Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:50 am
:salute:

To Monta.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:06 pm
To beat a really good team like the Mavs on the road says a lot. To have our youngster, Monta, step up like he did shows a tough conference opponent that this Warrior team is not just Davis and Richardson.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:17 pm
monta should be an all star by next year for sure....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:02 pm
d1mex wrote:monta should be an all star by next year for sure....

I wonder what team he will be playing for next year!
Cause the warriors will in all likelihood lose both Pietrus and Ellis next year, but its ok we have Foyle and Dunleavy to fill their shoes.

I know its not a very positive post but, trust me I am just preparing u guys for the what will be coming this off season. I think AB is the only yougster one who will get an extension(this off season)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:21 pm
The Real Newman wrote:

Cause the warriors will in all likelihood lose both Pietrus and Ellis next year, but its ok we have Foyle and Dunleavy to fill their shoes.

I know its not a very positive post but, trust me I am just preparing u guys for the what will be coming this off season. I think AB is the only yougster one who will get an extension(this off season)

Read the question in this month's Tim Roye's journal about this exact subject. You will find a partial answer there.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:35 pm
jsw548 wrote:
The Real Newman wrote:

Read the question in this month's Tim Roye's journal about this exact subject. You will find a partial answer there.

that answers nothing, I know the warriors have the ability to pay Ellis, but for as much as I love the warriors I would not sign Ellis for 16 million(8 salary + 8tax), Pietrus 12 million(6 salary + 6 tax) and AB for 20 million(10 salary + 10 tax) with my own money

that is 48 million dollars per year!!!!!!!!

business is business, and u cant tell me that Cohan loves the warriors anymore than me. Ike's situaltion is a little better because Foyle comes off the book as soon as Ike is ready to hit the market.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:58 am
All I care about is getting through the season. Those contracts can be handled later. Actually, I'd like to get rid of Foyle's ASAP so we don't have to worry about cutting Roberson or Barnes before the Jan. 10 guarenteed contract deadline. Monta and Mickeal's stay will be based on who stays and who goes before the trade deadline. I'd rather have Monta, but Pietrus has been playing exceptionally well on or off the bench. So Mullin has to be ready to make the right decisions. I'd just hate to have Monta leave. That'd be Hurricane Katrina in Oakland.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:17 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote: Monta and Mickeal's stay will be based on who stays and who goes before the trade deadline. I'd rather have Monta, but Pietrus has been playing exceptionally well on or off the bench. So Mullin has to be ready to make the right decisions. I'd just hate to have Monta leave. That'd be Hurricane Katrina in Oakland.

Sorry buddy Foyle isnt going anywhere, well atleast his salary isnt going anywhere. No GM is that stupid, not even that metrosexual from NY.

We need cap room this offseason to sign mota and pietrus. An no one will trade a player in the last year of their deal for

A)Foyle + 2 first round picks
B)Dunleavy + 2 first round picks(not even his daddy)
C)Murphy(yes even Murphy)

the rest I dont think u wanna even consider getting rid of.

Chris Mullin has doomed us into living throught another Arenas situation.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:22 am
:bs:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:02 am
The Real Newman wrote:that answers nothing, I know the warriors have the ability to pay Ellis, but for as much as I love the warriors I would not sign Ellis for 16 million(8 salary + 8tax), Pietrus 12 million(6 salary + 6 tax) and AB for 20 million(10 salary + 10 tax) with my own money

that is 48 million dollars per year!!!!!!!!

That's what I've been saying all the offseason. The fact that we can match doesn't neccesarily mean the we're going to match. There's a lot of money tied up in salaries so, unless we're able to move some of them (Foyle, Murph, Dun... even Baron), there's no way we can extend everybody. That would put us as the team with the highest payroll in the league (yeah, above the Knicks). If anyone believes Cohan will allow that, they're nuts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:48 pm
The NBA 2K7 solution:

Trade Adonal Foyle, Mike Dunleavy, and Troy Murphy to the Orlando Magic for Grant Hill (who expires after this season).

Problem solved.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:04 pm
#32 wrote:Trade Adonal Foyle, Mike Dunleavy, and Troy Murphy to the Orlando Magic for Grant Hill (who expires after this season).

Problem solved.

If real life were that easy...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:23 pm
They questioned him because he had knee surgery!!! He was billed as being a 1st round pick if not for the surgery...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:25 pm
The W's are going to have trouble keeping the young core group (Ike, Monta and AB) if they resign MP to an extension...

The signing of MDJ and Foyle are going to ruin the W's plans of signing all four of their players!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:28 pm
The W's need to trade MDJ and Foyle for some expiring contracts before that time comes to resigning them!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball