I Love Monta

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:56 pm
J-Rich wrote:The W's need to trade MDJ and Foyle for some expiring contracts before that time comes to resigning them!!!!


I am pretty sure that the warriors will not sign pitrus or ellis this offseason. Beacuse no one is gonna take those garbage contracts that mullin has signed his boys to. Plus even if the warriors are able to get rid of a contract, they will need that money to sign AB.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:23 am
Screw AB. Right now, retaining Monta is the key.

Chris Cohan, if you ***** us out on this team, I'll ****ing muder you. Seriously, you prick. Don't you ****ing cheap out on us, like you always do, to avoid the luxury tax. Ellis, Biedrins, and Diogu are the LAST players you need to right major checks for. After that, its minimum wage crap and short term deals for the next 6 years.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:25 am
#32 wrote:Screw AB. Right now, retaining Monta is the key.

Chris Cohan, if you jew us out on this team, I'll ****ing muder you. Seriously, you prick. Don't you ****ing cheap out on us, like you always do, to avoid the luxury tax. Ellis, Biedrins, and Diogu are the LAST players you need to right major checks for. After that, its minimum wage crap and short term deals for the next 6 years.

That is a Grossly offensive and hateful anti-semitic comment. Retract it, it has NO place on this board, 32, and you are better than that. It is 2006 for god's sake and we are not in some racist backwater!!!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:14 am
If Cohan does this, I'm going to riot outside Oracle Arena for a new owner. He's been the Warriors owner one too many years long. If he doesn't find a way to retain our young rising talent, then I will along with 32, jump the f*cker, stab him like there's no tomorrow, and shoot the prik in the head about a good 15 times. I'm tired of Cohan, the worthless piece of sh*t needs to go. And if anyone thinks Dunleavy or Foyle first, get a clue. As long as Cohan's here, they'll stay long enough to have us unable to keep guys like Monta and Biedrins.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:39 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:If Cohan does this, I'm going to riot outside Oracle Arena for a new owner. He's been the Warriors owner one too many years long. If he doesn't find a way to retain our young rising talent, then I will along with 32, jump the f*cker, stab him like there's no tomorrow, and shoot the prik in the head about a good 15 times.


I know it's getting old, but...

Image

:mrgreen:
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 am
well after yesterday's performance ellis might stay, but I stand pat that only one out of pietrus, AB, ellis will be signed to a long term deal.

I blame mullin for this way more than Cohan, he has no concept of a Cap.
Well look at it this way, for the future we can still have a starting lineup of

Barron
JR
MD Jr
Murphy
POB

pretty sexy huh!!!!!

The only was to get out of this predicament is IFF

A) Mullin gets rid of Dunleavy's contract(highly unlikely)
B) Mullins gets rid of Murphy's contract(most likely, but still unlikely)

if mullin is able to to do this the the warriors might be able to retain everybody. (pietrus, ellis, AB and Ike)


Cheers everybody!
Last edited by The Real Newman on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:27 am
The Real Newman wrote:The only was to get out of this predicament is IFF

A) Mullin gets rid of Dunleavy's contract(highly unlikely)
B) Mullins gets rid of Murphy's contract(most likely, but still unlikely)

if mullin is able to to do this the the warriors might be able to retain everybody. (pietrus, ellis, AB and Ike)


I wouldn't count on keeping everybody unless Mullin finds a way to get rid of BOTH contracts. If it's only one, I think Pietrus is gone...

We don't have to worry much about Ike, as both Baron and Foyle's contract will be out of the books the offseason he becomes a free agent. That is, unless we re-sign Baron... but there's still time in their contracts. We can worry about them later.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 am
TMC wrote:
The Real Newman wrote:The only was to get out of this predicament is IFF

A) Mullin gets rid of Dunleavy's contract(highly unlikely)
B) Mullins gets rid of Murphy's contract(most likely, but still unlikely)

if mullin is able to to do this the the warriors might be able to retain everybody. (pietrus, ellis, AB and Ike)


I wouldn't count on keeping everybody unless Mullin finds a way to get rid of BOTH contracts. If it's only one, I think Pietrus is gone...

We don't have to worry much about Ike, as both Baron and Foyle's contract will be out of the books the offseason he becomes a free agent. That is, unless we re-sign Baron... but there's still time in their contracts. We can worry about them later.



Its inevitable man, just accept the fact that suffering is part of a warrior fans life, the warriors will not be able to do both, if either.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:41 am
The Real Newman wrote:Its inevitable man, just accept the fact that suffering is part of a warrior fans life, the warriors will not be able to do both, if either.


Yeah, I can't see why anyone would trade for those players without sending us another loaded contract... I mean, it could happen for Murph, as he's a big man that usually has decent numbers, but who's going to trade for Dun with his contract?.

Still, we need to find a way to get rid of both or we won't re-sign everybody. Cohan won't pay a $70 million roster and another $25 million of luxury tax...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:32 am
TMC wrote:
Still, we need to find a way to get rid of both or we won't re-sign everybody. Cohan won't pay a $70 million roster and another $25 million of luxury tax...



That is what scares me about Mullin, he seems to be giving out contracts as if he never expects to draft a good player ever again.

Hell if the Suns let go of Joe Johnson(improved their record next year)

That other team let go of Arenas(had the same record next year)

Then why cant the warriors let go of ellis and pietrus and still end up with a playoff team

PS I am Bieng very sarcastic
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:22 pm
IF the warriors get to the playoffs this year then they should just resign everybody and keep everybody (while over the cap) for a long time. With the team as young as it is, we could feasibly have some real playoff continuity. If Cohan won't spend 100 million a year on salaries (counting lux tax) towards this end then he needs to go.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:07 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:Screw AB. Right now, retaining Monta is the key.

Chris Cohan, if you jew us out on this team, I'll ****ing muder you. Seriously, you prick. Don't you ****ing cheap out on us, like you always do, to avoid the luxury tax. Ellis, Biedrins, and Diogu are the LAST players you need to right major checks for. After that, its minimum wage crap and short term deals for the next 6 years.

That is a Grossly offensive and hateful anti-semitic comment. Retract it, it has NO place on this board, 32, and you are better than that. It is 2006 for god's sake and we are not in some racist backwater!!!

Sorry, I apologize. Kinda slipped.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:54 pm
#32 wrote:Sorry, I apologize. Kinda slipped.

thanks...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:41 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:Sorry, I apologize. Kinda slipped.

thanks...



lol u thank people for an apology, u sir might be the nicest person in the world.(presuming u r Jewish)
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:26 am
Mullin just has to keep proposing trades involving Foyle, dun and Murphy. As long as he keeps Baron, JRich, Monta, Diogu and Biedrins, it is alright. Pietrus is doing well and I'd like to keep him but if trading him gets rid of either of the three that need to be moved to create salary space, so be it!

Biedrins has shown real good play so far and Mullin should try to sign him to a contract now rather than have to compete with teams that are Center hungry and likely to throw a huge contract at him! A contract si,ilar to Murphy's should be the limit but worthy for Biedrins because he seems so important to the team winning winning right now and that is what is most important!

Monta needs to be signed right away after the season finishes because he is also essential to the team winning right now! He should actually be cheaper to sign than biedrins because he is a guard and there are a ton of them but like I've always said, Monta Ellis may not want to be a bench guard or third fiddle to Baron and JRich and may seek to be a star somewhere else and if that is the case, a sign and trade would be the best way to salvage something. Either that or let him go and sign Pietrus, Biedrins and Diogu and try to make a player out of Robertson or try to find another Monta type.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests