Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2006-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to three?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:24 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:18 am
redape wrote:hey, anyone else feeling wierd about getting fired up about warrior defense? with biedrins changing/blocking so many shots and the smaller guys swarming folks and creating steals i'm not cringing every time we're back on d anymore. biedrins has seriously changed the warriors game. man i hope we keep the kid. we're 7th in league for steals and 10th for blocks right now (if i read the nba stats right).

Yeah, we're (a bit) better than I thought we would be... There are a lot of positive signs, if we keep in mind that we're just playing the first few games under Nellie and that the team is not fully healthy.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:52 am
baytobrooklyn wrote: Just back from the game. My first one in years. Glad it was a win!

A few observations:

The game was sloppy as hell. The Warriors looked real bad in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The Raptors had so many wide open 3's it was insane. The only reason the Warriors went on that run in the 4th was because the Raps finally started missing open shots.

The 2nd qtr. was a disaster! The conditioning Nellie had the players go through during camp really paid off in the 4th and that was the difference.

The Raps were tired and just firing up 3's to attempt to stay in the game. The Warriors, especially Baron was hustling up and down the court.

baytobrooklyn wrote:Biedrins is the man. He kept them in the game in the 3rd and start of the 4th. He had like 3 huge offensive boards in a row. Without those, the momentum may never have shifted the warriors way. The kid is a beast. I can't believe how young he is. He and Monta will be a force. They must be locked up long-term after or during this season.

Sh*t yeah, Biedrins is the man! :D Too bad he got caught up in foul trouble early in the game. What a difference he makes. Foyle pales in comparison to Biedrins...

When's that buyout of Foyle going to happen???

baytobrooklyn wrote:Dunleavy put up good numbers, and I guess I should be more impressed, but for some reason I'm just not. He still misses a lot of open jumpers, free throws, and one time when he did decide to take it to the hole tonight, he was so surprised when he got there unscathed, the his dunk got rejected by the rim. I guess he was making some open shots, and with 20 points he couldn't have been that awful.

You perfectly illustrated my thoughts on Dunny. He must have had the quietest 22 points in the history of the game.

I can't believe after Dung missed that dunk, Barnett nor Fitz' had anything to say about it. Not only that, next time down the court Dung bricked the 3 attempt hard, and again not a word out of our beloved commentators.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:33 pm
Big B, it was even more disgusting than JimBob being quiet. After Dung's Duffed Dunk, Barnett gave him a major suck job for good effort - these white bread house polyannas are a joke - check it out for yourself, thanks to dstown's post

<object> <param> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6oKiY1w0Ks" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:28 pm
=D> Thanks for posting that Colt! I can watch that again and again.

Not only did Dunny get a pass for clanking his dunk back to half court, but he's the one that got interviewed after the game. What kind of sh*t was that. Yeah, forget Baron's 4th quarter heroics, let's interview Dunleavy.

Why does Dunny always get the benefit of the doubt??? :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:17 pm
Big B wrote:=D> Thanks for posting that Colt! I can watch that again and again.

Not only did Dunny get a pass for clanking his dunk back to half court, but he's the one that got interviewed after the game. What kind of sh*t was that. Yeah, forget Baron's 4th quarter heroics, let's interview Dunleavy.

Why does Dunny always get the benefit of the doubt??? :banghead:

I know...look, I really hate to go here, and full disclosure, I am an upper middle-class white guy who has had a lot of advantages so I am well aware how the game is played, but there is an element in how much of the benefit of the doubt that Dung gets that starts you wondering about some of these guys. I think white guys who are into hoops are generally not nearly as racist as the average joe, but there could be some unconscious racism going on here from Fitzgerald and Barnett, leaning over backwards to stroke the white guy. Dung strikes me a lot like the privileged kids who get into Yale and Stanford cause Daddy went there, and there is a Duke aristocracy combined with a Mike Dunleavy Sr connection as well. Janny Hu is also a big fellater of Dunleavy. In the game where Ws destroyed the Pistons, Hu spent 2 paragraphs gushing on about how Mike D was awesome with his 9 points off the bench. My son used to have a shrine to Dungleavy and even he saw the light. And interviewing Dung after the game instead of Baron or Biedrins? Ludicrous. This type of garbage used to go on all the time in the jazz world (not anymore, if anything there is crow jim in jazz) but perhaps I respond so strongly to it because of that. I just want to see the best players playing and after 4 plus years of hoping this clown would improve, I am convinced that Dung is a basketball mediocrity at best, who has gotten every advantage, gush piece in the press, suck job from the radio and tv crowd and become wealthy beyond anything we on this board could imagine. Again, like Foyle, I don't begrudge him the money, since we'd all take it if we could. What I want in return is for him to hit the occasional open shot, stop blowing his finishes and stop taking playing time from players more deserving than him. IMO, he is 8th on the Ws depth chart at best, after BD, JRich, Monta, Biedrin, Ike, Pietrus, Murphy and he gets way more minutes than his play warrants. Forgive the rant, and little would make me happier as a bball fan than to see Dung get 22 a night, but I'd also like my wife to wake me every morning dressed in Victoria's Secret's finest, a gleam in her eye and bearing freshly brewed coffee and that doesn't seem to be happening either!

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:38 am
coltraning wrote:I know...look, I really hate to go here, and full disclosure, I am an upper middle-class white guy who has had a lot of advantages so I am well aware how the game is played, but there is an element in how much of the benefit of the doubt that Dung gets that starts you wondering about some of these guys. I think white guys who are into hoops are generally not nearly as racist as the average joe, but there could be some unconscious racism going on here from Fitzgerald and Barnett, leaning over backwards to stroke the white guy. Dung strikes me a lot like the privileged kids who get into Yale and Stanford cause Daddy went there, and there is a Duke aristocracy combined with a Mike Dunleavy Sr connection as well. Janny Hu is also a big fellater of Dunleavy. In the game where Ws destroyed the Pistons, Hu spent 2 paragraphs gushing on about how Mike D was awesome with his 9 points off the bench. My son used to have a shrine to Dungleavy and even he saw the light. And interviewing Dung after the game instead of Baron or Biedrins? Ludicrous. This type of garbage used to go on all the time in the jazz world (not anymore, if anything there is crow jim in jazz) but perhaps I respond so strongly to it because of that. I just want to see the best players playing and after 4 plus years of hoping this clown would improve, I am convinced that Dung is a basketball mediocrity at best, who has gotten every advantage, gush piece in the press, suck job from the radio and tv crowd and become wealthy beyond anything we on this board could imagine. Again, like Foyle, I don't begrudge him the money, since we'd all take it if we could. What I want in return is for him to hit the occasional open shot, stop blowing his finishes and stop taking playing time from players more deserving than him. IMO, he is 8th on the Ws depth chart at best, after BD, JRich, Monta, Biedrin, Ike, Pietrus, Murphy and he gets way more minutes than his play warrants. Forgive the rant, and little would make me happier as a bball fan than to see Dung get 22 a night, but I'd also like my wife to wake me every morning dressed in Victoria's Secret's finest, a gleam in her eye and bearing freshly brewed coffee and that doesn't seem to be happening either!

But... but... but... Dun has great attitude. He tried to dunk and all. :mrgreen:
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 pm
There you go Coltraning. Nothing wrong with telling it like it is.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:03 pm
I could hardly agree more. Last year, after watching countless games on TV, hearing our hilarious homer announcers lauding Dunleavy's subpar play, I finally scrounged up enough money for some cheap seats. And it's amazing when Dunleavy gets in the game: you can FEEL the life get sucked out of the crowd and the team. He's just bad. You can't fault his effort, certainly, but that's about the only thing. I'd take Eduardo Najera in a nanosecond over Dunleavy. Same credentials (hustle player, forward, yadda yadda, etc.) but he gets it DONE.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:18 pm
coltraning wrote:Big B, it was even more disgusting than JimBob being quiet. After Dung's Duffed Dunk, Barnett gave him a major suck job for good effort - these white bread house polyannas are a joke - check it out for yourself, thanks to dstown's post

<object> <param> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6oKiY1w0Ks" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Coltraining, I have been saying that for 5 years! They kiss Mike's ass to a sickening degree. For the first 3 years they were talking about running the offense through Mike. The it was Mike should get more shots. The it was Mike and his "handles". That is one of the reason why I hate Mike so much. The announcers have tried to force Mike down our throats. Oh yeah, I forgot one, Mikes "knowlege of the game"

But to some it all up, hear is words of that great philospher, Chris Rock: "so you are a smarty arty but, but, can you kick my ass? I don't think Mike and all his knowledge can kick anyones ass.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:28 pm
Yup - I wonder if Dung has the collected JimBob suck jobs on Tivo, so he can raise his self-esteem when he only got 35 minutes of PT. Seriously, I know our announcing team is laughable, but I am wondering if it is just par for the course...Tim Roy ain't bad and I dug Greg Papa, and don't recall the Dung semen dripping out of either of their mouths in quite the way it coats the chins of JimBob - oops, did I type that in my out loud voice :wink:

ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:06 pm
Has anyone figured out why he wears a rubber band around his forehead? Isnt that why they invented headbands?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:54 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Has anyone figured out why he wears a rubber band around his forehead? Isnt that why they invented headbands?

No clue. Guessing it keeps his hair up. Headbands don't always keep your hair up, they usually just hang over. I don't think Dun would even look good rocking the headband. Not his thing. The rubberband will do.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 am
Dubs4life wrote:Has anyone figured out why he wears a rubber band around his forehead? Isnt that why they invented headbands?

Yeah, pawno gave it to him as a proof of his eternal love. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Game Threads