Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2006-11-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis suit up against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

YES
82%
NO
18%

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 pm
Denver Nuggets (5-4) @ Golden State Warriors (7-4)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Mickael Pietrus
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Andre Miller
SG - J.R. Smith
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Eduardo Najera
C - Marcus Camby

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.7) | C. Anthony (31.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (8.7) | M. Camby (10.8)
APG - B. Davis (8.3) | A. Miller (8.8)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | A. Miller (1.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.2) | M. Camby (2.0)
Last edited by krome on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 pm
Warriors by 15, at least.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:08 am
Another hard game to call. The Nuggets are a real good team that can play some defense and have a big frontline. The team needs to run and gun!

Warriors by 8

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:18 am
15? With Melo leading the league in scoring? With George Karl as the coach? With Camby blocking those Monta layups? I think we split our two games with Nuggets. We get the home win, they get the one in Denver.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:59 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:15? With Melo leading the league in scoring? With George Karl as the coach? With Camby blocking those Monta layups? I think we split our two games with Nuggets. We get the home win, they get the one in Denver.

I'm with sleepy here. I think we beat them by 3 at home, and lose there... They're too good (even without K-Mart) to lose both games against us. I'll be happy if we split games with them.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 am
I like the Warriors chance on Wednesday night at the Oracle against the Nuggets. Denver is definitely no pushover and will be a tough team. Carmelo Anthony is playing well as is Andre Miller and Marcus Camby.

The key for the Warriors are the injured players. If Monta and Baron can play I can see a win for the Warriors. Even if only Monta plays I think the Warriors can win.

Should be interesting to see what lineup Nellie trots out there for the Warriors. I am also intrigued to watch the Biedrins-Camby matchup in the middle. I like our Latvian to have another strong game Wednesday night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:10 pm
Baron Davis will come back... but Nelly's gonna limit the minutes of Monta (cramp last night) and Murphy. Melo's been one of the hottest players in the NBA so far. If he heats up, it'll be a tough one.

Warriors by 8.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 pm
if they can manage some boards against denver's front line, and run, run, run it won't be as close as i think it might be.

they have noone shooting 3s at 40% or better. i say dare em to shoot it and play the zone.
u can find me in the club. need seats?? let me know.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:16 pm
They have no outside shooters (sorry melo), najera is garbage, ive never really liked andre millers game that much. We win if Biedrins can keep Camby off the boards (if either baron or monta are back) and melo doesnt blow a wad all over our faces to the tune of 40+.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:52 pm
J Rich usually has good games against this club, I think he had 40 last year vs. them. If he can get his shot to go down and BD plays we should get this one, you know we are gunning for a win after that heartbreaker last night.
Ws by 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:11 pm
Dubs4life wrote:They have no outside shooters (sorry melo), najera is garbage, ive never really liked andre millers game that much. We win if Biedrins can keep Camby off the boards (if either baron or monta are back) and melo doesnt blow a wad all over our faces to the tune of 40+.

I have to disagree with your assessment of Miller. he is one of the few guards in the league that can out muscle Baron Davis. He is a beast of a guard with a very good mid-range jump shot.

The key match-up here is Pietrus vs Anthony. If Mikel can slow him down the Warriors should win easy.

By the way, what is Nene doing this year?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:47 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:I have to disagree with your assessment of Miller. he is one of the few guards in the league that can out muscle Baron Davis. He is a beast of a guard with a very good mid-range jump shot.

His mid-range jumper isn't that great. It just seems good because he takes a lotta shots from inside (he can't shoot 3's to save his life).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm
they have size, but we have MONTA. warriors by 9. j-rich has a breakout game...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:14 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
Dubs4life wrote:They have no outside shooters (sorry melo), najera is garbage, ive never really liked andre millers game that much. We win if Biedrins can keep Camby off the boards (if either baron or monta are back) and melo doesnt blow a wad all over our faces to the tune of 40+.

I have to disagree with your assessment of Miller. he is one of the few guards in the league that can out muscle Baron Davis. He is a beast of a guard with a very good mid-range jump shot.

The key match-up here is Pietrus vs Anthony. If Mikel can slow him down the Warriors should win easy.

By the way, what is Nene doing this year?

I agree totally! Andre Miller is a great guard that is like Nash to the Nuggets. Pietrus could really look great if he is able to slow down Melo. Nene has been a surprise as I thought he would do great this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:40 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:By the way, what is Nene doing this year?

He has only played four games due to injuries... This time the other knee.
Next

Return to Game Threads