Lets Get Marion

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:38 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:06 pm
And thats easier said than done and may take a young prospect. The situation in Phoenix is that Diaw and Stoudemire already make a great front court. You throw Kurt Thomas in there and its solid. Marion maybe dealt if the package is right. They've just signed Diaw to a pretty big extension and his calling is the SF spot. They can use some expiring contracts and some young talent, especially at the center spot or a big man that can shoot. None of their bigs are shooters and a guy like Murphy could be their guy. He would work out nice in D'Antoni ball even if he's the 5. Nash, Bell, Diaw, Stoudemire, and Murphy could be a solid line up. Throw in Pietrus and the youngster, O'Bryant and it all works out on Realgm's trade checker.

Marion is the best rebounding small forward in the league, a great shot blocker, and as athletic as they come. Would fit nicely with this team. Imagine a starting line up of Davis, Ellis, Richardson, Marion, and Biedrins. All of a sudden, the PF spot isn't as much of a liability when it comes to rebounding as Marion can give them 10+ per game. He's built to run and Davis could take his pick on who to pass to on the break.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Although I'm not big on the idea of starting a 6'7" guy at PF, I'd give my right nut to give Marion. Unfortunately, I doubt D'Antoni would.

Marion put up MVP numbers last year (don't believe me, check). He had the best overall stats in all of basketball. I doubt we're gonna get our paws on him if our big hook is Troy Murphy. Pietrus is attractive to Phoenix... but they might get him on the free agent market this offseason anyway, so they have no incentive to nab him early. And Patrick O'Bryant is still too raw to be a draw for any team.

I'd love to add Marion. My starting lineup would probably end up:

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Shawn Marion
PF - Ike Diogu
C - Andris Biedrins
6th - Monta Ellis

But I doubt it'll happen. It would give us the best Big 3 in all of basketball.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:54 pm
RUNTMC2007 wrote:And thats easier said than done and may take a young prospect. The situation in Phoenix is that Diaw and Stoudemire already make a great front court. You throw Kurt Thomas in there and its solid. Marion maybe dealt if the package is right. They've just signed Diaw to a pretty big extension and his calling is the SF spot. They can use some expiring contracts and some young talent, especially at the center spot or a big man that can shoot. None of their bigs are shooters and a guy like Murphy could be their guy. He would work out nice in D'Antoni ball even if he's the 5. Nash, Bell, Diaw, Stoudemire, and Murphy could be a solid line up. Throw in Pietrus and the youngster, O'Bryant and it all works out on Realgm's trade checker.

Marion is the best rebounding small forward in the league, a great shot blocker, and as athletic as they come. Would fit nicely with this team. Imagine a starting line up of Davis, Ellis, Richardson, Marion, and Biedrins. All of a sudden, the PF spot isn't as much of a liability when it comes to rebounding as Marion can give them 10+ per game. He's built to run and Davis could take his pick on who to pass to on the break.




Diaw has surprisingly not been that good so far this season so Marion is not that expendable right now. Marion is great though and I've been saying that he would be a great fit for the team for a while now. If Diaw does get back to how he was, Amare does the same and Kurt Thomas keeps playing well, Marion and his big contract become very expendable for the Suns and I reckon they would be interested in just Murphy and Pietrus.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:55 pm
#32 wrote:PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Shawn Marion
PF - Ike Diogu
C - Andris Biedrins
6th - Monta Ellis

But I doubt it'll happen. It would give us the best Big 3 in all of basketball.




That lineup is the best for sure and it is a contender for best in the nba!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:46 pm
i like it, murph is underachieving right now, marion is a solid player. and he can make shots. if we can do it, hell yeah. i dont know if the suns will trade him though.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:40 am
I don't think there's a chance we trade for Marion. It would cost too much. Phoenix shouldn't settle for less than J-Rich and Ike or Biedrins... and I certainly woulnd't make that trade.

It'd be great to have him... but lopsided trades like the one that got us Baron only happen once in a decade.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:55 am
TMC wrote:It'd be great to have him... but lopsided trades like the one that got us Baron only happen once in a decade.



Unless a team is looking to get rid of a certain player because he has been replaced by another that is similar enough to him or effective enough to replace him and has a cheaper contract, like the Suns have with Diaw and Marion. The only thing is that Diaw is not playing like he did last season so far but if he does and the Suns make noise that they are interested in moving Marion, Mullin should offer the youth and production of Pietrus and Murphy and that should be enough
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:04 pm
The Suns don't NEED to get rid of Marion; he can play either forward spot. Right now, their best bet is starting Amare at center, with Marion and Diaw at the forwards. Kurt Thomas is a bench player.

There's no roadblock in Phoenix.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:26 am
Kurt Thomas was acquired because Amare doesn't want to play Center and the Suns coaching staff has stated that they don't want him to either. It was considered that their frontline was soft and needed more defensive presence and Thomas was supposed to be that and has actually been decent enough when he has got playing time. Diaw has not played all that well and some of that may have to do with Marion being there.

Never know but it would be good to put an offer in for either Diaw or Marion at season's end
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:38 pm
I think its more likely they'll try to move Diaw before they move Marion.

I told everybody last season that Diaw wasn't sh*t and nobody listened. Like I said, Nash made him look A LOT better than he really was. Right now, the Suns aren't winning. I'd attribute that to Nash not elevating the play of his teammates the way he did the last couple of years. So now we're seeing a clearer view of their true skills. Diaw isn't sh*t.

Where are all the Diaw supporters now that claimed that "all he needed were minutes"...? :roll:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:42 pm
Just a tiny problem. There is no way in hell the suns are giving up marion the guy is a complete savage. We would need to be offering something like MP, JR, and monta to even get them to consider it
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:12 pm
#32 wrote:I think its more likely they'll try to move Diaw before they move Marion.

I told everybody last season that Diaw wasn't sh*t and nobody listened. Like I said, Nash made him look A LOT better than he really was. Right now, the Suns aren't winning. I'd attribute that to Nash not elevating the play of his teammates the way he did the last couple of years. So now we're seeing a clearer view of their true skills. Diaw isn't sh*t.

Where are all the Diaw supporters now that claimed that "all he needed were minutes"...? :roll:


I agree that Diaw isn't as good as he was last year. That being said his minutes have gone down this year and they have Thomas and Amare healthy now. Not really that surprising that he's not getting the same numbers. That being said I think last year will be his best season of his career.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:57 pm
Exactly!

Everybody was acting like this guy was the new Magic ****ing Johnson! Boris Diaw isn't ****! And I've been saying that for the past year!
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:53 am
#32 wrote:Exactly!

Everybody was acting like this guy was the new Magic ****ing Johnson! Boris Diaw isn't ****! And I've been saying that for the past year!


You're not alone at that... I've said he was overrated for the whole past season. Nobody can be as bad as he was in Atlanta and as good as he looked last year. Probably something in between.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:12 am
cladden wrote:
#32 wrote:I think its more likely they'll try to move Diaw before they move Marion.

I told everybody last season that Diaw wasn't sh*t and nobody listened. Like I said, Nash made him look A LOT better than he really was. Right now, the Suns aren't winning. I'd attribute that to Nash not elevating the play of his teammates the way he did the last couple of years. So now we're seeing a clearer view of their true skills. Diaw isn't sh*t.

Where are all the Diaw supporters now that claimed that "all he needed were minutes"...? :roll:


I agree that Diaw isn't as good as he was last year. That being said his minutes have gone down this year and they have Thomas and Amare healthy now. Not really that surprising that he's not getting the same numbers. That being said I think last year will be his best season of his career.



That's right, with Kurt and Amare healthy and playing alot more minutes, Diaw has been the odd man to have his minutes reduced. Diaw showed las tseason that he has great skills and he consistently performed VERY well and it wasn't just Nash's doing, you either have skills or you don't and Diaw showed he did! Right now, he is just in a funk and consequently, so are th Suns! Diaw really looks to be a vital piece of the Suns that is needed for them to be real good and I think he'll get back to what he was last season this season, how soon is the question
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron