Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:38 pm
why isn't there a topic about out unexpected starting center that has been coming up big?

Generally speaking, we'd all thought richardson would be our most important player heck even baron or monta and some even thought dunleavy might be different(very few), but who would have guessed mr. Biedrins would've steped up like he has done. We actually look like a real team with baron, monta, richardson, pietrus or troy, and andris is on the floor. i've been really impressed with him. i always liked him but man is he doing things that we didn't expect. he's grown so much. Aside from last night he's been keeping his fouls down compared to last year and he's been catching so many passes it's crazy. it's amazing how it feels to have an actual center that does things other than defense, which he's also been doing very well.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:53 pm
I can't say enough good things about AB.

The kid is really showing us something. He always looked tentative before this season. Now he's stickin his nose in there and holding his own against the trees.

Ya man, you nailed it, AB is that spark we've been lacking. And to think.... he's only going to get better!! ::lol: \:D/ :hello1:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:42 pm
Biedrins is an absolute stud. He has far exceeded my expectations of him. Hopefully he can keep this up throughout the entire season and avoid injury.

If he keeps playing this good, we may never see what POB can do...

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:09 pm
dstown wrote:... Aside from last night he's been keeping his fouls down compared to last year and he's been catching so many passes it's crazy. it's amazing how it feels to have an actual center that does things other than defense, which he's also been doing very well.

He is doing so well that even the refs are beginning to lay off of him. Last year it seemed many officials were intent on fouling him out.

What sets him apart from almost all other centers is his quickness. He reminds me of Antoine Jamison the way he gets up and how fast his shot is launched. He can run the floor as well, which is great for this offense.

And he will get bigger and stronger with age, shoot free throws better and have more and better shots and moves.

I believe he will be a very special player in this league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:33 pm
Andris and Monta are my underrated favorite Warriors. I like them but I hardly give them credit for what they do. Those men are absolute studs. Boss tycoons if you will.

Biedrins has developed well under Nellie. He's finishing better, he's learning how to play defense on the ground, and he's shooting free throws better than ever.

As for Monta, the kid is a mortherf*ckin' boss. This kid has stepped up big on the offensive side with Jrich not 100%. He even plays keeps up with his man and gets out on the break.

These two are the hardest workers on the team next to Baron and Jrich of course. Without them, this team would be in trouble.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:54 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Andris and Monta are my underrated favorite Warriors. I like them but I hardly give them credit for what they do. Those men are absolute studs. Boss tycoons if you will.

Biedrins has developed well under Nellie. He's finishing better, he's learning how to play defense on the ground, and he's shooting free throws better than ever.

As for Monta, the kid is a mortherf*ckin' boss. This kid has stepped up big on the offensive side with Jrich not 100%. He even plays keeps up with his man and gets out on the break.

These two are the hardest workers on the team next to Baron and Jrich of course. Without them, this team would be in trouble.

Now Nellie just has to put Ike in there, and we're set for a playoff run...
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:37 am
Yeah, Ike is such a beast inside.
With AB dominating the board, Baron doing his thing, and J-RIch will eventually kicks in, we are talking about playoffs and an All-Star.
Go Warriors!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:07 am
Before people get all over me for writing this, I would like to say that Chris Mullin deserves much praise for drafting Biedrens. I view Biedrens's role on this Warrior team much like Bill Russell's was on the Celtics: a guy who goes after every inside shot, fights for rebounds, and runs the floor. The offense does not have to go thru Biedrens; however, Biedrens can contribute to the offense by establishing an inside presence and finishing and following up missed shots.

BTW, I love watching this kid play! With Biedrens and Ike, the team has two guys that are comfortable on the block; Ike more on offense, Biedrens more on defense.

With Murphy in the mix, the team now has a nice high post-low post game where the team now has court balance!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:16 am
Do you know what was weird about that draft? Biedrins actually wanted to be a Warrior. Props to him for actually feeling that way and to Mullin for making it happen.

I think in a year or two they might run the O through Biedrins. He has been timid in the past, but the last few games he has taken it at the basket. With his age and skill set, it makes sense that he will only get A LOT better on offense.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:38 am
BIEDRINS IS THE MAN!
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:54 pm
Thunder wrote:Do you know what was weird about that draft? Biedrins actually wanted to be a Warrior. Props to him for actually feeling that way and to Mullin for making it happen.

I think in a year or two they might run the O through Biedrins. He has been timid in the past, but the last few games he has taken it at the basket. With his age and skill set, it makes sense that he will only get A LOT better on offense.
Where did you read Dre wanted to be a Warrior? I would love to see that in writing. Makes me <3 Dre even more.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 pm
I didn't read it I just remember hearing it during the draft coverage. It stuck out because, well, it is unfortunately something you never hear.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:28 pm
Bedrins Walnut Creek based agent told Mullin about 17 year old Bedrins because Mullin was heading over seas to scout so they decided to travel together, Mullin was introduced to Bedrins and impressed with what he saw on the court so he drafted him, this is why Bedrins was glad to be a Warrior :D Also Mullin made the right selection instead of drafting 7'5 Pavel PodzoLOLzxxz :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:12 pm
uptempo wrote:Before people get all over me for writing this, I would like to say that Chris Mullin deserves much praise for drafting Biedrens. I view Biedrens's role on this Warrior team much like Bill Russell's was on the Celtics: a guy who goes after every inside shot, fights for rebounds, and runs the floor. The offense does not have to go thru Biedrens; however, Biedrens can contribute to the offense by establishing an inside presence and finishing and following up missed shots.

BTW, I love watching this kid play! With Biedrens and Ike, the team has two guys that are comfortable on the block; Ike more on offense, Biedrens more on defense.

With Murphy in the mix, the team now has a nice high post-low post game where the team now has court balance!

dont start suckin his dick just yet, his name is Biedrins!!!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:52 pm
Biedrins obviously have made you all forget about Patrick O'Bryant. What are we going to do with him? Is he a player or is he another Warrior lottery bust? (see Mike Dunleavy or Joe Smith.)

I think POB can play and should be getting some game. You can't learn very well from sitting on the end of the bench. There was definite a need for him in the Toronto game when Andris got into foul trouble.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball