Boxing Fans?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:12 pm
That would be great to see, but even the hard-hitting Sam Peter couldn't knock out WK. I've seen Brock fight once, but he's not in WK's league.

Since WK went under the wings of Emanuel Steward he's been much better in conditioning, defense, and footwork which has elevated his overall skills.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:58 pm
Well, that was a one-sided fight. Brock’s fighting style was the only thing that kept him ‘till the 7th round. He ate too many hard jabs until WK’s right took him out (as expected). But great to see two fighters going for the heavyweight championship where one holds a PhD and the other a Bachelor’s degree.

Anyhow, on to Pacquiao vs. Morales this Saturday!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 am
Catch the match Cjr? Real quick 3 round KO on Morales. My boy Pacquiao did exactly what I expected. Pacquiao is just too quick on his feet. Morales may just be done. Barrera, you're next.

Can't wait to see the Oscar's next match in May.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:37 am
i cant wait for mayweather/de la hoya. biggest fight in boxing history.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 am
Manny killed Morales, it wasn't even funny. Ha! @ the weigh-in Morales looked like he was from a STARVING 3rd world country. He actually tried to let em fly with Manny...It wasn't a fight---***030***---

btw, one of the undercards got robbed...+ he was phillipino 2...ROBBED I SAY...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Catch the match Cjr? Real quick 3 round KO on Morales. My boy Pacquiao did exactly what I expected. Pacquiao is just too quick on his feet. Morales may just be done. Barrera, you're next.

Nah, I missed it! I had to travel to Latin America that Saturday evening and didn't have enough time before my flight. I’ll have to catch it on HBO this weekend. Anyhow, I was very confident that Manny would destroy Morales worse this time—and I’m glad he did. Manny is just much quicker and the harder puncher. Is Barrerra next (again)? I saw the first match and rematch would be great! Also, remember Prince Naseem Hamed. I would love for him and Manny to hook up so Manny could knock his ass out, too!

zero3zero wrote:Manny killed Morales, it wasn't even funny. Ha! @ the weigh-in Morales looked like he was from a STARVING 3rd world country. He actually tried to let em fly with Manny...It wasn't a fight---***030***---

Supposedly Morales lost the weight gradually this time to help him better adjust to the fighting weight. So Morales was letting em fly huh? That would spell for a short night, for Manny will not back down and his counter punches are deadly.

I know there’s another Filipino boxing sensation who’s up and coming. What was this guy’s name who got robbed? That's really too bad. These guys sacrifice and really train their asses off for months, and whenever you see that, it's a real freakin' shame.

Speaking of the Philippine Islands, I’m traveling there on business the end of next week. Can’t wait!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:28 pm
CjR wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Catch the match Cjr? Real quick 3 round KO on Morales. My boy Pacquiao did exactly what I expected. Pacquiao is just too quick on his feet. Morales may just be done. Barrera, you're next.

Nah, I missed it! I had to travel to Latin America that Saturday evening and didn't have enough time before my flight. I’ll have to catch it on HBO this weekend. Anyhow, I was very confident that Manny would destroy Morales worse this time—and I’m glad he did. Manny is just much quicker and the harder puncher. Is Barrerra next (again)? I saw the first match and rematch would be great! Also, remember Prince Naseem Hamed. I would love for him and Manny to hook up so Manny could knock his ass out, too!

Ah, that's too bad. Lasted 3 rounds. I had a feeling it was going to end early with the way it was starting to pan out. And I was thinking Barrera was next, though they said it may be a bit hard to work it out since both Pacquiao and Barrera promoters are Golden Boy.

CjR wrote:
zero3zero wrote:Manny killed Morales, it wasn't even funny. Ha! @ the weigh-in Morales looked like he was from a STARVING 3rd world country. He actually tried to let em fly with Manny...It wasn't a fight---***030***---

Supposedly Morales lost the weight gradually this time to help him better adjust to the fighting weight. So Morales was letting em fly huh? That would spell for a short night, for Manny will not back down and his counter punches are deadly.

I know there’s another Filipino boxing sensation who’s up and coming. What was this guy’s name who got robbed? That's really too bad. These guys sacrifice and really train their asses off for months, and whenever you see that, it's a real freakin' shame.

Speaking of the Philippine Islands, I’m traveling there on business the end of next week. Can’t wait!

I believe it's Jimrex Jaca. He has an upcoming match sometime soon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:00 pm
Thanks, Bay-dub. Hopefully they can make this work, for a Manny vs. Barrera II would be a war!

Jaca is fighting tonight versus Marquez. Never seen Jaca, but Marquez is a cagey veteran and an excellent boxer, so he'll probably have an edge.

I’d like to see Manny get a rematch with Marquez, as well. Manny should have won that first fight by a slight edge (especially since he floored Marquez three times).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:39 am
I would sure love to see Barrera and Manny again. That first fight was fierce.

Marquez won tonight but Jaca did last longer than I thought. He took a beating but still stood 'til the 9th round. He's young and still learning, it'll be a matter of time before he comes in and becomes the next Filipino sensation.

Pacquiao/Marquez II or Pacquiao/Barrera II are the only matches I want to see the next couple fights by Manny. I really want to see Marquez first because I do think that first time was not worth calling a draw. Should've been Pacquiao's on a split decision if not by TKO. I do not really care who he fights first, I just think it's time Manny shows everyone he is truely the best of his class.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:17 am
sorry fellas but boxing is dying quickly and MMA is rising faster...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:02 am
I agree that MMA is on the rise. But there’s no reason why the two can’t co-exist (much like football, basketball, and baseball). Boxing is still in a different class because it’s an art form vs. a free-for-all that usually ends up on the ground, wresting, grappling, and chocking. Right now, it doesn’t help (especially for casual fans) that there are just not as many boxing sensations or juggernauts to get excited about—especially in the Heavyweight Division.

Emanuel Steward actually talked about this when asked about the Heavys. There’s a shortage of promising U.S. boxers who can really challenge for the crown. Maybe they are pursuing football, basketball, or baseball. When there is no great rising heavyweight or champion to draw attention, it doesn’t generate much interest. The lighter weights alone cannot carry it. But it’s cyclical. And people are forgetting how lucrative money can be in boxing when you rule a division—and the fame is global. But the cycle could likely be the same with MMA. And when the novelty wears out, it’ll plateau.

Sincerely,

Gina Carano :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:31 am
Georges St. Pierre is the new UFC Welterwieght champion! Way to go :)

UFC fan here

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:07 pm
Back to MMA. This chick is one pretty face, great bod, and deadly puncher. Here you go, Mig:

Image Image Image Image
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:32 pm
There goes the boxing thread. :wink: :mrgreen:

Pretty savvy lookin' chick. Wouldn't want her to get pissed off when I'm around. Look at those arms... she has guns!!

Sorry to ask, but what's MMA stand for? Never heard of it. UFC and Boxing fan here.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:42 pm
Nah, X-Bay. This is still a boxing thread. We can't let that die.

MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. I saw Gina fight on HBO or SHO, first time for girls to be televised, and she's tough. Undefeated w/ KO power. She's more of a boxer, though--and with excellent mechanics, balance, and timing. Doesn't like it on the floor, and lets her opponents get up.

But, dayamm, I'd like to wrestle with her, though. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board