe monta would have had much of an impact even if he did come back in. We got a wide open three at the end of the game which is all we could have asked for J Rich just missed...

I knew, in my gut, that it was the wrong decision. I mean, my head was telling me that JRich should take the shot... but my gut feeling was saying Dunleavy (who, besides Monta, was the hottest player we had last night). I know, I know... the man crumbles under pressure, but you can't say he'd have done any worse than JRich.

This is the depressing part: Richardson's shot was dead-on: you can see his face the whole time; he thought he made it. But his knee didn't give him enough power to project the shot and it fell short. On any given day, that shot's going in.

The Richardson-Knee problem is the reason we lost against Phoenix. Jason needs to sit down a few more games and get back into shape. If not having Richardson for the next 5 games means that we'll get our 25 PPG shooting guard back in the same form he was last year, than I'd do that (no questions asked).

I knew, prior to the season, that Richardson would have a setback year... but its still depressing to watch.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:06 pm
Tell me about it. And ya you are completely right when he shot it I jumped out of my seat... I thought it was in. Last year no way he would have come up short. And I agree that J Rich should take some games off because hes obviously not right.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Bummed about the final score but the warriors looked good.
If it wasnt for the Suns (Raja Bell) 3 point shooting we get this one.
And props to Dun. Good game for him. Anyone know how Ellis is?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:42 pm
The official report was "a cramp".

Cramps are temporary. He'll likely play next game.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm
BT wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:
[quote="BT"It's a cramp. Now I've had some pretty bad cramps in my legs after long long games of non stop basketball, but wow, Ellis needs to suck that **** up. .

Can't overcome a real cramp, it is physically impossible. A bad cramp takes over your body and applies your muscles in ways you cannot control. Has to do with a change in the tissues that acts like a ratchet so that the muscles only work in one direction. A Dr told me that, or similar.

It is always amusing when fans call out players for not being as tough as they are, or my favorite: "If I were making $8 million per year I wouldn't let injury slow me down".Rolling Eyes

Honestly, girls get cramps when they PMS. Does the Warriors training staff need a bottle of Midol in case Ellis cramps up? :) When he came down and just crumbled, I immediately thought it was his knee, so I went "Oh ****" to myself, but then Barnett said it was a cramp.........and when you do get a really bad cramp, you immediatly stretch the muscle in the opposite direction of the where the musles are directed at. You don't crumble to the floor for couple minutes in front of everybody like you just got shot in the chest multiple times. The kid was sprawled across the floor with a cramp. I've had a Grade III ankle sprain where theres a complete tear, there was 5 more minutes in the game, and the coach took a timeout, I then took a break for the next 2 baskets, wrapped it up completly, tied my shoes. played the last 2 and a half minutes because nobody could defend the block. I eventually went to Arthur Ting, and rehabed for a year and never played basketball game again. but Ellis needs to step up with the toughness
Are you kidding me with the Monta needs to step up with the toughness comment :roll: It doesn't sound like being a tough guy worked out to well for you, just last week Monta was flagrantly clotheslined by J Terry, got up woozy, hit his ft's and then got a steal on 'D' :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm
Dubs4life wrote:
I've had a Grade III ankle sprain where theres a complete tear, there was 5 more minutes in the game, and the coach took a timeout, I then took a break for the next 2 baskets, wrapped it up completly, tied my shoes. played the last 2 and a half minutes because nobody could defend the block. I eventually went to Arthur Ting, and rehabed for a year and never played basketball game again. but Ellis needs to step up with the toughness

Uhh... you just said you never played again after you want back on your ankle. Ever think that if you did come out maybe you would have been able to play again? One game is not woth sacrificing multiple games. I recently dislocated my shoulder in a game popped it back in and kept playing. Worst decsion i ever made I ended up popping it back out and I had to have surgery and now im done for the season. Lesson here is if your injured get the **** out of the game.

Either way i dont believe monta would have had much of an impact even if he did come back in. We got a wide open three at the end of the game which is all we could have asked for J Rich just missed...

Beautifully said! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads